Friday night Smack Up!!!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by wrcmad, Sep 27, 2013.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...ing-worse-than-libor-bafin-s-koenig-says.html

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

That's just what governments, their institutions / beneficiaries do since decades and centuries. And now they bring it as a 'scandal' alike it's something new. :)

3. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I think you don't appreciate the difference made between the integrity of institutions and the consistent rule of law in the success of trading nations and the lack of those qualities. It is true that power corrupts and there is always the presence cronyism and corruption, but as long as it is not totally overt and held in check by regulators in their consistent application of law, TRUST is maintained and a home for investment capital and wealth accumulation is possible.

The more overt the corruption and manipulations, the less consistent and transparent the rule of law, the less trust exists. With the recognition of manipulation of all significant markets, so is trust lost in those institutions, the regulators and ultimately the country. The flight of capital out of the country because of the sovereign risk over the relative lack of institutional integrity of markets is the banana republic scenario, where the decline in morality leads to the decline of the nation financially.

The rise and fall of all significant empires is paralleled by the rise and fall in the trust in their institutions. Those successful nations today have relatively trustworthy institutions while the chaotic and despotic countries of the world where sovereign risk is high, are less successfull and cannot attract or accumulate capital.

The 'scandalous' nature of the commentary regarding these market manipulations ( and the militarisation of law enforcement and over surveillance activities) is significant of the losing of institutional trust.

This is presage to the decline of the state and its markets into turmoil, and if institutional trust is not regained, ultimately to their destruction.

Bear in mind that trust must be won by the trustworthy and cannot be demanded by the untrustworthy. So the increasing authoritarianism of the state and transparency of the corruption in their institutions and their captive regulators really is important to observe in recognising the greater trend, which in this case is the epocal decline in the hegemony of the USA ... and by extension it's tightly coupled western allies.

4. Pirocco

There is only 1 institution that is trustworthy, that is, the institution known as 'free market'.
    There is nothing 'relatively' trustworthy on people that wanna be able to dictate others in a legal unpunished way, because the very existence reason for these privileges is to screw trust, meaning that every 'begin' of it already implies the will to drive it through to an 'all'.

5. CriticalSilver

If you are trying to say that the seeds of an institution's destruction are sown into its creation, then I couldn't agree more. The nature of our existence is imperfect. There is no nirvana on earth, in markets, regulators or elsewhere. So it is irrational to ignore that there is a spectrum (below perfection) of trustworthiness and other virtues in public institutions, or to dismiss that there are societal benefits of having relatively better institutions, or that there are correspondences between the success of countries and the integrity of their institutions.

The breakdown of institutional integrity echoes the failure of the societal paradigm and that is the significance of the times we are in and the consternation in the observers and commentators of the decline.

6. Pirocco

This isnt about nature, isn't about things beyond human control and isn't about 'institution' as such.
    It's about an ordinary bunch lazy as!!hes that tries to grab other peoples products without helping producing them. Whatever expensive words they stick onto their sticky fingers.

7. the optimist

the optimist New Member

A few more days like friday this coming week would be a nice, get me out of an open spread that I'm sick of the sight of ! (Fingers crossed)

8. CriticalSilver

Well I think it is pretty unreasonable to ignore them when trying to condemn Andrew Maguire. I take it you are still speaking about him being a parasitic perma-bull trying to steal other people's hard earned wealth through incorrect guidance.

He's a broker that offers a service, he testified in the USA about the institutional manipulation occurring under the nose of regulators, gained attention after a car accident that many thought was an assassination attempt, and has since been a regular commentator on the state of the PM market.

I can't comment on the value or performance of his brokerage service, but it is a business and needs to attract customers so one has to view what he says in that light. But unless you want to condemn advertising in general, I think the responsibility is on the listener to understand the marketing aspect of publicity and not be naive.

Discernment and critical thinking are skills and are practiced by all astute people.

People are always selling something, that is just the nature of things. We all do it, thats what leads to markets. Societal reliance on some markets creates institutions to regulate them, which in turn creates the potential for corruption. Just as successful individuals need to be vigilant against buying things from unscrupulous sellers, successful societies need to be vigilant against the corruption of their public institutions.

Andrew Maguire was a whistleblower against the corruption of the PM market and the implicit collusion of the regulators. Whether one listens to him or not, they should practice discernment and critical thinking if they are to be successful and astute.

It's a bit harsh calling him a lazy asshole. Now if you were talking about central bankers, merchant bankers, politicians, corrupt bureaucrats, princelings, and other crony, monopolistic, rent-seeking, blood-sucking, freedom destroying assholes, that would be another matter entirely!

9. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well, those dastardly banksters are at it again. This cannot go on forever, ... game will end... unlawful protection of the dollar.... rehypothecation, ..... collapse.... etc. etc. :)

[​IMG]

10. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bloody manipulation

11. klacey

klacey New Member

Haha so funny, just as I finished reading wrcmad's sig, you hit me with this comment. :lol:

12. Pirocco

The Smack Up is already busy since months, as reflected by the increased comex silver orders at a same price. So they are replacing the positions of others on the silver market, that 'exited'. When they will cancel those future orders, Smack Down.

And that Friday night Smack Up was crying too early haha.

13. wrcmad

FFS!
    They scored a hat-trick!!!! :eek: 3 Fri's in a row?!
    How long can these criminal swine keep this blatant Friday night manipulation party going???!!
    It all has to come crashing down soon. :D
    God damned good for nothing paper traders.

[​IMG]

14. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Just making up for yesterday's smack down

You can't expect the manipulators to make money if the price stays flat or just goes in one direction

lots more profit to be made with up down up down up down

15. Pirocco

Where did you see that friday night smack up last week?
    [​IMG]
    Your statistics are criminal swines haha.

16. wrcmad

Scroll up and see post #51. :rolleyes:
    Then you can re-read post #54 where you agreed. :p
    Very short memory?

17. Pirocco

Scroll up yourself and see post #54 :rolleyes:
    Same story now.
    You create posts about Friday Night Smack Ups but they are Smacked Down again. :p
    Your topic criticizes those that claim Friday Night Smack Down manipulation (where I agree with), but your Smack Up claims aren't much better haha.

18. wrcmad

Interesting... I have made a point of leaving you posts alone over recent times.
    Criticize all you want.
    None of my claims have been as poor as your history of buy price targets for physical. It must be something in the data? :rolleyes:
    You are welcome to single me out when your buy targets resemble something other than a loss making exercise - then at least you may have a little bit of credibility. :D

19. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

some smack up :rolleyes:

20. Pirocco

Criticize "all"?
    If you want to criticize those that claim price mechanism manipulation, criticism of which I agree with (as said in my first post), at least use things that are true. We have seen two price upward moves on Friday, that happen as well on every random day of the week, and in your example friday cases, they were also undone, leaving nothing but the void to use as argument.
    What this has to do with my or your "buy price targets for physical" is unclear to me. If you would be right on 10 other subjects, or I would be right on 10 other subjects, what relevance does it have, this isn't about predictions / speculation, it's about claimed manipulation, and your critic on them is based on false claims as well. Your hat-rick is as bogus as those you target with it. :rolleyes: