First image of Gods of Olympus POSEIDON

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by todocopia1, May 23, 2014.

1. Kordarg

Kordarg New Member

Official dealers get pre-allocated coins.

I can't help wondering what Perth Mint has to say about official dealers getting their allocated coins and selling them well above RRP. Wasn't the 1 per household limit meant to prevent individuals from doing that?

2. Genesis.1

Genesis.1 Member

Very good point...

3. R4mn33k

R4mn33k New Member

I think its pretty fair, not just because I got one, but dealers are also at risk, they might get this coin and make 3x money, but what about the 5 or 10 other coins that they get where they sell below issue price? PM is not making its entire revenue out of 1 coin, if that was the case they wouldn't allow any dealers as dealers get some % of the coin, why would they loose money on a coin that they can easily sell all themselves. Such as this 1500 mintage one, but still they sell to dealers at a discount, where they are loosing money, but overall combining all the coins, I think the PM is much better off. In the end its about making money, the PM is there to maximize their profits.

4. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

Yep

5. Torcan

Torcan New Member Silver Stacker

so one has to wonder how many "Official Dealers" are on the take
    and what was the allotment to the general public that logged on to buy one
    was it 5, 25, 50, 100 ???
    sure as hell wasn't 1500
    Would be nice if they came clean on it.

I am a customer of the Perth Mint, have bought items from them
    Now I will re-think how much of my money I wish to spend on them after this fiasco

6. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

You're the very first person that confirmed to have gotten one through the cracks. Hopefully this isn't a PM shill account, seeing how you just registered today and this is the first post.

7. HAC888

HAC888 Member

Very good catch iluvbeanz !

8. R4mn33k

R4mn33k New Member

Hi, to begin with, I registered yesterday to be able to post, been looking at this forum for a week or 2 now, started when I came across someone on rfd mentioning silver stacker forum, as for "shill account" I honestly dont know what that means, I am fairly new to coins, this is my first purchase from perth mint, otherwise I only buy $X for $X series from RCM.
    heres my story on what happened:
    11:45 I logged in, and then went in using the cashback link from wsdcoins, and was on the gods of olympus page, refreshed few times incase it appeared before 12. then at 12:00 I refreshed took 2-3mins, coin did not appear, did that again and it did not appear, then I went to new releases, by this time it was around 12:20, it was there, I added to cart, gave error page, went back and added again, it was added. Then I went to checkout, got through, to billing, then for delivery gave error again. took me all the way back to new releases page when something appeared, went to checkout again. This time, went through, chose paypal, there was some waiting, and then I got a 7mins wait time, after which my order was placed and it took me to paypal (used to save time entering credit card info, although got charged high exchange rate) The order confirmation email I received was at 12:49, so spent over an hour on this.

What might have helped me SLIGHTLY is that, I closed almost all applications on my macbook, made sure it was running at optimal speed, disconnected all devices that used internet, to make sure I got the full 50mbps download and upload, I had 3 tabs open, perthmint, RFD and this forum, in an attempt to maximize speed (although might not have matter, just to make sure)

I don't even have the first coin in the series, so either I will save up and buy that, or sell this one at some profit, the time here in ontario canada was 12pm and I am off university for the summer, so I did not do anything out of my way to get this coin, just did regular things I would do for any limited quantity sale to optimize speed

9. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

Not only on forums, but people I know personally...nobody got an order through except for this cat...he must be something special.

10. picturefun

picturefun Member

I was logged in HALF an hour BEFORE 12:00am Perth Mint time!! Still got NOTHING!!

11. Ghost Story

50mbps wow not sure anyone in Australia gets that I max out at 14 and that's good, see all those NBN doubters heres proof that fibre works and to think they just pulled the cables the other day have to patch in while they're not looking :)

12. picturefun

picturefun Member

13. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Speed that fast won't help. I've got 152mbps at home and it made not a blind bit of difference. Very disappointed at the whole exercise and am convinced they had at most a few score of them to sell online.

14. Ghost Story

double wow we are living in the stone age here hopefully not for much longer :)

15. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Almost certainly none. Anyone get one ?

16. Ghost Story

17. Grader84

Grader84 Member Silver Stacker

Not even close

18. R4mn33k

R4mn33k New Member

I don't get how the system works then, maybe I got lucky but there should be more people who got it, I am guessing its probably a lot of people who woke up/stayed up to get it and went to sleep, therefore they are not here posting.

19. Sneakypeen

Sneakypeen Active Member

I opened the Perth Mint at 8pm ready for the release. Everything was in order. Coin appears everything dies. Finally get to order summery page about 12:35Am. Then, take this item out of your cart because no one is allowed to buy this series at our listed price other then businesses.

20. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had no luck either and I was quite early in the queue.