First image of Gods of Olympus POSEIDON

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by todocopia1, May 23, 2014.

1. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

I had the same experience as almost everyone else here logged in early then a problem with the password reset then waited forever then of course after all that no coin! what a bunch of crap ! so far what one person here claims to have actually got one? very strange

2. HAC888

HAC888 Member

I think it was typo 15.2 mbps instead 152mbps ( I could be wrong)

[​IMG]

3. ladesidude

ladesidude New Member

I was able to get one coin. Had both chrome and Ie open. Got an error before billing. My chrome browser froze. Then PM site was unavailable. When I got back in my session was still alive so cart had the coin. Was able to go all the way to payment and then had to wait 17 minutes. A total of 57 minutes to get one coin!

4. Jjok

Jjok New Member

I actually just set up an account so I post here. People have asked if anyone got one, so I wanted to respond. I am not a shill for Perth and am just a stacker who really likes the looks of these coins.

I did get a coin. And I have no intention of selling it for profit......

And, I am not happy with the way this went down, but not for the dealer part......

I set up an account at Perth last week just to get this coin. I logged in at 10:50 today and had 3 tabs in Chrome....the Poseidon homepage (took zeus page and substituted poseidon in the URL), the recent coins page, and a search page for Poseidon (worthless).

I refreshed all 3 pages several times in the first 15 minutes and finally got the "recent" page to come up with the coin and "Add to cart" link. I immediately added and waited. Once I clicked the add, I did NOT refresh, and it took 10 minutes for it to show in the cart. From there each checkout page took about 3-4 minutes until the final order confirmation.........and yes going to a totally separate "fast" site and returning did seem to work.

My timer showed 19 minutes and it did count down close to that clock. At the end it showed the confirmation screen and link for Paypal which was quick to pay. I then received the 2 emails almost immediately (from Perth and from Paypal for the full amount). 5 minutes later I saw people posting that it was now unavailable.

I think it's fair to say i got lucky.

I think the discussion of dealers getting their profits and all that jazz is eye-opening but should have been expected. My guess is Perth had a set plan to give X amount to dealers and X amount to the general public and I do support that to a point. It just sucks that companies like Gainesville is going to gouge their clients on this. Perth should make their resellers agree to a selling point for the items before releasing them to the resellers......

If you do the math, they took $600K worth of silver and sold it for $2.25 million.....a great payday but my guess is that it's a small amount for their company as a whole. This coin was about hype. It's a beautiful looking coin that shows off what they can do in hopes that collectors will continue to have interest in other stuffs they mint. Unfortunately I think this experience only has the potential to hurt them versus help.

Where I have problems amounts to 2 things....They knew interest would be high and couldn't handle the traffic and why the heck would they release 10 set coins at the EXACT same time? I realize that the Poseidon was the big draw today, but why release the others at the same time?

Poorly planned IMHO.

I'm sorry to those who tried and didn't succeed in getting this......

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was at the start but then kept reading through I felt quite sad for you guys! Waiting all that time and enduring all that frustration for nothing :/

This is why I don't bother with PM releases anymore.

6. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Instead of bothering with this one, I went for a steak sandwich and a cold beer while supporting the local dancing girls.

I am calling it time much better spent :D

7. picturefun

picturefun Member

I was in the same situation, on Step 3, PM all of a sudden ADD a place asking to confirm password, and after I input the Same password, I passed, then got error message. I must have did this 3 times, since now I already got THREE Welcoming message from PM in my email box, as if I had never ordered anything before from them. I have ordered closed to 20 time from them before in the SAME account!
    What a wonderful system PM has.

8. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

Maybe this guy is shorting the market, ie selling stuff he doesn't have with the expectation he will pick it up later when the hub bub dies down. Doesn't seem to have tons of Perth products kind a mish mash of stuff. Already see listings at $399 US for Posey

9. picturefun

picturefun Member

It does NOT matter how many other coins PM released this morning. 100% buyers this morning were buying Only Poseidon! And perhaps ONLY 3% actually got through the order. With your luck, you could go buy a lottery ticket :)

10. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

I took off some work today to place the order as the release was at noon in the Eastern US. After just over an hour I was finally able to log into the site, had the same password reset issues as mentioned by others. At about 1:10 AM your local time I was excited to see that the coin was still available so I quickly placed it in my cart. It took several minutes to enter my purchase information as the site was very slow at that time. It was still in my cart and when I hit the final purchase button I got a message that it was no longer available and I should remove it from my cart! All of this happened in the space of about 5 minutes.

This little glitch will now cost me a couple of hundred dollars if I should decide to try and buy this from eBay where all the speculators will be making a killing. As a collector who took time off work, tried for over an hour, had the coin IN MY CART and still didn't get it, I am very disappointed with this experience. I have to question myself as to if I would be willing to put myself through this again.

11. atlas

atlas Member

I got one.

I sat and stared at that bloody icon until 3am when I fell asleep in my computer chair. Woke up at 7:30 and it was still spinning like a champion.

Checked my email and there was a confirmation of purchase recieved at 12:40am LOL.

I'm sorry to hear so many missed out.

12. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

^ Damm you, so lucky at least your time paid off.

For most of us, the frustration was that we suffered through the whole checkout process for hours. When order finally submitted, there was spinning thing that tells you the order is confirmed, but you have to wait a certain amount of minutes while it's still processing. The big slap in the face was that during those long minutes, THE COINS WERE YANKED OUT OF OUR HANDS. Talk about major baiting.

13. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

I got shut-out. My payment was processing for hours on end. I was on since 12 US EST. Very disappointing. I thought the US Mint website had issues but Perth Mint takes the cake. At least I actually get my orders processed with the US Mint and there's enough of a mintage level to ensure coin enthusiasts get theirs. And considering the market, it's still limited enough. With next year being the Year of the Goat, in all likelihood, I am done with Perth Mint.

14. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

Well with the exception of the Disney series. Lol.

15. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

They are back up, I just got one and it went easy and fast!

16. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And just as quick back to unavailable.

Maybe it's a steady release of coins? If this is the case then it would have been nice if someone had informed us before some stayed up til 3am.