Fed Taper 'likely coming' After Better Data

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by House, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Byron

Byron Guest

I love your old time stories Old Codger, you should write everything down in a journal.

These are the sorts of stories that kids never hear about and are too valuable to be lost.

2. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

It is wrong to think that the "Fed" controls the economy.............proof is in the pudding.....look at their economy....if thats the best manipulating they can do then they are hopeless.
    As for tapering....if the amount they taper does not increase then its overall effect decreases as a percentage....you actually getting tapering without tapering.....
    In the long term, tapering is going to happen anyway.....the market is slowly being acclimatised to it.....it is toxic waste that even the Fed don't want..
    Interest rates will be on the rise soon enough and those bonds will collapse in value.........The Fed aren't that stupid.

3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Way Way grimmer I fear Julie as the vast majority of people have lost or abandoned the ability to supply even the bare basics for themselves. How many could even knock up a basic damper or loaf of bread let alone grow a veggie patch?
    The great unwashed have become so reliant and dependent upon the JIT system and in such massive numbers that when it does fail them it will be armageddon on an uprecedented scale for many millions of people.

4. southerncross

Take a look at the top end of town tolly, the market is ever upwards based upon magical numbers and very little else, the manipulation is working just fine.

The day they try to taper is the same one all those magical numbers start to come undone, They are locked in with no way out except for collapse of the whole rotten system.
    Tapering is not possible end of story.

5. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've looked at a few of these 'corrections' & typically they set back society & living standards about 30 years.

I've been shouted down before, but the facts still remain. Depressions don't mean the destruction of infrastructure nor the regression of technology... you can't un-invent mobile phones, the internet or mass public transport anymore than motor cars, cinema and electric light in the 1930's... or hot running water, the rail road or tiined food in the 1890's.

the comforts still remain... its just their use is curtailed or restricted.

A depression in tidays terms would be like living in the 70's. Due to prices we would be restricted in our choice of food & entertainment (no foxtel), mode of transport & living arrangements. IMO, It wouldn't be the end of the world.

6. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

You have explained how the physical benefits we enjoy will be there - now talk about the emotional and traumatic side of defending yourself and family from people who really cant be f**ked playing societies rules or downgrading there lifestyle a little for the greater good.

Broaden your perspective a little. People get real p*ssed when they dont receive a pay check for a fortnight - just transpose that on an entire community, state, country then times that exponentially across a timeline (however long it lasts).

Not contemplating a particular point can change the entire outcome - a collapse will be different to 90-100 years ago, just don't expect the world to have the same self control you may possess.

7. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

8. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

No welfare, no pensions, no dole...Now that would mean a lot of suffering.

Regards Errol 43

9. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Isn't it funny how we spend so little time looking at other countries that have living standards way below what we can possibly imagine and the people at the bottom have lives that would be horrific in our eyes.
    A depression is all relative. Our worst depression still looks bloody good to the poor of India.

10. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think, from reading you emotional post, that you'd prefer we just not talk about it at all.

Yes, let's just not look at history objectively and use any imagination to apply it to our current paradigm and game out a potenital outcome... even it it challenges us, lets just bury our heads in the sand and deal with it when it arrives as a surprise.

How very Gen-Y of you, SilverJay.

Just watch who you tell to get some perspective!

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Undoubtedly in the short term.

But the only way that such events could occur would be if government either ceased to exist or was reduced down to near zero. The market forces would then be free and humans would be able to take responsibility for improving their own lives, those that choose to not do so would continue to suffer - bad luck to them.

We need a reset of that magnitude. Fiddling at the edges will do nothing.

12. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

turtle India....its overpopulated and they're all dumb as dogshit......Same as China.....Why should the developed western nations even minorly compare themselves to these countries?

13. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ever been to India? Of course you haven't as you made this retarded statement. Go see the world before posting such tripe.

14. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

I would love to talk about it. Im just afraid your not honest enough with yourself to take in the rest of life's predicaments into the equation before blurting out "the comforts still remain... its just their use is curtailed or restricted." Kind of sells the whole major event short don't you think?

PS: Im guessing this was sarcasm....

The 'paradigm' has shifted just a tad since pre-WWII wouldn't you agree? So challenging your opinion and saying to 'expect something to play out differently 90-100 years later' is probably good of me and in fact the opposite of burying my head.

15. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Mate they cant speak english, they're not very smart and somehow in this country they even get licenses to drive cars and trucks...... They're sick-of-censoring-language-even-when-poorly-spelt 50 yrs behind us westerners.......turtle em,....Not our problem!

16. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

what's a westerer?

17. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Edited smartass.... Fuck i love this site... LOL!

18. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Keep living in ignorance mate. Maybe you can blame India for you not having a job.

19. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Yes I can blame them....They're not able to fit into our society..... I had a truck driver today at work.....I could'nt fuckin understand a word he was saying.......I literally had to say 'mate i cannot understand you'!

20. southerncross

I agree with you mostly about infrastructure and the non regression of technology etc, but we now live in the age of instant transfer of news and information, a total reliance for foodstuff's on a finely balanced transport and supply regime and a near total reliance on electricity and electronic banking.

People today simply do not have the self reliance and fortitude of those of a hundred years ago. You only have to look to the recent weather events over the past few years to see how reliant people are on the everyday convenience of food and power over the short term.

If the checks stopped coming it would be only a short time before there was mayhem on the street's and from there only a further short time before public transport and regular delivery's stopped happening. Once that happens society as we know it quickly deteriorates. People cant get to or stop going to work, service providers shut up shop. People get pissed off and try to provide for their family's any way they can. Thing's quickly unravel.

You just have to look to the U.S and what happened with a tiny little problem with food stamps as an example.

Just one afternoon, a few short hours.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPUfgLqQO0[/youtube]