Fake American Silver Eagles

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by yennus, Jun 25, 2011.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As spoken above, it is a fake ASE.

There is another silverstacker member that was present with me. I'll leave it up to that person to decide whether to enter into this dispute. Together I'm pretty sure we saw fake ASEs dated the year 2000.

A picture of the reverse is provided:
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_counterfeit_silver_eagle_dollar.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

2. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Might as well send this thread into a tangent...not like it's never happened before :D

Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere but doesn't anyone else see the connection every-time counterfeiting come's up?

Two real contenders are Panda/ASE - ok then why?

Well IMHO both countries are the 'centre' creation of the coming collapse - one was the enabler and the other the creator. Post crash, the citizens of these two countries will flock to 'real' money which they expect originated from within there borders legally. Good reason to hold them then? perhaps but not for this black duck. The premiums are likely to be huge compared to other rounds,which will fuel the counterfeiters attempt to perfect there craft of deception. I expect many to get caught out.

Less internationally attracted rounds like Perth mint and other's are likely to sail through,being less attractive for the risk being taken by the counterfeiter. After all, death penalty is a pretty strong deterrent. For me,I prefer to stack these even if my premium return is less - difficult to do a F2F trade if the buyer doesn't have a XRF machine handy.

Picked up a stack of counterfeit Panda's covering every year from 1982 to 2011. Some are pathetic, but some are pretty impressive. I accept 'Pandaperts' could pick the real from fake but what if you don't have one handy? buy a megga dollar XRF? there goes the reason for buying them in the first place. To put the Panda lovers at peace, these better copies have no face value (i.e 10 Yuan) which stood out to me immediately...but add this to the presses die and you are starting to get 65% or better people tricked.

ASE fakes are real - go lash out and buy some to see the level of detail. Plenty of places to go including the bay. But they have 'copy' printed on them? hmmm any half decent machinist can alter that die in minutes then there not...

Not hear to spread fear or fuel conflict - just a simple stackers observation towards a very concerning trend developing...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yennus i would like to buy that Fake ASE from you
    Let me know what you want for it if you are willing to sell it
    Thanks
    REDBACK

4. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

hi Redback, the price would be pretty high given there scarcity... i mean these things are pretty illusive... i heard reports of the loch ness monster selling some but might be bs.

I think its safe to assume FAKE ASE's are not an issue given that you actually buy them?

(apologies for the cheeky post)

1for1

5. yennus

Thanks Redback for the offer. Unfortunately I wouldn't want to bring any counterfeit goods back home to Sydney with me. If you come to Shanghai, or have any friends that are here or passing by, I am more than willing to show the source of these.

Like I have done with another silverstacker member, if you are ever going to Shanghai, get in touch with me, I am happy to show you around, and you can see for yourself and take whatever photos you would like of these ASEs and other counterfeit coins.

Obviously the testimony and photographic evidence of two independent witnesses http://coins.about.com/od/goldrarecoininvesting/f/fake_coin_fraud.htm and myself are not sufficient evidence for some.

It's a free world, do your own homework and come to your own conclusions.

As stated in the first post:

Every now and then you get someone that believes there are no fake ASEs... someone recently posted this comment "I read all these posts about fake ASES, but I do not know of anyone that has actually seen one. The photo could easily be a photoshopped picture. Is that photo the only "evidence" of fake ASE?"

I've presented two pics, one from me and one from another - come to your own conclusions.

Peace out.

6. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I guess one just needs to go to ebay and decide for themselves

7. yennus

Hopefully this is a helpful link for those who go shopping on Ebay for Pandas:

http://www.livebusinesschat.com/smf/index.php?topic=4668.0

Someone else has done the hard homework for us.

Many thanks to Badon and Tamo42 and the rest at LiveBusinessChat.

But probably the best source of Panda stats is from PandaCollector (Peter Anthony). I subscribe to his Panda-pricepedia, and would recommend everyone to get a copy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* Fidelity Overseas Fund (FOSFX) - purple
    * NASDAQ Average - green
    * Brazilian Stock Index (BVSP) - blue
    * Crude Oil - black
    * Gold - yellow
    * Silver - grey
    * Chinese coins - red

8. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

the fake ase market is booming,
    will u take hand drawings as a fake?

9. yennus

No probs, come over to Shanghai and I'll be happy to show you where to fetch them. Wouldn't be the first stacker's member to see one.

As I said, the pics provided are real.

But I'm not willing to bring these fakes overseas. I don't ever deal with counterfeit goods.

10. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

Yennus

When you say F2F trade, what exactly do you mean? Your being in Shanghai and all. I mean if I buy a Panda from you as below, would I not think that it is F2F with you? But you are in China, can you help me to understand. Am I missing something?

Face2Face Terms:
    F2F possible at most Wednesday SilverStacker Meets in the Sydney CBD. (Please confirm your attendance and time before the day - otherwise your stuff will not be there)
    F2F possible at other times and locations, but if you cancel/no-show without 24hours notice, you will be required to use Platinum Express Post (or arrange to meet at the next SilverStackers Meeting). Please understand that petrol and parking, especially in the city is not cheap, not forgetting to mention the wasted time also. Thank you for your understanding.]
    Auction closes @ 11:34:00AM Friday 22/07/11 (Firm finish at 11:34:00AM Sydney Time)

11. yennus

My location is Sydney. There are many people I have dealt with F2F with, though I mainly meet with people in Strathfield. For other locations I have a relative that meets for me.

I travel a lot. Like some people may go into the city every couple of days or weeks, I often fly between the nations of SE Asia, East Africa and Australia.

If you're nice at the next f2f Wednesday Stackers meeting, I might be willing to show you my passport to prove my claim.

You can check with some of the people I have traded with, as to whether I have turned up to the Wednesday meetings and to the F2F meets.

12. silverbolt

silverbolt Member Silver Stacker

I've personally held a fake ASE, it didnt have COPY or REPLICA on it and the design looked pretty legit.

Put me down as a witness of fake ASE's.

For all of you that dont believe that there are fake ASE's out there, with all due respect, wake up!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Still wanting to buy a fake ASE
    Yennus get one for me if your still in China.
    Get me the best quality one thats available
    Payment however you choose
    Thanks REDBACK

Sorry missed your previous reply,mail it out from China if its easier :)

On a side note if you do want to bring it though Sydney airport,maybe you can make a cameo appearance on border patrol.
    Matrix and i will vouch for your integrity..maybe after the cavity search.
    :lol:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

Hey buddy Matrix and i will put in for the 24 hour wheel chair hire after the fact!!

OMG

15. yennus

That actually made me laugh :) ... definitely not keen on that cavity search.

Would actually pay not to have that experience.

TSA in the USA is bad enough as it is... *cough* "yes, that's real" *cough* "you can stop touching it now." *cough* "normally only my wife gets to touch me there."

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Your a good sport Yennus,sounds like your having the time of your life
    Good on ya mate
    Excellent Panda information
    Keep up the great work
    Take care
    REDBACK

17. yennus

Thanks Redback, much appreciated.
    Yeah, I'm really blessed. It's been the best few years of my life lately.

18. Blippy Whorebucks

Blippy Whorebucks Member

Yennus

After thoroughly searching through my luggage one time, the customs officer said to me "you know we may have to do a body search on you" - I then replied - "OK thats fine but I don't want you doing it, I want that female officer over there to do the search" He then says "No that cant happen that would be sexual harassment" I said "NO, Im not a homosexual and I would feel sexually harassed if you touched my nuts" - He let me go - try that next time

19. yennus

HAhahahahaha.... is that really a true story?

I might have a hard time explaining that one to the wife :)

20. Blippy Whorebucks

Blippy Whorebucks Member

100% true story yennus - It happened to me when I came back from Thailand awhile back. I had a bunch of snide PS games that I got over there for cheap, luckily they were for me and a few for friends and not for sale. That got me off the hook for buying fake games. But my point is not about getting a cheap feel from a female customs officer. Its more about civil liberties and just because I don't look like the standard traveller I get searched. I dont do suits on flights and always dress casually but that doesnt give customs the right to assume that you are some kind of drug dealer or smuggler. I have never been able to be in a good mood after a long flight and you have to line up at the checkpoint for ages while they ask you stupid questions like "How come you only went on holidays for 5 days?"

I'm sure you have been in the same situation - how fresh and happy can you look after spending 8 hours in the air sitting in crappy economy seats with a fat guy next to you and an even fatter guy on the other side? I may be assuming too much - ur prolly one of those who fly up front with the seats that turn into beds and get given champagne and a hot towelette - but I live with the sheep in economy.