Emirates Gold - Silver bars.............desirable item in Aus?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by glam, Apr 15, 2011.

1. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I've a penchant for UAE product, if your bringing some over, I'd be happy to take a 500g or maybe a key bar off your hands. As others have said, I won't be paying a premium though, its just a novelty to me.

Silver is silver, unfortunately as a newcomer on the block theyre not carrying the price tag of say a PAMP, Hereaus, Valcambi or other premium brand... yet.

I'm intrigued though it must be said.

2. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

I would pay spot for a 500 gram bar of those.

3. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

SPOT is for the 'nonpretty' ABC and Ainslie cast bars - and your offers to pay SPOT are lowball offers.

There is probably less than 10 1kg UAE silver bars in the whole country and you guys are offering SPOT for these bars.

It is the novelty, the penchant and the intrigue that demands a premium for the bar.

Dont sell for spot glam !! Unless you are happy to say goodbye to some riskfree equity.

:)

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Mate, they're kilo bars - not legal tender coins. Collectable potential is extremely limited - there's very few collectors of 1kg coins let alone bars.

10oz bars and smaller are far more to attract a collectors premium, particularly older stuff that's out of production, but not a presumably current production poured bar with limited recognition just because it's scarce in the country.