Election is over, now what for Gold?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by SilverDJ, Nov 9, 2016.

1. MetalHeart

MetalHeart New Member

The United States is only one part of the global economy. Lots of things around the world influence gold.

2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Reason says gold should go up due to uncertainly, for whats thats worth.

3. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

here's a six month chart of the aussie and he's not even in yet. should counterbalance short term negatives somewhat.

[​IMG]

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Yep, huge bummer.
    I was hoping to capitalise on the recent low PM prices, but the AUD drop has completely cancelled that.
    Is anyone in Oz trading PM's in USD?

5. Steel_Eyes

Steel_Eyes New Member

Gold is $1185 USD right now. It was $100 cheaper last year. That was your buying opportunity. Now? I dunno.
    I think we'll eventually see $900 gold if you wait long enough, but I was banking on that happening last year and never wanted to commit to even $1050.

Yeah, $1050 could be a decent price. I want to kick myself for not buying 4 ounces last Summer/Fall when it was that cheap and then selling half of it this August when spot was over $1300.

What I don't get is people that want to buy on an upswing of the price. If you're buying high and selling slightly higher, then that takes some amazing guess work. At that point, you're probably banking on a meager gain. You'd probably have an easier time shorting metals in the middle of all of the pointless price spikes, but, don't take my advice on paper trading anyway since I don't trade.

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever New Member

Ouch - I was "hoping" as you do that Gold had bottomed out @ $1620 AU because it is what I wanted :/

I am not selling for any reason that I can imagine today with Gold being the ultimate insurance,but I am "curious" on how much further it might fall :(

So saying that all I have to do is wait ;)

8. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

@betterlatethannever: If you sell in confidence then if you are wrong then you will mange to justify it to yourself as i will.
    The reasons i am selling are because i an CONFIDANT that my "guesses" will prove to be correct and i can get much more gold and silver than i already have by buying back in cheaper.
    And luckily if i am wrong then i can afford to be .
    It is a GAMBLE but i think i have better odds on this than say Arsenal Vs PSG:)

9. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever New Member

I have already done that back in 2011/12 and spent the $$$$$$$$$ having none to get back in at the bottom in between now and then.

So I am happy to hold today not wanting to get into the same position as before and to be tempted to spend the $$$$$$ but fortunately I don't need the $$$$$$$ today.

So instead of picking the top as I did before (because I can read) and selling I will hold strapping my Gold to the next rocket which "should be" the biggest in history with the debt at record levels especially including Australians leading the world in debt :lol:

When the bubble bursts this time it will be humongous :lol: with plenty to see and talk about forsure :cool: