Election is over, now what for Gold?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by SilverDJ, Nov 9, 2016.

1. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

As predicted, gold jumped up on the Trump victory due to the unknown this brings. But within an hour of his victory speech gold is settling back down.
    [​IMG]

So is this a temporary buying opportunity?

2. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

I figure a day or so for him to catch up with his sleep and then he will start talking about stuff and making the markets nervous. By the end of the week we should start to get an idea about how things will go.

3. SilverDJ

That's what I'm thinking, Calm now, but more instability to come as he starts talking again. So maybe now is the time to buy?
    I see more upside than downside here.

4. Silverthorn

I'm already largely in so I'm not in a hurry to buy more right away. I'll be watching the aussie dollar in particularly. It could go either way but if Trump starts talking about China it call start to fall quite a bit.

[​IMG]

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't confuse what people say to get elected with what they say after they are elected.

6. Silverthorn

He has to deliver though. A lot of those states that swung his way will be looking for moves on trade to get jobs coming back.

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And that is his Achillies Heel, just as Obama's rhetoric on hope nobbled him.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

You have to be bullish on Gold now. Italian Referendum to leave the EU on the 4th of December will me massive too. Rose coloured glasses but I am very happy.

Here is a quote from the WSJ;

"Along with his comments about the dollar, Mr. Trump has expressed appreciation for the gold standard, and mused about reinstating a gold-backed currency. "Bringing back the gold standard would be very hard to do, but boy would it be wonderful. We'd have a standard on which to base our money," the Republican nominee told The Scene, a property of Conde Nast Entertainment."

Although you should never trust a politician.

9. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Golds back down to pre-election levels
    Trump victory a non event?

10. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am stunned. This makes zero sense to me.

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Not a lot, as with the share markets.

OC

12. SilverDJ

Unless gold has completely lost it's power as the safe haven currency, barring Mad Max.

13. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Overnight? No way.

Gold and stocks were so tightly correlated and fluctuating in line with Trumps election chances, not just for weeks - but MONTHS before the election. Now suddenly he's won and it's irrelevant? I'm not convinced.

14. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

I sold some gold and silver today and will continue to do so until a big change appears.
    March next year will see $1050 gold and $14 silver.
    Mark my words:)

15. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

People don't assume because gold returned to pre-election levels that all is back to normal.
    What happened yesterday in gold and the USD, what happened a week or so ago in the GBP/USD

MASSIVE short term moves, this is bigger and broader than the news. The volume of gold contract was MASSIVE compared to the norm, the volumes in the big gold producers what MASSIVE.

I don't know what direction they suggest but things are reverberating and it takes time

16. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australian Gold looks like it could be a maturing 5 year consolidation pattern to me. Yesterday we were less than $100 aud off historical highs. Not a bad looking chart imo

GOLD etf monthly
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_big_49.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

17. SteveS

SteveS Member

I think, when trying to forecast what a Trump presidency will mean for markets, we have to consider, not just what his policy agenda could bring about, but what the inevitable war against him waged by the Left, the political/establishment elites (in America and internationally), mouthy celebrities, social media and the MSM will do. I reckon the resistance that Obarmy faced from the Senate was nothing compared with what Trump faces.

THIS is the big issue, IMO.

18. Bigfella

Bigfella Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A spiritual aspect......Not my info just some a friend sent to me.

**An insider on Trump's victory and why it could be the best thing to have happened in a while**
    This is what a well-connected insider friend shared with me today:
    "Amazing things are happening here on earth, we got the Clinton/Bush machine out of the White House and exposed!
    Trump is simply a transitional person who is posing - and never had any intention of leading the country! He is well aware of the NESARA/GESARA Evolution. Look at the man, do you think he wants to work for Americans? No chance!! He is here to help bring in the New Republic of America and block the Clinton/Bush machine's further control. He will step aside soon, this has been planned for eons.
    I can't freaking believe we got the Clinton/Bush machine out of the White House!!!! This is HUGE for the evolution of earth's people. Seriously, this man does not want to work for you and me so please stop fretting and lowering your vibrational frequency. He was brave to do this piece for humanity and will receive so much friggin money that he will be happy forever swimming in his riches. Kind of like a pig in slop and happy as a clam. This is all about planetary freedom, and not the least bit about what's-his-name... Trump. So please don't judge or fight with others about your political beliefs & disbeliefs. Both candidates were an embarrassment for humanity, yet both were the perfect mirror to all that is wrong with the world today."

19. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

People who are not prepared to put THEIR NAME to their comments are not worth listening to and generally cowards or bullS##T artists.

EDIT: Not you Bigfella but the person from your quote:)

20. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Gold will likely hang sideways for several weeks as Trump fortunately has no power as of yet. That could change as we approach the closing of this year and the dreaded reality of Trump at the helm becomes ever more visceral.