Egypt Uprising...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversurfer2010, Feb 8, 2011.

1. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

Great clip. Here's hoping the military continue their "good citizen" approach.

Bit of a conspiracy that they didn't "support" their government, but instead stood by and idly watched as it was overthrown. They're the only ones who could've stopped it. For a while.

They would've known they'd be the only ones to fill the vacuum.

Not knowing their Generals, I don't know what their past intentions have been, before this sudden "mr nice guy" approach.

The soldiers out on the street are absolutely no indication of the attitude of those now running the country. A smiling, hugging soldier ... ordered to attack .... becomes a killing machine regardless of the morals of the situation.

I've read those generals have been big beneficiaries of $US for the past 30 years. Building that big war machine. What for?

2. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Egyptian military is made up largely of conscripts. The most plausible explanation for why the army didn't get involved in the uprising (apart from the fact that it isn't supposed to be the military's job to police its own citizens) is because the majority of their personnel actually wanted a regime change as well.

Its also quite probable that the smiling, hugging soldier won't turn into a killing machine because they'd be killing their friends and family and most of them are only there because they have to be, so the military would suffer mass desertions if that kind of order was given.

With a weakened military maybe Israel would then start getting ideas since it only took them six days to nick the Saini Peninsula off Egypt last time...

3. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

Big military in Egypt supports the same military industrial complex that supplies America itself.

They also get second and third rate technologies, and are a dumping ground for old stock.

It also justifies more aid to and military spending by Israel.

4. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

Thats a little out-dated dont you think?

Whatever you own you will be called on to use. Own a rifle and be prepared for violence to find you.

5. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

It does justify more aid and military spending by Israel, and since that is true, Israel is behind these revolutions.
    Israel had superior technology to their Arab neighbours and cousins ( Prophet Abraham is the father of both nations/races )
    since 1948, and the gap now is even larger.

When a few more Arab governments get toppled, Israel will claim, we have to do something , and they will decide for a preemptive attack,
    and capture the lands from the river of Nile to the river Euphrates ( Euphrates was already sorted out by their American pawns ).

but thats just me,...

6. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's why the "tank man" was able to turn back the Chinese Army tanks in the Tiananmen square massacre. The tank crew were all local soldiers.

The other soldiers who carried out the massacre were from outlying provinces and had no qualms about shooting up strangers. Maybe they even relished the thought of delivering some pay back to the Snooty nosed Beijing rich boys?

7. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

All that fighting ... looking for weapons of mass destruction ... look harder .... the Tigris Euphrates valley ... and one more river makes for a nice garden ;)

interesting reference in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu8JooPv0aY

8. Sickboy1031

Sickboy1031 New Member

:lol::lol:

Your Kidding right?

"It is more a subject of joy [than of regret] that we have so few of the desperate characters which compose modern regular armies. But it proves more forcibly the necessity of obliging every citizen to be a soldier; this was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free State. Where there is no oppression there can be no pauper hirelings." --Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe, 1813.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824.

and most importantly

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

9. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Like in Iraq and Afghanistan?

10. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

what u gonna do jelliot if we ever get invaded get out your slingshot ?.i like the swiss sytem where everyman does national service then takes their full weapons & pack home with them ..just in case .GUNS ARENT DANGEROUS PEOPLE ARE

11. Sickboy1031

Sickboy1031 New Member

perhaps he will twitter about it

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Just a gentle reminder that firearm chatter on Australian forums is subject to attention.

13. Sickboy1031

Sickboy1031 New Member

really? I didnt know that tell me more

14. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Suffice to say this is a precious metals forum, not a firearms forum, and members here value their privacy, which can be compromised by careless posts.

15. Sickboy1031

Sickboy1031 New Member

My apologies I didnt realise that was the case.

16. rml978

rml978 Member

I can't find the username: mubarak on this forum... i am sure he is here somewhere...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mubaraks-lastminute-rush-to-hide-his-billions-20110213-1as1c.html

If you can't be bothered clicking...

The former Egyptian president is accused of amassing as much as $64 billion during his 30 years in power. It is believed his wealth was tied up in foreign banks, investments, bullion and properties in London, New York, Paris and Beverly Hills.

''They can lose the homes and some of the bank accounts, but they will have wanted to get the gold bars and other investments to safe quarters.''

rml978

17. SparkySilver

SparkySilver New Member

Back in the mid 80's several Middle East countries purchased lots of gold... and their has been no know sell of to this date.

18. gin-kin

gin-kin New Member

Well, i'm sure Israel is very pleased the an arab country is unstable.
    And yes, i believe US would give Egypt some aid to help justify publicly the huge aid it gives to Israel.

If the egyptians just let mubarak leave and accept the next installed regime, then they have falied. THey need to cut ties with the controlling interests and criminal banksters aswell - i reckon they don't relize this tho.

19. SparkySilver

SparkySilver New Member

We now give about 1 billion every year. But we will likely give MORE.

20. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Speaking of slingshots, Joerg Spave is one of the most creative & prolific designers around. His youtube channel is full of win.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5dpQI8_RHo[/youtube]