Does anyone think the Canadian Wildlife Series interest is waning?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by upandaway, Apr 30, 2012.

1. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

imo.. the RCM screwed up big time...

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, why would people pay premiums for an item thats premium will get destroyed by mixamatosis when it develops.. but agree the moose is an ok buy if you were going to buy Maples instead.. id actually consider the ASE 2012 cos it least that wont get infected so yeah weight up more limited vs unc without small pox.

Or just get of the other great options that milk spots wont effect

Taku, Brittania, Buffalo, Kook 92, 11 or 12, koala, armenia, somalia, libertad 2012, 82, 83, 84, ASE's, dragon round, Panda (if you dont mind premiums), scottsdale, lunar drag w/ loin privy,

Phillies and Silver Ferns are also subject to milk spots - also first majestic bullion (made in canada).. also the CMC (canada).. so may pay to avoid.

1for1

3. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

like the coins but have steered away from them because of the white spots just doesn't look good.

4. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I will saw it in a few days. Im thinking in make a ncs/ngc but is expensive (26,50 for coin plus shippings). But if i make it in a few years i think i will have the only wildlife coins without milk spots
    :)

5. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

Just checked my RCM coins, which I purchased a couple of months ago, and one of the Moose's is developing some serious milk spots/a rash :(

What I'm struggling with is; if milk spots are a result of impurities leaching from the coin and then reacting with the air, and these coins are allegedly .9999 pure silver, how can .0001 of impurities cause such big and widespread spots?

My maths may be wrong, I have been drinking and will continue to do so :) :

Coin weighs 31.1gr, so .0001 of this is .00311gr of impurities, not all of which will be harmful to the appearance of the coin.

6. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

was going to say drinking at 5am maybe you need to post in the anonymous thread :) then i read you are in the UK , so guess its wasn't 5am .

makes you wonder hey what goes on with those CM coins, i don't know why sure someone with more experience than me may shed some light on the subject?

7. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

I must be lucky or lying but I havent come across any RCM products with spots yet.I have quite a few that I bought on e bay and no problems.I am lucky in that the wolf 1ozs and 1/2 ozs that I bought were mostly in the origional plastic sheets.Has anyone heard of milkspots on the coins in plastic?or is it just those in the rolls with the problem?

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

half oz wolf, infected, still in RCM sheet.