Condition of Scottsdale Kilo Stackers

Discussion in 'Silver' started by EJAM5, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Well one thing I can tell is they did'nt come from the Pelican. Bought some bulk bars of him a while back and he said there was some scratches and marks on one.

Well if thats damage I'll go he. Silvers silver. Dont buy silver for looks,I can understand on 1ozs but not on larger bars! :cool:

2. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I'm not interested in who sold them either.

What concerns me is that the Scottsdale Kilo stackers are - in my opinion the pretty boys of the key bar market. I was tossing up between them and Ainslies, I'm likely to go for some good old rough stuff now after reading about this. If I'm buying pretty premium bars, they'd better come in the condition I expect.

All pieces I have received from dealers here have been absolutely pristine, and borderline obsessive-compulsive care has been taken in one case - however I think the premiums are all relative to the condition of the product.

Last week I was looking at a 5oz gold rough bar from a private client wanting to sell back to me - he was extremely annoyed when I told him I would offer him spot. When I explained that it was due to the giant 'hammer mark' which had suddenly appeared, he did not take this as a valid reason.

Gold is gold, and silver is silver - but to attract the proper premiums - even bullion needs to be up to par. Thats why I only trust rough poured bars and don't really go for premium stuff apart from the odd character piece.