Chinese Medals.COM

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Jul 21, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

Well, after a long wait, we are finally going to open our website chinesemedals.com I say 'we', because Andy and I have made it a labor of love. It is not perfect. I'm sure it will evolve. I know it will. :D We are new to this. We love this hobby called collecting, so we thought, why not fill a need by offering medals from China, and around the world, QUICKLY. :p

We'll also carry coins from the Perth Mint, and other mints, HOWEVER, it will be primarily focused on Chinese Medals. We are involved with some of the series from China, such as the Panda Lunar Series, Nanjing Panda Series, World Heritage Series, and there will be other series coming out down the road, which we are very excited about. Our first passion is collecting, and from there we want to share with you what we are storing in our treasure box.

Andy and I are looking forward to working together as partners. We felt this was a good strategy because from a logistical shipping perspective, I can cover N.A., and he can cover Europe and Asia and other international locations. We will effectively have 2 warehouses. Our goal is to get product in your hands quickly, at reasonable prices. Some will be priced better than others when compared to eBay. However, you can always email us with questions and thoughts too.

We will carry a lot of different medals (some coins) from China. If there is something you want, but it's not on our website, feel free to ask, and we will hunt it down for you. We have some connections in China who can help us. Also, our goal is to carry as many graded medals as possible.

We look forward to serving you, answering questions, and providing quality products, QUICKLY! Now there may be occasions, where we don't have inventory here in the U.S., and it will need to come from Singapore or China, and shipping fees may apply. Also, from U.S. to overseas, shipping fee will apply (we don't ship to all countries, unfortunately). In that case, it will obviously take little longer to get product in your hands. But in most cases, U.S. customers can count on 3-4 days, from order to your hands.

Last, we will have a few low priced items on the website tomorrow morning (9AM EST). One example is a PF69 Panda Goat for $219.00. We know those are going for well over 350.00.

Have a great day. And thanks for all the support (you know who you are!!). Andy & Bob.

www.chinesemedals.com

2. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Congrats on the site launch. Wish you success!! :)

3. barsenault

Thanks my shmorgan! Really appreciate it. All the best to you too. :)

4. sgcoins

sgcoins Member

Congratulations on your website (it's only not working on my computer yet)
    I will have a look at it soon !!!

5. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Thanks, Andrew & b!

Definitely helping to meet market demand with all this. Much needed & long overdue, IMO.

I've worked with / tried to work with a few sellers located in China, and it wasn't always easy for various reasons.

I've also dealt with both Andrew & b individually in the past, and they certainly put in a lot of time & effort to make things happen.

Looking forward to doing more business with them! :D

6. Jens

Jens New Member

Good luck, i will definitely give your shop a try!

7. barsenault

Please note, the website will be open for business tomorrow morning at 9AM eastern standard time. Sorry for the confusion. Andy is still loading medals on to the site. He has a slew of them. lol.

Thanks for all the support! We appreciate it.

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Congrats Bob and Andy! I also hope this site gains momentum and is a success in the upcoming months and years. The domain name is killer...how you got so lucky I will never know.

I for one will probably shop with you because on a number of occasions I have had delivery problems with coins shipped from overseas. The fact that you are shipping from the U.S. is a huge benefit and relief to me as shipping costs are reduced, shipping times are reduced, package tracking actually becomes more than crossing my fingers with a wish and a prayer as it is with foreign shipping, and so on and so forth.

It will be a plus for me any way I look at it to shop with you for many of my collector coins / medals pursuits.

9. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Mmissing Thank's for the support.

We try to keep stock at Singapore and USA so shipping will be more easy and faster.

We will partner with 1 silver 1 who has physical coin shop at Singapore. All their products will be available for us too. They are new Zealand and Perth Mints distributor.

Cheers

10. GeeWhiz

GeeWhiz Member

Been watching MCC & M forums while gathering respect interest rapidly in all these crazy medals. I wish you both the best in this business venture.
    Looking forward to being able to buy some of these artworks from a source i know will have integrity written all over it. You guys are seriously going
    to excel in this as you both passionate. Hold on for the ride. Good Luck!

11. mmissinglink

I visited the site today....a blank page loaded....maybe I'm too early?

12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

9am tomorrow. What time is it in the states?

13. andrewlee10

It is up now.

14. mkv

mkv Member

We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items. =((
    No shipping to Australia, apparently

15. andrewlee10

There is no automatic calculation at this moment due to various items in different location.

To be simple, the policy did state you can buy it but not pay. Send an email and check the shipping fee which reply within 24 hours.

Small items except the world heritage, mammoth and 5 oz silver panda shipping is around usd 18 for 2 oz slab or coin. Additional pieces just add 12. Hope this information is helpful.

If item in usa and ship usa except big items shipping is free of charge.!

16. o-to

o-to Member

Congratulations on this great new website! Working for me now :)

What a great domain name. Wish you the best ;)

17. Chubbsng

Chubbsng Member Silver Stacker

Some very cool coins there, well done.

18. barsenault

Hello everyone. Thanks for the positive feedback. Please do keep in mind this is a work in progress for us. :). If you have any questions do not hesitate to PM us or email is. We need to figure out the shiping piece. If the product is here in the U.S. And you are ordering in the U.S., shipping is free. :)) I think Andy is working out terms on website. international shipping fees will apply. Thanks for your patience as we figure this out.

19. andrewlee10

Dear all,

2 Panda goat PF69 sold to member here. We might got 1 pieces left. Currently the webpage is put out of stock. We need to do a stock count to update.

I have fix some of the shipping issues which customer inform that no shipping fee can be done and payment.

Please email us if you still encounter this issue and we will fix it for you as soon as possible. Email Both of us.

20. mmissinglink

Free shipping in US is nice music to my ears!

I just favorited ChineseMedals in my web browser....the layout of the home page is nice (simple, clean, and elegant).