Chinese Medals.COM

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Jul 21, 2015.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

2. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

3. Gatito Bandito

Also, not sure how complicated this would be to implement, but would be cool if at some point there was a "Notify Me" button / feature for out-of-stock items.

Definitely would help both parties.

Thanks!

4. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Congratulations to barsenault and andrewlee10 on the successful launch of chinesemedals.com. Best of wishes and good-luck!

5. Taz03

Taz03 Member

Congrats on the successful launch of the new business, guys! I hope that it will grow more and more successful each year.

I have made purchase from Andy in the past, and he is a great guy to deal with; very knowledgeable and honest. I definitely look forward for my next purchase (read: the panda/monkey medals).

6. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. andrewlee10

Keke Bob and me is not tech person. Need to solve it out and I am going to check with my friend of the search engine in August too since he is running an online mattress, home decoration and renovation webpage.

8. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm writing this a little bit later than I wanted, but so much more from the heart... ;)

Congratulations for the site!!!!! Both of you are partially guilty that I started to collect Chinese medals. Actually I think, Bob, that your Shanghai ghetto or Wutai (?) (the one holding sword on the other side) was first time I was introduced to awesomeness from "far East".
    With Andy I made also some business and it was perfect (except for my shitty budget that I didn't order more...:)).

And as smbdy said before, you were really lucky with getting this url.

I hope this will bring a little bit more "transparency" into this, as well as to "enlighten" way for the others, especially newcomers. Sometimes there were some difficulties with ordering from different countries, as well as on eBay you need to be careful with fakes, etc.

One suggestion, if I may... would be really nice that when you zoom in picture, that you can go to next one by clicking on some arrow, or moving with keyboards.

Otherwise keep up doing the great work and making all the "I want to have this now" videos. I already blame you both for my minus... :p

Good luck!

9. andrewlee10

Hi Stark,

I am really "Guilty" to make you pick up this expansive hobby. How about buying brass slab matter ;) Take a peep of the 50 mm mammoth. Noone has try to send in the 90 mm till now. :p

10. JDMseaweed

JDMseaweed Member

Congratulations brother!!

shall be in touch soon for my next panda purchases =]

11. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for the overwhelming support. We really appreciate it. Our simple goal is to provide another choice. We are already sorting out how to manage all parts of the world regarding shipping, and where the product ships from. Not an easy task. LOL. Here in the states, shipping is pretty cheap, hence why shipping is free no matter the weight. Whereas to go from the states to anywhere else in the world (minus Canada) the charge is pretty much an 'arm and a leg.' Thanks for bearing with us as we continue to make it easier for you to order. All the best to everyone. Bob & Andy.

12. andrewlee10

one last Panda goat NGC PF69 at promotion price USD288 inclusive shipping, Please note an unnoticed black spot on head of panda. Photo as requested. The black spot due to the blasting process of manufacturing BUT it still grade as PF69 by NGC which show good quality.

Promotion on Nanjing brass and cooper antique panda at good bargain to raise cash for stock for the webpage and coming panda monkey.

13. Gatito Bandito

14. mmissinglink

I believe you are correct but I'm no expert. I hope to be getting my Ag 2014 Great Wall medal back from NGC in a couple of months....I use registered mail....the USPS is so sloooooooooooooow but they are much more convenient for me to use.

15. andrewlee10

Beijing Palace is NO 1. Shenyang is no 2 and Great wall is 3.

It does stated clearly in the small booklet of the medal.

As usual NGC label wrongly again for the year 2014 for Great wall and 2015 for Shenyang. This cause the confusion and misleading.

Bob and me have sent 4 great wall and 4 Shenyang to NGC grading. Wrong label again and He will ask them to correct it.

16. andrewlee10

http://chinesemedals.com/products/2002-lunar-series-horse-brass-pf68

NGC label this as Lunar Series which I graded directly in China. My counterpart does not read it and send all to me. It is for China Famous Painter 100th Anniv Xu BeiHong as stated in the box. it will cost another 5 buck to get NGC to correct the label. This will increase cost and pass to customer. Therefore we decide to leave it.

17. mmissinglink

So the Great Wall should be labelled 2014 or 2015?

And I like that you and Bob are putting up the correct descriptions on ChineseMedals.com in spite of the fact that a TPG label has it incorrectly.

18. andrewlee10

2015 for Great wall. Bob will call NGC to correct the brass label as I heard from him. Luckily it is yet to ship to us.

19. mmissinglink

Thanks for your response Andy...I will need to contact NGC today to let them know if they can put 2015 on the label on my Great Wall medal. On the submission form, I noted "2014".

20. andrewlee10

They need refer to the small booklet and the box. It is clearly stated In Mandarin.