Carbon Tax just the start... Proposed recycling levy next.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by wrcmad, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

"one of the most potent neurotoxins known to man added to all bottled water in Australia. Fluorine. "

How can you expect anyone to take your views seriously.Are you just a troll?
    Bad for your "precious natural bodily fluids"
    Eh?
    I was against you expressing your extreme right wing ratbag views on a precious metal forum,but I suppose they
    have an opposite effect to what you expect.

2. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Coca Cola doesn't tell anyone what they put in Coke.

What makes you think they'd never secretly add something to their bottled water products?

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice personal attack. Read the forum rules.

4. Shaddam IV

Where did I write that?

5. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Actually Woolies has two types of Fluoride-free toothpaste generally available, you might have to get on your hands and knees and look for them though. They're usually on the lowest shelf behind a pylon.

And if you buy a water distiller you can produce your own clean water quite cheaply. Certainly cheaper than buying fluoridated crap in plastic bottles.

I've tried telling the mother in law that even if Fluoride was good for avoiding children's cavities, she's not a child and has dentures so really shouldn't take the medication. But of course she is medicated, apathetic and unable to judge things critically. ... a lot like those people with the 21 garbage bins in the video.

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

The Greens are the most concentrated collection of morons ".

"The abject stupidity of the Greens knows no bounds'

"Stupid idea that will be a pain in the arse to those that have to collect the "tax". Stupid idiots that come up with such an idea"

7. Shaddam IV

At least you got quotes right this time. I guess the extreme left views expressed in this thread are OK with you because they are acceptable to your world view.

8. Big A.D.

This is actually worth taking note of: you can legally purchase, own and operate a still in order to be able to distill water.

By sheer coincidence, all the equipment you need to distill water can be used to distill alcohol too.

I'm a fan of reflux stills myself...

9. Shaddam IV

To get back to recycling topic: Time will tell whether this proposal is acceptable to Australians. If Australians agree with policies such as this from Labor and the Greens they will vote them back in.

10. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

You didn't.There's a famous old movie,with Peter Sellers,where an anti-fluoride general starts
    a nuclear war.It's very funny.

11. Shaddam IV

It would be a great way for people to blow themselves up. I wonder how many people have tried making moonshine with water distillation setups?

12. Big A.D.

Uh, no, Australians are pretty much behind this one already.

Some of us have already been using this system for decades and have clear, empirical evidence that it works very well.

Whether Labor and the Greens get voted back in is another matter entirely and good policy is good policy regardless of which party happens to be in government.

13. Big A.D.

*cough*

Sorry, just clearing my throat.

:D

14. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

What are your views on flying saucers?
    The sun just emitted a solar flare,on of the biggest ever recorded.

15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

@Big AD as usual and JulieW

Then its obviously a pointless exercise. Just like aluminium cans. Did you know if you collect enough of them and take them to a scrap dealer, you will actually make money !!!! (Lot of sarcasm intended). If the majority of consumers dont consider it qorthwhile to return or collect cans and bottles in SA, and a few people actually make a profit from doing so - presumably because they have the time to do it - doesnt it suggest that as a strategy to force consumers to alter their spending habits and manufacturers to change their product line, then it's a conplete waste of time????

Hey here's an idea. Instead of the Greens and Get Up and Greenpiss an the Labor Party continuing to stymue production, why don't they start manufacturing their own products instead of forcing companies to adopr their daft business straregies? Shit, if its such a good idea and if consumers are really all in favour of it then its a goldmine waiting to be utilised.

It was Ayn Rand who said something about when there are more laws in the land governing what can be produced than actual products made then you know you're up the shit.

16. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

"one of the most potent neurotoxins known to man added to all bottled water in Australia. Fluorine. "

Sorry Jonsey,but your views are very unusual.
    If your serious.

17. Shaddam IV

It is no doubt good policy, I can only speak for myself when I say that I would prefer no policy rather than a good policy badly implemented. Unfortunately this government has a history of messing up the implementation of each of the few good policies that they have attempted, they backfire on the taxpayer because the government botches them through bad planning, rushing and poor management. I think that Australians are so gun shy of any policy from the Gillard/Greens government now that we just want them to take their hands off the controls and stop trashing things due to ineptitude. Yes, a recycling charge and refund system is a good idea. Having this government, with it's track record of blunders setting up such a system? Sorry, I feel another Pink Batt Set Top Box School Carpet Live Cattle Export episode coming on.

18. Big A.D.

For the record, I co-own a beverage producing company.

We take responsibility for everything that has our company name and logo on it as a matter of course, whether its a press release or a sales rep wearing a company uniform or a bottle containing our product.

19. Shaddam IV

That's the nicest thing that you have said to me in ages :D Just relax and think of me as a kind of entertainment that you can shake your head and have a laugh with your mates about.

I may have not expressed myself very clearly, but it is true that in 2009 there was a big push to fluoridate bottled water here, it got through partially in that now water bottlers are allowed to legally add sodium fluoride if they wish and use it as a marketing exercise: "With add ed Fluoride for your children's teeth". If nothing else I regard it as dangerous in that parents have no way of adding up the cumulative dose from such waters, tap water, tooth paste, fluoride tablets at school and natural fluoride in food. It is a very toxic substance, it isn't wise to be blase about how much you expose a child to.

20. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A. Because the current Govt. is incompetent on every economic level, including running a business, let alone running an economy.

B. Because it's easier to let private capital take on start-up risk, then tax the crap out of them at every level, risk-free.

C. Because, should they miraculously succeed in a start up venture, it would be sold ASAP in an attempt to plug the deficit, then they would resort to (B).

D. There would be a major conflict of interest in the business owners bending over for their union buddies.

E. All of the above.