Calls Of A Silver Shortage Often Misleading

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Northerncoins, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

This from the Perth Mint Bullion blog.

What I find more interesting is what looks like milk spots on the "blanks"...

[​IMG]

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/us/...-Aug-Bul-NL2-ROW-vB&utm_content=Feat_1_Link_1
    Source:

2. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

I want to stack blanks, they look better than coins :)

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I'll trade you 1 for 1 (by weight) blanks for popular unc proof coins any day. :p

4. randomname

randomname Member

re: perth mint's bullion blog about no looming shortage.

sorry, i ain't buying it.

so they concede there has been an increase in demand of coins to the point where the production has been considerably strained. good, at least they admit that. but why only coins? are they telling us that only coins have spiked in demand and nothing else? what about bullion bars - has buying picked up on that too? information out there suggests that it has.

and with existing mine supplies and available inventory, more of that stock has had to be allocated to coin production which means less for others uses, right? and when someone rocks up and wants to buy coins and are told they cannot, would many of those buyers turn to other products such as bullion bars? i suggest that they would.

to understand what is going on in the PM market you need to look around at all data in order to form an objective opinion/analysis. more on that later.

the information provided by various traders and bullion dealers around the world suggest that there has been an big increase in interest and subsequent buying of PMs, both coins and bullion bars. the sales figures of coins (which have rocketed and been suspended) is proof of that. even looking at internet chatter and new members at precious metals forums tells us that people are selling out of paper of all kinds and buying physical. and yet we are told that this is just a production hold-up!?!?!?!? even some bullion bars in the USA need 1-8 weeks for delivery. add to that the plunging and uncertainty of stock markets globally, the spike in PM bashing comments everywhere coinciding perfectly with the stock market falls, and you can start to piece it together.

i call bullish*t. there already is strain on PM supply. not just in coin production.

now back to the objective opinion/analysis. i used to visit the opinion section of the perth mint website. around 5-7 months ago they stopped providing links to alternate media articles - they now have only 100% mainstream media articles, e.g.: bloomberg, wall street journal, telegraph, sydney morning herald etc. which push the typical banker/media/government propaganda rubbish. why did they make this change? was it done voluntarily or did the banking cartel force them to? that fact alone tells me that i need to treat anything the perth mint says with a healthy dose of skepticism.

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

On which planet?

6. This silver shortage BS is only for the most gullible newbies with fantasies of getting rich quick with silver.
    It's utter crap, got it?
    Good. :)

7. randomname

randomname Member

on the planet where there is no mainstream media. on the planet where there are no cleverly hidden people inserted into the alternate media who use various methods to spread misinformation and subtly and not so subtly denigrate PM ownership (when you observe long enough you will see). on the planet where people respond with factual and informative comments rather than the common strategy of "which planet are you from?" or "your thoughts are only for gullible newbies". nobody bothered to respond to any of the irregularities i noted.

humans are well known for only seeing things right in front of them, and often only after it has happened. and also being led astray. putting some evidence available to them today together and foreseeing a likely future outcome is often difficult/impossible. sadly our corrupted system actually trains us to be this way because the people who manipulate the system profit immensely from keeping people ignorant and short sighted.

in any case i truly wish you all the best outcome for your thoughts on where the PM market is heading. quick, sell now because it going down and there are billion of ounces of pet rocks that nobody wants. unlike many of the complainers here and elsewhere about their "terrible" decision to invest in PMs, we are all adults and ultimately we will (should) accept responsibility for our investment decisions no matter what the outcome. the genuine stackers who have (temporarily) lost on dollar value of their PM holdings should stand strong, as the drop has been cleverly engineered to make them give up. an ounce will always be an ounce - a dollar will always depreciate to zero. a deep understanding of how the system really works should give them strength. there is a sinister reason why they suppress price and demonise to keep people out of PMs and in paper currency.

8. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

Um, sorry, where did I say there wasn't a looming shortage, I was merely talking about current situation. I said "While previous bouts of shortages have been temporary, don't be complacent. It is possible that a temporary liquidity squeeze in the wholesale markets could turn into a gold bank run which can then turn into a price squeeze. It is important to keep your gold close or stored with non-banks, like The Perth Mint, who don't engage in fractional reserve banking activities or lending your gold out." http://research.perthmint.com.au/20...ing-a-real-shortage-from-a-capacity-shortage/

I assume you are talking about the feeds here http://www.perthmintbullion.com/au/News-Reports.aspx That is just some automated feed, I think from google, filtering on precious metal keywords. We have never personally curated it or changed anything and the algo behind it probably is based on popularity so as gold has been reported on in the mainstream media, google shows those links and I think when the mainstream media loses interest the alternative articles will appear again as the top ranked articles.

Your "banking cartel called the Perth Mint" theory is laughable, I like to know exactly how you think that works. Is some bank the leader and they call us, and who do they call, our CEO or do they call Colin Barnett to tell us to change some news feed on one part of our bullion site, because you know, it is so influential in affecting investor sentiment and gold prices. BTW, how does that fit in with what I write on the Research section where I refer to central banks critically (eg http://research.perthmint.com.au/2015/07/07/conspiracy-complacency-and-the-death-spiral-phase/, http://research.perthmint.com.au/2015/05/19/today-war-on-cash-tomorrow-war-on-gold/ or http://research.perthmint.com.au/2015/07/29/gold-market-liquidity-and-manipulation/) and why haven't I been told to shut up. And shouldn't I have also been told to shut up on my personal blog, which I can bore you with links to critical articles, but for example why was I allowed to write a series of post deconstructing fractional reserve bullion banking http://goldchat.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Fractional reserve bullion banking

9. wrcmad

Oh, you mean a factual and informative comment like this random unsubstantiated opinion?:
    Or do you mean something like this bit of creative and disjointed hypothetical logic, attempting to parade as proof?:
    The rest of your post can near-enough be referenced to zero-hedge which, BTW, you may consider "alternate media", but many consider fanciful propaganda. :)

10. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

All I can suggest to randomname is to contact the Perth Mint or Australian Bullion Company and ask them how big a contract could they fill right now if you have the money to purchase, then detail his discoveries on this post.
    I think he will find that the paper/physical argument is very weak as there is probably an awful lot available at this point in time. In fact for a big enough order, there are further discounts available.

11. randomname

randomname Member

you must dig hard to find the truth. not only is it well hidden but also there is a dearth of deliberate and inadvertent misinformation out there. key players want to keep you out of physical PMs.

now if memory serves me well from a previous comment wrcmad is supposedly deeply involved in the paper PM trade, short selling etc. or was it another frequent commenter here (j-p-shmorgan)?? in any case he/she is supposedly deeply involved in physical PMs. i find that to be an astounding comment from someone who "knows so much" about PMs.

if there is plenty of gold and silver, why do they need to fudge the figures?

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/7115/comex-delivery-charade

they need to fudge the figures because something is VERY wrong with them. if i did my accounting like that i would be charged with fraud.

so either there is little physical left and/or they need to do this to suppress price.

be careful with information you are given. research and find your own conclusions.

12. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

14. randomname

randomname Member

that was a subtle way to discredit what he said about tightening supply. clever.

15. Miloman

Actually, I don't know if supply is tightening or not.

However I do not enough to know that there is that conflict of interest that cannot be overcome.

Also some of us have been around longer than other and this kind of rhetoric is nothing new.

Disclaimer:
    I own 3 whole ounces of silver.

16. wrcmad

:lol:

While your indirect insinuation that I am somehow a "key player" is actually quite flattering, the idiocy of that suggestion pales in comparison to the utter disregard you showed for a credible member like bron.
    You, my friend, in less than 28 posts, have proved yourself to be a clueless, and quite gullible cretin.
    It is very easy to see that you don't at all dig for the truth, but allow yourself to be deluded by the enchantment and romance of conspiracy. ;)
    I have never professed to "know so much",... I just simply work with the evidence at hand.
    As for my sig .. Ironically, it can be credited to a respectable and long-standing SS member, who was actually a respondent to this very thread.

PS. I'd love to know exactly what it means to be "deeply involved in the paper PM trade".

:lol:

17. randomname

randomname Member

i'm not here to make online pals.

uh... i wasn't referring to you as a key player. sorry. i was talking about politicians, media and bankers whose job it is to deceive the people, and who use people on forums to do their dirty work of conning the people.

as for bron, he is NOT autonomous. he takes directions from somebody. in his case i believe it is the WA and/or federal governments. now how do you think it would go down if bron or another in the industry started to speak truths about gold and silver? not too well i suspect. but wait... there's more...

if ANBODY ANYWHERE who is in a position of power upsets the crime syndicate, guess what happens to them, their careers, and/or their families? bron would never say anything like that (and i understand) so it is left to nobody's like me who are not in prominent positions and who are not at huge risk of such disciplinary measures.

but as per usual the real issue has been cleverly sidestepped... people out there have shown IRREFUTABLE evidence of the whole precious metals FRAUD, and you are busy avoiding that and calling people gullible cretins. WHY HAS NOBODY COMMENTED ON THAT? HMMMMMNNN?

why has nobody asked mind-numbingly simple question of "why do they need to insert bogus figures into reports"?

why has nobody given the mind-numbingly simple answers such as 1) "they don't have the gold and silver they claim they have" (if the COMEX cannot get/have enough gold that they claim they have isn't that a big sign that something is wrong?), and 2) "they use bogus figures for the purpose of manipulating the market"

anyone who does not ask that question and provide those possible answers i say is a shill for the banking crime syndicate.

oh... i'm a conspiracy theorist. rrrrrrrriight. i know your MO very well...

How the "Conspiracy Theory" label was conceived to derail the Truth Movement.
    http://themillenniumreport.com/2015...theory-label-to-shut-down-the-truth-movement/

you sir, IMO, are a shill for the bankers or other related parties. or completely blind. you choose. i don't care.

18. Miloman

randomname,

Not a bad retort and you're only going to improve. Stick around.

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Congrats on finally obtaining your third!

Will you be working on #4?

Between you & me, I'm still on two..

There's a good reason why I always use seller photos in my posts here. :(