Calling the Next Long Term Bull Trend

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Sian Marie, Oct 20, 2014.

1. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Tienanmen was a long time ago, but the recent US police militarisation has been disturbing. I don't think China is overly interested in forcing global domination, they are patient enough for it to happen through genetics over generations and through economics by catering to materialist cultures. The art of war is to win without fighting.

I'm not keen on any of the major powers, but I think the US can't keep up this game for long. Adapt to survive. The UK saw the writing on the wall when it's empire started to crumble, and it managed to stay relevant.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Presidents in the US today and for the past 100 years or so are by-and-large, figureheads. The decisions they make are generally those that either Wall Street or giant corporations want, the political party the sitting president is affiliated wants, or powerful special interests want (ie., powerful PACS and unions). The president, whether Dem or Rep is there mostly for public consumption and to give the appearance of legitimacy to the whims of those who really are in control (Wall Street, etc). Yes, on some social issue policies the president may actually have his own say even if it differs from his party or the elite and powerful, but on matter such as major spending/aide, foreign policy, and trade agreements as just a few examples, what the president may want is inconsequential to what is demanded by the groups who hold the strings tied to the president's lips, tongue, and signing hand.

3. Sian Marie

Sian Marie New Member

Suffice it to say we are living in a global oligarchy and national sovereignty is an illusion.

4. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

you sure are inserting alot of bias into your argument here

i kept my personal political sentiments out for the most part (to claim me as a warhawk is funny)

we swapped to fiat courtesy of nixon because (he and others claimed) speculators were ruining US currency

as for your summation of the middle east and american politics, remember hind sight is 20/20.

we didnt destabilize the region, we took advantage of it. maybe perhaps you see an increase in terror attacks is because of increased globalization? as economies become intertwined and our influence spread (since america is the worlds largest economy) it would make sense that western, especially american targets, would be attacked more often

i think your own bias is clouting your ability to remain objective on this topic (as if the bush and reagan admin is any more or less corrupt than obama or clintons or bush jr. (i am assuming you were referring to bush sr.))

lol, fact is the middle east sucks because.....well, its the middle east :)

5. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

What? presidents today have more power than ever because since FDR they have been influencing international relations via foreign policy/trade policy

congress before hand traditionally had to vote on, and impose agreed upon tariffs/sanctions/what have you against a specific country (not industry, market, region, but specific country). we all nkow how long congress takes to do anything