Buzz Question

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by SilverPanda, Oct 3, 2017.

1. SilverPanda

SilverPanda Active Member

Hi everyone,

I just have a question regarding the courtesy (or general code of conduct in the forum) behind a buzz.

If there is a PM stating a "buzz" if mint which comes before a thread unconditional buzz, which one takes precedent?

Of course, the seller has the right to sell to whomever they want. But I'm just curious as to the code.

Best
    SilverPanda

2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

first in, best dress... so if someone buzz with condition, he/she takes precedent until seller clarifies the situation... however, when someone is not responding within 24 hours, then the next buzzer should hv the chance to get the item(s)..
    that's my understanding...

bordsilver likes this.
  3. Radio8tiv

Radio8tiv Active Member

It does make it difficult with PM buzz for others to know when the buzz came in, I have sold before and received a PM buzz before updating the thread and getting a buzz there too. But I would say that is a simple case of whoever made the first buzz wins the prize.

4. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Aleays goes to the first Buzz and some people prefer the privacy of a pm buzz so you must respect that...

Welcome to stackers btw good to see you asking questions however next time take alook at the other sections to post as this is the sales section when should be in questions...

Its not an issue for now but for future reference i tell you...

Best of luck abd Happy Stacking

Groges and Silverling like this.
  5. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would have preferred you question my forum conduct and perceived lack of courtesy in a less public forum, however, I don't believe for a second that asking a question to clarify a purchase should nullify a "buzz"

You have been buying on this forum since 2015 so you should know that I value my integrity. If you had been first, I would have sold them to you.

Cheers

GF

Groges likes this.
  6. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

First to buzz gets the goods, and that includes both PM and in thread

Conditional buzz is usually because the seller hasn't actually clarified the condition, so the buyer wants to make sure their good before going ahead with the purchase, but by buzzing first they get first choice

7. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's how I understood it to be too.

Thank you.

8. SilverPanda

SilverPanda Active Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses, it's good to have a close knit community that helps each other out.

As stated on the thread, this was meant as a clarification on the buzz etiquette, nothing more.

Again, thank you everyone for your inputs.

Cheers
    SilverPanda

SilvaMozzie likes this.
  9. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

I believe the seller should state if they will take a PM buzz or not. The "PM buzz" is a price stacking mechanism in my opinion.. When I used to sell I would specify "buzz in thread only". I would also take an unconditional "buzz" over a "buzz pending". Too much dicking around for all parties otherwise.

Groges likes this.
  10. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

Have to agree with this. I am only a small user of this forum compared to others but have recently been very frustrated to find my "1st post buzz being beaten by a pm buzz."

I was very excited to find this forum but the lack of transparency largely puts me off buying anything and sticking just to observing and some limited convo.

11. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1 why ask the quest here ?
    There is a questions thread
    2 This question has been done to death
    It's not a perfect system but it "used" to work
    As I've said before
    BUZZ = I'LL take it NO QUESTIONS ASKED
    Conditional buzz = BS to me anyway

Belvedere, brisbane-coins and Groges like this.
  12. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As spanner said, this has been covered before
    BUT here is a link to my response in past threads https://www.silverstackers.com/forums/index.php?threads/you-buzzed.60814/page-3

----------------------------------------------------------below is what i said in that thread

Buzz = I wanna buy your stuff (whether by PM or in the thread, timestamps should come into play) a lot of people buzz through PM .....me! lol

Conditional Buzz = I wanna buy your stuff but change all your conditions to my conditions. (That's not a buzz! So buzz would trump conditional buzz)

Tentative Buzz = o_O

I agree terms should be posted in case of any conflict in which case seller makes the call.

I also think If you buzz, then give some lame excuse or disappear, it should be at the sellers descretion to take the backup buzz.

Sure, if the buyer want to ask questions of the seller, fine. But if someone buzzes while your lowballing through PM (same as conditional buzz) Be prepared to be outbuzzed.

I buzz/ pay/ then want my tracking number when the funds clear and the package is posted. This makes for an fast easy transaction.

Just my 2ยข :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  13. brisbane-coins

brisbane-coins Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is very clear. Not sure why so much confusion around it. You only buzz when you want to buy with all the seller condition. There is no other form of buzz.
    In any other cases you need to start a conversation. While you are negotiating your terms with the seller, somebody else can buzz in the thread and you miss the chance.
    I think this is as transparent as possible in a forum and I did not have any problem so far.

14. GF

@ Brisbane Coins : so what if the description of the goods needs clarification for the buyer ie condition of the coin? You want them to Buzz unconditionally when they are all excited to get a good deal and all they want to do is check with the seller that the product is exactly what they wanted? Makes no sense. I get what the original OP is saying...its happened to me, as has winning an auction only to find the seller gave the deal to another bidder...I arced up then as well. I'm never going to dismiss a buzz with a simple question that was not covered in the original post (not a negotiation) and will state this in future sales threads.

15. brisbane-coins

brisbane-coins Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you are not clear of the product on sale, you should not buzz until you get clarification from the seller. If you are concern of the condition of the coin, ask the question in the thread, so that everybody else can see the answer from the seller.
    When you get the product, and you realize that the product is not exactly same as described in the sale, you should contact with the seller immediately to get the full refund or negotiate other way.

remember, it is always up to the seller whom he wants to sell. There is no legal base in this forum, all sales are based on trust. The general rule is to accept the buzz what came first, but there is no legal restriction of it. It is a rule of the forum and a courtesy.

if a seller did not sell you a stuff even you won the auction, that means that seller shows a bad manner. He will loose the trust from other members.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  16. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Unless the ad says buzz in thread I think a buzz via Private message is fine as some people do prefer privacy, I have buzz'd both in thread and via private message.
    It is up to the seller who they choose to sell to in the end as it is their goods and they have to sell to who they are comfortable with.

17. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just to add to the debate, some sellers prefer F2F and state this. Therefore a F2F buzz would take precedence over an earlier interstate buzz.

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  18. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

i didn't know what "Buzz" was for my 1st purchase!!!:p

GF likes this.
  19. GF

"It is a rule of the forum" - I have been a member since 2013 and have never seen such a "rule". I don't think you get to make them up to suit yourself....could be wrong though....

brisbane-coins and m3sca1 like this.
  20. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Correct
    It's not a rule
    But as become an unwritten rule
    And it is up to the seller who they sell to

brisbane-coins likes this.