You buzzed?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by boneyard, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buzz = I wanna buy your stuff (whether by PM or in the thread, timestamps should come into play) a lot of people buzz through PM .....me! lol

Conditional Buzz = I wanna buy your stuff but change all your conditions to my conditions. (That's not a buzz! So buzz would trump conditional buzz)

Tentative Buzz = :lol: :rolleyes:

I agree terms should be posted in case of any conflict in which case seller makes the call.

I also think If you buzz, then give some lame excuse or disappear, it should be at the sellers descretion to take the backup buzz.

Sure, if the buyer want to ask questions of the seller, fine. But if someone buzzes while your lowballing through PM (same as conditional buzz) Be prepared to be outbuzzed.

I buzz/ pay/ then want my tracking number when the funds clear and the package is posted. This makes for an fast easy transaction.

Just my 2 :)

2. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nailed it :)

+1000

3. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

I think conditional Buzz is fine as long as your conditions do not include a change in the original conditions posted by the seller. (including price changes!)

But if they are related to reasonable conditions not outlined in the original post by the seller I think this is ok

e.g.
    Buzz conditional on F2F, or international postage being offered.. These two things are often accidently omitted in sales posts

its up to the OP to asses what is 'reasonable' for a conditional buzz

4. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

+1000000000000000000%

Exactly!

A conditional buzz does not change the all the conditions of the sale in fact it might likely not change any of them.

For example a member let's use SE was overseas and asked me to hang onto an item until arriving back in Australia. This was fine with me and met all the conditions of the sale and the BUZZ. However it was conditional on me hanging onto the item for a fortnight. Even if another buzz followed, I would always give priority to the original "buzzer" as the conditions were fine and he/she got in first. BTW the deal went through perfectly.

So if someone puts in a conditional buzz on my sales thread and it's followed by a buzz or back up buzz and I'm fine with the conditions and they are perfectly reasonable and legitimate I'm selling it to them, it's done and dusted they get the item/s, they buzzed first (conditional or not). That's the right thing to do.

As I've said the conditions must be reasonable... like postage or F2F or hanging on to an item until back from O/S or waiting a little extra time to be paid... these are just a few reasonable examples. It's not changing the conditions of the sale at all or negotiating price etc.

Like I said when people see "conditional buzz" it's up to the seller to determine if it's ok and does not mean sold unless the seller accepts. Taking the time to do a PM might mean missing out. Conditional buzz with a PM following it up is perfectly fine in my book and it's up to me to accept the conditions and sell to them or not.

In housing there is usually a settlement period of a specific time however if both parties agree then it can be changed. It does not change the actual sale itself.

The sale means sold.

And buzz is unconditional acceptance of sale.

5. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I think the answer to that depends on whether you want to be fair or cause trouble for the sake of it and get known on this forum as being a selfish w@nker.

My view is it is up to you. I don't think that buyers can expect an item to be available or at the stated price after a few weeks. They should always ask.

6. Naphthalene Man

I agree with Greg, a buzz in taken as is. No such thing as conditional buzz, you either want it or not.
    And I'm not going to buzz on this site. It no one elses business what buy.
    I send a pm and I can't prove that my timestamp beats others so if I didn't get it I'm not going to cry about it.
    Newbies will learn. That is the joy about being a newbie. If they want to try to insist and push their weight around they can get nicked.

7. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

The thing that gives me the irrits is getting a PM or reply in a thread saying someone buzzed by PM before me and got the item/s I was after...

I don't care if people buzz via PM but how turtling hard is it to amend your bloody sales thread after someone has spoken for an item...

8. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

Again (ad nauseum) I hate buzzing and then being beaten by an anonymous (real or fictional) PM. I understand the seller can't keep a vigil over the thread but as Ghost mentioned it would help to post that a PM buzz had been received.

My decision is that any future deals by me as a seller will be by buzz only. No 'tentative/partial/conditional/maybe' buzzes. If that cost me the deal the so be it. I am not that desperate. If I decide to do anything different it will be spelled out very specifically in the initial thread.

Edited for grammar - too pissed.

9. Naphthalene Man

If I get beaten by an anonymous (real or fiction) pm buzz I don't care.
    If you guys sell anything you will note that hopefully things move fast and you canrespond immediately to every pm and post.