Black Swan event

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by rbaggio, Jun 23, 2012.

1. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hmmm..they were just talking about a possible terror plot at the london games...they have to take our minds off the carbon tax...

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I reckon the next 'Black Swan' will come from a 'people's uprising' in China.

A co-worker is learning Chinese and I occassionally ask her to browse the Chinese Financial forums and translate what they're saying. Mostly visited by young-ish men, these conversations/threads are filled with angry, entitled, nationalistic voices. They openly critcise the govt and want (and expect) more. More everything. More freedom, more money, more oppourtunities. If the Chinese economy starts lagging a little, I reckon these newly empowered citizens will tear that country and it's factories apart! And that will have a flow on effect to the whole world!

3. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

War war what is it good for ,wiping out the uncouth youth

4. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

US Ship Mistakenly Fires On Friendly Boat Off Dubai, As Russia Condemns Saudi Treatment Of Religious Protesters
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/us-sh...a-condemns-saudi-treatment-religious-protesto
    Not really a laughing matter, but seriously if it moves shootit! If it continues to move shootit some more!

5. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My thoughts are keep an eye out for the London Olympics:
    1. Rockefeller foundation predicted 13,000 dead http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/uploads/files/bba493f7-cc97-4da3-add6-3deb007cc719.pdf
    2. BBC show Spooks "Code 9" episode 1 is all about a nuke going off at the London Olympic opening ceremony.
    3. Operation Blackjack - published in the Telegraph newspaper predicted a nuke in London.
    4. There's a long list of dignitaries not attending the opening ceremony: The Queen, Vladamir Putin, Julia Gillard, Israeli President to name just a few.

If something did happen, it could be blamed on Iran. Creating a perfect excuse for war. There's already a lot of media reports of military buildup near Iran.

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Thanks for the info
    If we all put in we can get Juliar a ticket?

7. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

My shout, send her to all the events to increase the odds

8. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

Sounds similar to here really , the vitriol against Gillard has been especially scathing.
    Anyway two things : I'm hoping that the workers at the ~400 nuclear power plants worldwide can safely shut those things down in the case of a global economic collapse and secondly i am hoping governments will not start world war 3 in order to get the plebs rallying behind them once more.Could be a close run thing.

9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Says a lot.

10. willrocks

Originally the Queen was to open the 2012 Olympic Games. This was the original plan:

http://www.london2012.com/spectators/ceremonies/opening-ceremony/

This recent article titled "Queen asks James Bond to open London Olympics" shows she won't be doing the opening, and most likely won't even be there:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-london-olympics/story-e6frfmvr-1226315828619

11. Byron

Byron Guest

Tiannamen Square Part 2 perhaps? From time to time one reads about huge demonstrations and riots out in the Chinese countryside, by peeved off peasants. Most of these are kept suppressed.

However i cannot see western style "democracy" working in China at the present time. A Russian type controlled democracy based on strong nationalism maybe.

12. willrocks

The London Olympic opening ceremony on 27th of July is 9th of Av. Av is 11th month in Jewish calendar.

That's 9/11 in the Jewish calendar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Av

It's also noteworthy to mention these events occurred on the 9th of Av:

586 BCE and 70 CE - The first and second Holy Temples which stood in Jerusalem were both destroyed, on Av 9. The First Temple by the Babylonians, and the Second Temple by the Romans. The Temples' destruction represented the beginning of Galut

1290CE - Jews were expelled from England by the Edict of Expulsion of King Edward I of England and not permitted to legally return for 350 years.

13. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

It's a worry alright.
    Will the royal family be in London at all during the opening ceremony/first week of the games?

14. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

Any china watcher will understand claws comments. Very well written and thanks. Chinas biggest concern at present however is water. They are strategically planning food resources ( buying land around the world to feed the masses in the future) but much of the drinking water in China is polluted and getting much worse.Question? How would you plan for supply of drinking water for 1.2 billion people?answer. Look at the ord river(at how much pristine water flows into the sea food for thought.

15. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

By the way, Im not suggesting we send water to china, ever heard of colonisation or people migration? the ord river could feed and water a lot of people.regardless of their ethnicity

16. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Resurrecting rbaggio's thread: we now have yet more stupid response from intolerant, violent, moronic f***wits but this time has kicked off to 6 deaths early on.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-15/at-least-six-dead-as-anti-us-rage-spreads/4263020

:rolleyes: complete stupidity but scary :O

I forced myself to sit through the "movie" (most TV infomercials are longer). It's pretty crap compared to South Parks piss-takes of Mormons, Scientology, Jesus, Muhammad, etc. It has got some funny bits and is good to see an interpretation of how a bunch of sheep herders in a random desert may have acted/lived.

17. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

If you know of the Timewave Zero theory of Terrence McKenna then September 16 & 17 are interesting for their development of existential complexity.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNwEOF9jXI[/youtube]

18. bordsilver

Hmm. Me not no enuff about Terrance McKenna but me think he be just a bit more fun than horoscopes but takin the sam magik mushrooms :|

[Although I may be eating the same mushrooms on Oct 6 though (or maybe 7th depending on which side of the planet he is using as his reference point). :lol: ]

19. bordsilver

You're missing a major point. FREEDOM and freedom of speech is extremely important. It should never, ever be censored. Individuals should be totally free to choose whether they want it on their website (eg it's totally GoldPelican's call if someone happens to post a copy on here)]. I actually was very happy that YouTube had not succumbed (yet).

20. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can believe it.

If Coca Cola uploaded a new commercial to YouTube and Crazy Anti-Coke Guy has a hissy fit and goes on a shooting spree, should YouTube take it down?

Or if someone said they were going to kill the makers of that anti-Muslim video not because it is insulting to Islam but because the film is just so incredibly bad, should YouTube take it down?

I watched some of the excerpts of the film and it's really just like 99% of everything else on YouTube - complete and utter garbage.