Batter up!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silversmith, Mar 27, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hey missing, I guess that's what Joe from NC will say is, 'what makes the world turn.' :) He's right of course. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I don't find the Zeus coin 'attractive' AT ALL. However, I wish I bought 20 of them to flip. Now that would have been a good profit. Maybe I would have kept one for kicks. Whereas my baseball coins, I may flip a few, but I'm keeping most...and will NOT part ways with my gold one...even with it being .900. One 70 NGC gold just sold for 1,275.00. that is nice chunk of change. and the silver proofs are going for 80 -100...and at a 51.00 buy price, that's not a bad return either...so I'm happy with the lot of baseball coins I bought.
    by the way, did you buy the 1985 Great Wall error medal? Just curious.

2. HAC888

HAC888 Member

The US Mint is very funny.
    They send me the free Bag today while the coins still schedule for June 21. The bag was expedited second day shipment from Indianapolis, Indiana.
    I can't wait to receive the coins. I do not care much for the Bag. ( I thought about to cancel the bag but afraid they might cancel my coin too)

3. barsenault

Hey there HAC. Too funny, the same thing happened to me. I was like, yeah, I'll advertise to the world that I buy PM's from the Mint. Talk about a target on your back. I canceled it from my other 2 others. I called and was like, where are my coins that you said would ship on the 10th...um, oh, um, yeah, we're still in the process of minting, the demand has been great. Me: yeah, but you have an april 10th date and it is the 26th? Sorry, but they are still being worked on. Yeah, okay. Thanks. geesh

4. HAC888

HAC888 Member

Even more funny, they charged me $4.95 for expedite shipping the $0.10 bag. ( what a monkey business)
    Anyways, the coins will be ship Free of charge later. Can you imagine the cost of shipping millions of orders later at their expense? Really funny business.

5. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

The Monnaie de Paris have done something similar with the FIFA World Cup 2014 being held in Brazil with some lovely coins. http://agaunews.com/?p=10918

The gold is a 1oz piece and the silver 22g, but I really like them. The other gold coins are not domed, just the ouncer.

[​IMG]
    Source: AgAuNEWS

6. barsenault

copy cats.

7. HAC888

HAC888 Member

Yeah, very bad cat.

8. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Copy cats? I think its the other way around :)

Source: http://world.mintnewsblog.com/2014/04/new-domed-coins-for-2014-fifa-world-cup-brazil/

This fact is also found on the US mint website:
    Source: http://www.usmint.gov/batterup/?action=curvedcoin

One big difference is that the gold coin by Monnaie de Paris is a 1oz (31.1g) gold proof struck in 99.9% pure gold with a maximum mintage of only 500 pieces. Unlike the gold baseball coin (only 8.359g) struck in 90% gold and a mintage of 50,000!

9. barsenault

Well, I'm American, and have a big ego, so i say screw France they copied us. I'm sure it was in the mind of american 1st, and just didn't get around to working with the mint in time, when his idea was stolen from his memory banks by the crooked French mint. So there. Hehehe

10. HAC888

HAC888 Member

I finally got my first Silver Dollar Proof coins. .

Thanks Silversmith for starting this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ryan71

ryan71 Member

Experience has shown US government web sites......suck. Wonder how many hundreds of millions were spent on that one. Oh well, it just someone else's money.

12. HAC888

HAC888 Member

I believe some people had bad experience with US_ Mint and some people did enjoyed the excitement. ( I had both).

The more frustration the more it lead to the excitement after receiving this coin.
    The same feeling of holding a rare coin after so many months or years spending time to looking for it.

American love Baseball. We spend many hours with our families at the ball fields.
    By owning the baseball coin, we share our precious memories and good times.

I believe spending money on something that we love is worth it.