Bare essential survival. When the economy collapses I just want to eat

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Tinknocker72, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I've eated from my 30 day survival buckets frequently and like it alot thats the main reason I've stuck with the brand I have. Mashpotatoes, soups, mac and cheese, brocolli rice are stuffs thats provided. The buckets of food are for feading my family if something sudden happen such as a natural disaster where immediate care packages will not be dropped. Everyone should have enough stored food too live for a couple months without requiring help from the government. I'm overly prepared for immediate problems and can sustain until things stablelize. If things do not stabalize within a few months then thats where the problems begin!

Also I live in the desert so sadly there is not a whole lot of living of the land without special setups for a very strong knowlege of survival and nature which I do not possess.

2. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

I've said it before I'll say it again location location location. Karma might not be of value where you live. I live where I live because it does here.

3. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh well the desert is a little different, any native indians still about? I bet they could show a few tricks, rattlesnake soup? cactus moonshine?

Ahh ok, yeah I forgot about the natural disaster thing, I don't think of earthquakes or twisters as it doesn't happen my side of town but if I did live in a disaster prone area, like rural with bushfires etc,
    then I think my prepping would be a lot different, I totally agree on the 30 day buckets for short term shtf, 100%, I guess stored water would be a big priority for short term shtf to go along with it.

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

This is actually the smartest answer because location of where you live is critical.

Some people make the very, very silly mistake of trying to convince others that the U.S. will be just like Zimbabwe (or whatever other country they attempt to equate with) was 5 or so years ago. There's no logical reason whatsoever to assume that this will remotely be the case.

Also, the U.S. is a big and very diverse country so even within the U.S. location will have importance if ever we face some sort of SHTF scenario.

As I've mentioned in this forum before, there's no arguments that I've seen presented which leaves me believing that in my or my kid's lifetime will the US be facing a SHTF scenario. That could and likely will happen in a handfull of other countries but that's because those countries that it may happen to are not the U.S.

And please, for those few numbskulls who always like to conflate other people's words, do not presume that my suggestion above means that I believe that Americans are better than everyone else; every nation has its share of good people and rotten people...America is no different than any nation in that sense.

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Another question is whether or not economical collapses are relevant to stack silver, or whatever.
    Does anybody here deny that fiatcurrencies (and intrest rates manipulations) are an organized theft?
    Well, I buy various stuff already now instead of saving them and see banks lending it out whoever they like to sponsor, which in turn drives prices up till the time I decide to swap the savings for stuff.
    I have enough stocks of whatever that doesn't perish over the time frame, to proceed decades.
    And I buy also beyond that, stuff that everybody can use (ex. raincoats), most of it second hand but in good condition and sometimes even brandnew, at like 1/3 of new price at most. I have mainly silver simply because it's handier than a room full of raincoats.
    So tell me then, why do topics like these pop up on this forum? I don't buy silver in anticipation of economical collapses. They are possible, maybe even likely if you look at how things go on, but I see it just as 1 scenario, and I stack silver regardless of whether or not that 1 scenario takes place.
    That doesn't mean that I buy silver anytime I have fiat to save, for the obvious reason, some drive the price temporary up and it's better to wait then for a lower price and thus the amount silver one should get for the longer time scenario to work out better than fiat.
    Zimbabwe is / collapse is an extreme scenario. A 2% loss of purchasing power each year is another scenario. And anything inbetween.
    Some longer time ago people used silver coins for daily purchases, with not any scenario in mind.
    Well, I do so too, but just for the monetary role storage of value over a longer time, as shorter term medium of exchange a bank account is much easier, and cheaper, than shipping coins forth and back.
    Anything special left?
    Nop.