Bank Fees what a joke!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by hihosilver, Mar 28, 2011.

1. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Does any of you know of the very best way to transfer online funds over $25K+ through online banking which the bloody f&%%ing banks don't charge you for? :mad: Is there a decent bank out there? don't laugh I had to ask? I should say any fair bank? :/

I'm with ANZ and their limit per day is $25K. They have the audacity to say if you wish to go over that $25K you'll need to open another type of account which they say they will offer extra security (which I must take by the way whether I like it or not) at the extra fee of $15.00 per month plus transaction % fees. It's a bloody joke! :mad: They are going to charge me extra for transfering my money to somewhere else and I should be happy with the extra security they will involve doing this.....I hate banks and I truly hope the whole system comes crashing down around. If I hear or speak to another teller either by phone or across the counter or from bloody India about how they are trying to help me when all they are doing is pushing their banks products I think I will snap.

Any in put is appreciated :rolleyes:

2. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

Walk into the bank take out your ANZ Card cut in half and demand all your money right now as you are closing your account, Say out loud you are thieving scum and I want my money now, I want nothing further to do with this bank. I did this with a $12k balance ,got my money, took it to Westpac. I am also part of a class action suing ANZ for $16000 in bank fees.

3. Sticks

Sticks New Member

Welcome to the club - I share your views - especially that part about the system crashing down. :)

4. gnik1

gnik1 New Member

Why not schedule a daily transfer of 1K for next 25 days or 5K over a week?

5. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

greyman68 - your idea is certainly an option :lol:

6. shortstack

shortstack New Member

Except they won't give it to you on the spot as it will go over the maximum allowed cash withdrawal without notification. Because of course, as we already know, they don't have enough cash on hand and they would run out For everyone coming in after you, it would not be confidence building, when they say, sorry, we have no money left.

7. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I have never had this issue and would be surpried if i ever encountered it. I have used commsec, nab, and ubank and havent had a problem. The only thing i encountered was 'its over your daily limit' and all i had to do was call up and get the limit increased to what i required. I do not mind this feature. I have now reverted it back down to 10k/day.

8. Terry88

Terry88 Member

Humm, wouldn't that be exciting. One day when there will be heaps of SS here. We all go into the back at the same time and close our Bank Accounts. That'll make a nice little run on the Banks.

Sorry, my bad. Shouldn't think like that :/

9. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I can't offer a solution to your problem sorry but fees are negotiable to some extent. I don't pay any fees on my cheque account and this was carried over when i converted the cheque account to a debit card.

10. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hate ANZ for this reason. They are scum, when I had to transfer an amount over 25k, they said max I could do was 10k.

I had to increase the transfer amount online, which requires waiting 5 days for a code. They gave me some BS spell about your liable if your account gets hacked blah blah. I told them its ok, I won't have much in there anyway once these funds go.

The V2 account does not come with cheque facilities. In the end I just spent $10 to get a bank cheque. Had to run around hoops, they had to do a whole bunch of checks. Took 30 mins for such a simple process.

Glad I have zero dollars with them now, I would never use ANZ. They obviously have cashflow issues, just looking at the 5k cash withdrawal limit and having to phone ahead to arrange it at a branch.

They even had the nerves to actually ask if I need financial advice in managing my Self super. I told them theres no way they would be able to match the return investments I make (at which is less risky then holding cash).

I hope they go under big time.

Slam

11. shortstack

shortstack New Member

It has happened to me, twice, years apart, when trying to get cash for a car purchase. Though it was with Australian central credit Union so I suppose it is because it is a smaller bank. I guess I was rather naive at the time. I was annoyed but just thought it was "normal" procedure. Now I see others dont' have the problem with bigger banks it makes me more worried. they recently merged with the police credit union. Supposedly for better services etc. Makes me wonder...

Actually just thinking about it some more, I think there was a problem because the safe is only opened once a day and they need warning to have the cash out the night before, though I am pretty sure they wanted a couple of days notice at least once. I can only hope it was because it was a branch and not the headquarters.

12. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

They will give u a bank cheque .Ive done it twice after dealing with idiots at westpac 1 time & which bank another time was hilarious watching the bank manager trying to kiss my arse & asking if there was any other way to resolve the problem to which i replied yes you can hurry up with the cheque

13. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

euphoria - you say " I have never had this issue and would be surpried if i ever encountered it. I have used commsec, nab, and ubank and havent had a problem ".

I reckon try and raise your limit to $25+ and see the friendly help they all will give you suggesting to you to open another "unique" tailored made account for you so that they will charge you more fees to withdraw your own $$$....maybe call them today and see what they all say eh? then you'll know where exactly you stand if you should ever need to know later at a moments notice. Especially when you want to purchase more silver within the 24hr time limit most dealers want payment within...

14. Ernster

Ernster New Member

LOL last time I went in to the bank the lady behind the counter looked really concerned for me. She asked if I was workin and if i wanted to go on a budget type plan with lower fees since I had little cash in my account:)

15. LeadWrist

LeadWrist New Member

I'm not sure what the daily/per transaction limit is on withdrawing cash from the teller without giving notice, but I find it much more efficient to withdraw cash from the teller and walk into the merchant's bank and depsosit cash into their account. It's instant, free and best of all, annonymous.

16. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

this is slightly going off the topic of silver but there are two types of bank tellers (1) the robot which hates their job and really doesn't give a shite. They can never answer any detailed question, always blames upper management and are delighted when you move on - then there are numero (2) the crafty salesperson prick (effectionary known to me as camelbreath) who knows exactly what you have in your bank account (very similar to an accountant or lawyer) uses this hidden advantage to their own personal gain, does their best to speak as if they actually know something, then proceed to lock you up to some account, scheme or long term plan which ultimately pays them hidden commission. It's the latter I hate the most....

You can see I've calmed down since this morning :cool:

17. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Leadwrist - could you explain more "merchant's bank and depsosit cash into their account" what is this merchant bank? brand name would be good to know?

18. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Open an account with a credit union and explain to them when you're setting it up that you may need to make large transfers on occasion.

My credit union account is limited to transferring $x,000 per day, but I can call up and have it completely unlocked in a few hours. I get a real, live human being on the phone (who is locally based) and I just explain what I need and they tell me when it will be ready for me.

I don't pay bank fees, for this or anything else.

19. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Nope, they never tried to talk me into a better account it was all fine and fairly painless. Instantly even. All I had to do was call them (in the case of Ubank and Commsec) Nab I had to go into a branch and present ID etc. My experience was painless (although the nab branch ticked me off a little bit) And as a security measure I don't mind it, if for whatever reason someone gets your details they cannot just empty your entire account and are at least restricted to 10k per day.

Not in favor of the banks AT ALL. But, if you are running into this issue I would look to another bank. Ditto if you still pay account fees

20. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Makes me think of the term

"bank robbers"?

Who robs who?