Back the truck up

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Court Jester, Jan 16, 2016.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am too busy with my truck in forwards.... no time for backing up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY[/youtube]

2. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wrcmad buying silver/gold is like buying shares, you have to purchase the right ones and sell them at the right time. You just have to be informed as to which ones to buy.
    Sound familiar?
    You can make/lose money in any market, you just need a Crystal ball.
    I wish i had bought more 2012 crux curved coins or 2014 $1 mint rolls etc

3. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Hungry meth heads? I think you've been scammed...

Congrats on the move though!

4. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

As I said in my post I was not referring to anyone specific here, it's just that this thread reminded me of those types of posts. A site I used to go to a bit eventually became home to 2 or 3 anti PM posters that would wait for a big drop and then come in and post (having not posted for perhaps months) and would basically say "ha ha glad I sold my silver at $xx, how does it feel to be holding silver now, etc"....
    Some would constantly post about the stocks they own. That's fine but why do you go to a PM blog to brag about stocks? If you're into stocks, go to a stock blog not a PM blog.

I think it's important to have differing opinions otherwise one can easily fall prey to "groupthink" which is what was going on in most PM blogs during the run up, which is understandable since the price always seemed to be going upward. I however take exception when you see idiots insulting folks for their bad calls/investments, when we can never really know what bad calls/investments/life choices the "idiot" calling everyone else out has made in his/her life.

Jim

5. wrcmad

Fair enough, but this works both ways.
    I have seen more insults towards PM holders brave enough to suggest they may see a drop coming, than insults arising from those rejoicing that they sold before a drop.
    Believe it or not this is a PM forum..... not a PM-BULL forum.
    And it's difficult to have rational conversation regarding PM's and the all-inclusive economy in general without including stocks, as well as other financial instruments. Should we ban discussion of derivatives too?

6. hilaire9

hilaire9 Member

I'm sorry, you are all going to die poor.

7. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd be more worried about living poor.

8. Jim4silver

Don't know if you are trying to argue with my post or making a general point? I never said we should ban anything. I am referring to "troll" types that hardly ever post, then when prices drop big time they pop in to deride all the PM holders and brag about stock gains or other investments other than PM's simply to make themselves look smarter than everyone else or simply to make the PM bulls feel like fools. I am not talking about people who are bearish or wish to discuss/debate other types of investments other than PM's.

I don't believe in banning speech (no matter how idiotic, wrong or insulting it may be) like they do in some of the progressive lib countries where you can go to jail for making unpopular or non PC political claims (holocaust deniers, etc). I was just posting my opinion on certain types of posters I've seen on the PM blogs, whose presence seems only to irritate/insult others.

Jim

9. wrcmad

Not arguing. Just making a general point, that the irritation works both ways.
    Apologies, I thought this^ meant you did not approve of discussions regarding stocks on this forum? :rolleyes:

10. Jim4silver

There was a guy on another blog where I used to post that would always reference stocks he owned. So every time he dropped in to bust chops of the PM bulls (after a drop in prices) he would always say they should not buy PM's but should buy stocks. In that sense I would ask, why is this guy on a PM blog, he should go to a blog for stocks if he hates PM's but loves stocks. That is what I meant in that single sentence of mine that you quoted. What I was referring to would be akin to a person going to a beer blog and preaching the joys of wine drinking, or a hardcore lush going to an AA site and preaching of the joys of getting lit every night.

Jim

11. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

back up this way. all need to stay clear!!

12. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Really it's the AU$ dropping that is likely to push price up for us.
    I haven't really made any purchases pf silver for last year save a couple tubes of fiddies
    Bitcoin @ $280 ish was to tempting,
    Paid off better in the 12 month period also.
    Silver will crash before mooning in the banks last gasp
    The price of 'silver' isn't a fair representation of the value of holding phyz anyway.

13. hamannmj

hamannmj New Member

lol, Silver will go up $.50 and then drop back to $13.00. Nothing supports Silver increasing anymore. I'm officially a Bear for life.

14. hamannmj

hamannmj New Member

I can see silver dropping to $9-$10 and sitting sideways (which is really downwards) for 20 years.

15. prankster

prankster New Member

You think $14 is a "ridiculous high price"? Waiting for $3 per oz. Wrong & wrong.

16. wrcmad

Why and Why?

17. Jim4silver

Just because a price is possible doesn't make it likely, or as you say "Anything is possible, but not everything is probable. ;)". Let's see if silver gets to $12 before we start saying it is going to $3? Maybe they will start selling brand new Mercedes cars for $10,000? Maybe you can buy a new mansion for $50K? I am sure at some point in the past you could buy a Mercedes for $10K and a mansion for $50K, but that doesn't mean you can today. Some PM bears look at a price chart and say since silver was much lower in early 2000's it can be that low today. I say our world economies have been altered to a degree that such prices aren't coming back anytime soon. Even $5 silver will not be coming back again unless priced in some newly created currency at that level.

We will see $10 oil before we see $3 silver.

PS The folks telling us $12 silver was on its way have yet to be correct, so why should I believe them when they say it's going even cheaper. Sort of like the folks predicting $1000 silver.

Just my opinion.

Jim

18. wrcmad

A couple of years ago, we were never going to see silver under $30 again ... and under $20 was so unrealistic it was laughable....

19. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Yeah wrcmad, it isn't like silver dropped to around $8.93 in GFC I. :rolleyes:

20. Jim4silver

Yes that is true, but as you get closer to zero, numbers corresponding to silver's price are "not created equal". Back when silver was 30 and 20, etc, that number was still well above cost of production. Back when silver touched under $9 in 2008 the premiums in my area were $3 over for the crappiest junk bars/rounds available, and there weren't many of those. Everything else was higher. That silver price level didn't last long. So maybe we get a quick drop to $12 or maybe $10 (I doubt it), but will it stay that low and what will the supply consist of?

I'll keep accumulating cool but cheap stuff as I can at these prices or lower so I don't worry either way.

Just my opinion.

Jim