Back the truck up

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Court Jester, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

silver is down and then sudeways, where are all the" back the truck up" peoples comments that were calling me a fool when I said

<-------------------- SIDEWAYS ----------------->

for years seemed to have gone quiet lately.

so how did backing the truck up @ $26++ work for you

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you used your powers of prediction to make a fortune yet? It's quite a gift, it shouldn't be wasted here.

3. Court Jester

lol now now wernt you one of the "back the truck up" comment makers??

it has been so long since I have seen one, where as in the past silver would drop 2c/oz and there would be 50 threads about trucks and backing up

I did ok by not buying silver over that time.

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I see your powers of prediction are better than your powers of recollection.

Does "did ok" mean you sat on your hands?

5. Court Jester

not exactly but I sold most of my silver and moved the money elsewhere.

Though in the recent dip below $20 I did by a little back.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

F...here we go again :D

CJ you did good! :D

7. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

Back the truck up, silver price is going to the moon!

8. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I've been to busy trucking to post.

9. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have made alot of money & ounces with my strategy. So you keep going sideways & I'll keep going up. ;)

10. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

I backed the truck at $26, then at $20, no waiting for $14, and prepare for $6.
    So, stop talking and start thinking how to increase your PM holdings

Guess what - my $ cost average is below 0.

11. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You win!

12. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Although it shouldn't, it does always surprise me a bit to see posters who come to PM blog sites and like to brag or boast that they DIDN'T buy PM's or don't own them, etc, as price falls. As if these prognosticators are somehow superior beings to us PM bugs who paid more than silver is now worth. I opine that many of these types of folks have personal problems or issues (that us bloggers have no way to know about), which causes these folks to feel the need to rub salt in the wounds of those who have lost $$$ on PM's as a way of obtaining some sense of personal joy via their schadenfreude. These folks seem like the type that like to pull the wings off of flies in their spare time.

We'll never know how many bad investment choices these folks have made or how much money they have lost in other areas of their life. Perhaps they bought PM's at the top and are pi$$ed off, or they've lost money elsewhere or are excessive gamblers, maybe their family life is hell, etc.- no way to know for sure. But for some reason, their personal lives are so lacking they feel the need to come to sites like this and berate those who choose to invest in PM's, even if said investment is not doing well currently. I am not saying anyone in particular here falls into this category, but this thread made me think of this "syndrome" that I've seen over and over.

I've seen this type of behavior on most every PM blog site I've ever visited. Know that if PM's ever do go back up, these folks won't be around or will be quietly "backing up the truck" at much higher prices than now, because they missed out on lower prices today.

Just my opinion.

Jim

13. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Part of it might also be that they simply don't know how to make $$ / ounces in a stagnant or even declining paper-spot price market -- and erroneously assume that everybody else lacks that knowledge, as well.. ;)

14. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I'll back the truck up only when I see silver below USD $3 per oz. In the meantime, I'll just sit tight and wait out these ridiculous high prices of precious metals we are seeing now.

:)

15. Court Jester

I still buy and own PM's when I see a bargain I just dont have much faith on it making me any money any time soon. My cost average is in the low 20's so im not all that worried I just see better opportunities else where for my money.

My other investments are in cars atm ( I recently became a motor dealer ) so swapped one kind of metal for another.

16. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think we will see new highs in spot silver not long after world crashes big time which could happen as early as this year. I'm not that concerned if spot drop further because I'll just lower the cost average of my stack. At these low prices I'm happy to keep stacking.

17. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

loan on the house and back up the trucks

18. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Oh there are people that fall into that category for sure. Craving attention (be it positive or negative) from complete strangers is a sickness some have, others just like to annoy the shit out of people.
    Either way, both negative traits. If you can't fathom why people are like that then I'd say that's a pretty good sign you're in a healthy mental state.

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well, given I have never had the pleasure of being able "to brag or boast that they DIDN'T buy PM's or don't own them, etc, as price falls", I am happy that I must be in a healthy mental state. :)
    Having cleared this up, there is one scenario that seems to have been missed that tends elicit fairly open comments from me, usually in retaliation: -
    There is nothing worse than permabull arrogance and self righteousness, bordering on the abusive at times, followed by the blame game of cartels, manipulators, reserve bank chairman, and anyone else who can remotely have the finger pointed at them when price falls.
    This shits me to tears, and is just as bad, if not a worse "syndrome" than those non-buyers mentioned above - IMO it is also a more reliable indicator that bad financial choices have been made.
    If one can't own their decisions, and feel the need to blame anyone else when things don't turn out like one mistakenly proclaimed, then it would seem these types of folks have even bigger personal problems or issues.
    Sometimes the behaviour of PM bears is directly provoked in previous dialog, and in these cases I quite understand it.
    However, there are also scenarios where I like to just annoy the shit out of one or two individuals. :p

20. CFP

CFP New Member

I sold my truck as I am moving overseas so I went down to center link with a couple wheelbarrows and KFC dinner boxes for the hungry meth heads.
    Does that count? I'll make sure they go into City Gold backwards.