atkinsons the jewellers now atkinsons bullion with huge price hike

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by scotland, Oct 7, 2013.

1. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Silver is expensive if buying in the UK. If your going to be buying 200 at a time it is probably cheaper to buy from either a company in Estonia or Germany. Liberty silver is cheap in Estonia, but delivery changes are high unless you use your own corrioior and there will be a fee to send Euros, so I would recommend buying from somewhere like silver to go (www.silver-to-go.com) you can purchase in GBP and send to a UK bank so no transfer fees and delivery starts at just 12.

Atkinsons prices ae good for UK prices, but because of VAT silver is expensive, only really recommended for collectors looking to get specific coins rather than investig larger amounts per month. Their gold prices look very good though, I might be buying a little bit of gold from them soon. Maybe a 1oz kangaroo.

2. Cornishfarmer

Cornishfarmer New Member

You think its best to buy 1 soverign a month or just the cheapest gold coin or wait till I have enought to buy an oz? If wait for 1oz coin cheapest or specific coin the way to go

3. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Well it depends what you want. My personal strategy includes buying semi numismatic silver coins (bullion coins but with maximum mintage limits) like Perth Mint 1oz kookaburra and 1oz Perth Mint lunar series coins.

Personally I don't like sovereigns because of the fact that they are 22carats and not pure gold. But that is just my personally preference, there are loads of stackers who buy sovereigns. You will find that the premiums on fractional gold (I.e gold coins less than 1oz) have a higher premium. If sellig to a stacker in the future you will get this premium back. If selling to a dealer though you will rob ably only get 98-100% of the spot price and no premium.

But the choice is yours, those are just my personal preferences.

4. Cornishfarmer

Cornishfarmer New Member

Where is best in the uk to buy gold, I Bought from atkinsons and good quick service but 55 over spot price is this normal

5. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

I have been able to buy some ( but not all ) gold coins from another source that has been marginally cheaper than Atkinsons but my last order was with Atkinsons so they are about the best especially if you order from their specials and about an ounce because they include Special Delivery and not have to add shipping from other sources.

6. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

You could always move to Canadian Dealers ;) Only 15 for those American Eagles here! lol