Another Norcini Article blowing the minds of perma Bulls

Discussion in 'Silver' started by barsenault, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I can't see any uptrend but temp paper (futures) ones, everytime until people start to sell back if the sell > buy back spread is exceeded.
    Why would it be? The last decade about 600 million ounces was stockpiled by ETF's, and a similar figure as coins & medals. And the futures markets depositories, just over 100 Moz end 2011, now 170 Moz, already hanging there since a couple years.
    The problem at the moment is that my case is an euro > silver swap and euro is long-term low, and I decided to hold what is low.
    I think better times to buy silver are signaled by depleting ETF stocks and dealers that quit the job for another.
    And Norcini, bah, if he sees a frog jumping from left to right he's silent about it, but when it jumps back from right to left, he yells as if it's not just a return.

2. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

And the award for mindless bigot and over generalisation goes to....

You do realise how much of the worlds gold is held in Europe don't you?

So westerners are

For that you win the award for bizarre Asian racist 2015.

Way to go on turning an interesting observation into some kind of pseudo Asian hitler outpouring. Where do you think the system of troy ounces and Karat was defined anyway?

Troy weight
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_weight
    "Troy weight probably takes its name from the French market town of Troyes in France where English merchants traded at least as early as the early 9th century.[3][4] The name "troy" is first attested in 1390, describing the weight of a platter, in an account of the travels in Europe of the Earl of Derby.[3][5]

Charles Moore Watson (18441916) proposes an alternate etymology: The Assize of Weights and Measures (also known as Tractatus de Ponderibus et Mensuris), one of the statutes of uncertain date from the reign of either Henry III or Edward I, thus before 1307, specifies "troni ponderacionem"which the Public Record Commissioners translate as "troy weight". The word "troni" refers to markets. Watson finds the dialect word "troi", meaning a balance in Wright's Dialect Dictionary. Troy weight referred to the tower system, the earliest reference to the modern troy weights is in 1414.[6][7]
    "

Karat fineness was standardised in medieval Europe.

Obviously WW1 and WW2 etc. was a breeze for Europeans and we would not know about hard times or the value of gold.

I give up on you. Please note I do not generalise that to 'Asian people' as I know many who would just shake their heads at your blistering ignorance, it is quite specific to you.

3. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Not bigoted at all.
    I can fly to Singapore right now. 22K gold is $51 Sing dollars per gram. I can buy a typical plain dress ring at around 3 grams for about $170 - $180 Singapore dollars
    I can fly back to Australia and go to a typical suburban shopping centre jeweller and find a similar gold ring which is only 9K at a normal price of $299 Aussie dollars and of course half price at $150.
    This happens all across the country except where there is a large Indian and Chinese population. There you will find real gold shops with real gold rings.

4. tolly_67

No, your Asian friends are actually shaking their heads in amazement at my keen observations.

5. Niveka

Niveka New Member

Here are some interesting things you will find in China:
    Businesses hang nets to prevent employees from committing suicide.
    Firefighters are on hand to prevent self-immolations.
    A national pork reserve exists to combat inflation.
    Grave robbers steal and sell corpses for "ghost marriages."
    Entire Apple stores get counterfeited.
    Couples divorce to avoid property taxes.
    Wealthy people have stand-ins at their trials
    Buildings fall over sideways and are sometimes intact.
    People spend thousands of dollars on walnuts.
    They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on jade.
    Fathers hire assassins to kill their sons' World of Warcraft avatars.
    People get arrested for spreading rumors about the Mayan Apocalypse.
    They have cricket fighting competitions.
    The smog is so bad it can be seen from space.
    Rivers turn red from pollution.
    Bridges collapse within a few months of being built.
    Cities with no occupants pop up all over the country.
    Whole media organizations get banned.
    People practice eye shaving.

Oh, and not bigoted at all, just reporting the reality...

6. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Not really. They are not much into gold and would be inclined to define themselves more by nationality, religious or ethnic background than 'Asian'. Obsession with gold was I was once adroitly and amusingly informed by one Hindu gentleman was a 'lower caste phenomena'.

Just for you:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqDHW0jmkw[/youtube]

7. tolly_67

Aha....I simply referred to Asians due to the fact they live on the Asian continent.
    This Hindu gentlemen....now he is a true bigot. How grand to live in a caste system.....as long as your not the lowest.

8. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

One of my first scores from an op-shop was a pandora bracelet that we paid $2 for.
    It had 6 different silver charms on it and this was the reason we bought it.
    It was only when we got home to look them up online we saw what AWESOME value they held.
    We sold the bracelet for $50 and each of the charms for $25-$35.
    Pandora has awesome value on the second hand market and is easily resold.