Andrew Maguire expose not what you think

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by dccpa, Oct 24, 2013.

1. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

I thought this covered your question:

I would note Ronnie that Andrew's response did not dispute anything that Jeff or the ex-spouse said, apart from "one of my companies, Custom Lease Capital, had failed and inferred that it was my sole business interest" so the rest of it cannot be called gossip but is now confirmed by Andrew as fact.

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Could you or Jeff provide some references to Jeff's efforts to rid the futures markets of algo and high frequency trading ?

I tried a google search but could only come up with Jeff's submission to CFTC in 2010 arguing against stronger position limits being introduced.

3. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bron I am very wary of "truth" revealed by ex-wives. As we all know in these situations there is "her truth", "his truth" and the "real truth". Perhaps Andrew has recognized this and unlike his ex not pointed fingers at anyone. I do not agree with you that the fact Andrew not refuted each of her accusations, confirms they are indeed true.

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Even if this is so, does any of this change the fact that Andie accurately predicted PM market takedowns indicating his intimate understanding of how these manipulations went down?

So far I haven't seen anything that can detract from this - and it appears to be nothing more than just noise to try to distract people from the nitty gritty facts of the PMs market manipulation highlighted by Andie.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I wonder why big Jeff doesn't focus he's attention on categorically discrediting the information Maguire presents, instead of focasing on charectar assassination. A classic example of playing the man and not the ball.

Here's a totally unrelated chart

[​IMG]
    The period 1900-2009 is based on data from the United States Treasury.

The period 2010-2020 is based on estimates from the Congressional Budget Office.

http://www.futuretimeline.net/subject/business-politics.htm

6. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A few welcome words from someone who isn't a permabull.

Jeff Christian is a breath of fresh-air :) A realist!

Precisely the reason I can't be bothered giving out explanations on my predictions.

7. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

A man walked into a doctor's office for an appointment - when the doctor saw him he looked vacant. 'What seems to be the trouble' the doctor asked.
    "Im dead" the patient replied.
    "How could that be, you're talking with me" the doctor protested
    "Dead bodies have been known to expel air and making sounds. Its true im dead!"
    "Well dead people dont bleed do they?" The doctor asked
    After thinking for a moment the patient replied, "No, a dead body doesnt bleed"
    So the Doctor took a pin and pricked his thumb, a large blood bubble developed before the patient's eyes
    "Hey wadda ya know!" the patient exlaimed.... "dead men DO bleed!"

This joke is written to highlight what I believe Jeff is trying to get at.
    The myopia of many goldbugs causes them to irrationally search for reasons why gold is going down when they believe gold should be going up.

Jeff, I understand what you are saying, and I appreciate your opinion. I do believe that markets are 'managed' somewhat, but I have trouble believing manipulation to the level that some people are claiming.

8. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

I also do not believe in long term manipulation, although all markets can be manipulated in the short term.

I just don't understand the need to discredit Andrew.
    Provided Jeff steers his clients the right way what does it matter to him what Andrew says ?

9. metalstruthseeker

metalstruthseeker New Member

In terms of addresses the claims of Andrew having 'predicted' or called in advance major downward m and noves, and other allegations he has made, here are a few points.

Regarding Andrew Maguire's specific claims of forecasting, I have not followed his more recent prognostications on the internet. I don't follow anyone's. I have noted in writing and in presentations that the one piece of evidence Maguire gave of his famous call about a February 2010 silver sell-off, or whatever it was, was a copy he distributed to people of an email he purportedly sent to the CFTC prior to that sell-off. Of course, anyone can make a copy of such an email and it can be a fake. It was interesting that he sent it to someone named Elliott Ramirez (if I remember the name correctly. I am traveling at present and do not have access to my office files) at the CFTC. The CFTC has never acknowledged receipt of this email or other emails from Maguire he alleges he sent prior to March 2010. It has said that it has no record that Elliott Ramirez ever worked for it. He does not now and the CFTC says as far as it can tell, it never did. So, again, not even a good lie. You can place a call to the CFTC, anyone can, and ask to speak to someone in Enforcement, or Supervision, or Market Research, and get through to someone, and then you have a name to use in your fake email. I also know, but cannot provide to others, that Maguire has at other times sent screen shots of emails he purported sent to other people; anyone can make up a screen shot, but he chooses to provide these instead of hitting 'forward' and sending an original, traceable email. That smells. Go to more work than you need to? I sure don't do that if I can help it.

In terms of allegations about silver manipulations, at our website, www.cpmgroup.com there is a free reads section, called Our Market Views. I believe you have to register to access it, but there is no charge for registering. In that site, there are two sections of the virtual library dealing with other's claims of manipulation. One is called "Counter Arguments to Gold Conspiracy Theories," and the other is "Counter Arguments to Silver Conspiracy Theories." I encourage any and all of you to visit and review these. In the Silver section you will see a 2008 presentation about these allegations, as well as a lot of other stuff. In the Gold section you will see a bunch of documents. One is a presentation called "GATA You Lie." In 2010 GATA challenged me to refute its six pieces of evidence of gold market manipulations. I tore each of them apart, showing how GATA either outright lied (saying Barrick wrote things in a court filing it had not written) or distorted what other people had said.

The reason we did not beat these dead horses in the past week is because we already have beaten them to death, as has the CFTC, the courts, and others. In legal terms, any reasonable person would not believe any of these allegations based on the evidence provided by GATA, Butler, and others. None of it holds up in court. Ask Don Doyle at Blanchard, who had to pay Barrick for his legal allegations they conspired with JP Morgan to manipulate gold prices and issue a public written apology to Barrick, its executives, and their families.

The issue at hand in the present time is not the validity of any of these claims. Those were proven bogus a long time ago. Beyond the one 2010 claim, I have not followed Maguire's warnings, nor do I care to. I will say that anyone with access to a price chart can call buy and sell signals, and does: That's why we are having these heavy volume periods.

The issue at hand was the credibility of GATA's star witness. They held him out as a seasoned bank bullion trader, providing the insider admissions. He and they refused for four years to provide any credentials that he in fact was what he and they said he was. Murphy promised to pay me $5,000 in our 2011 debate at the Silver Summit. We provided evidence that Maguire is totally not what he and they claimed he was. He was and is a fraud, an attention seeker who created a false past for himself and let others run with it. When I jokingly asked Murphy for my $5,000 last Thursday, he chest-bumped me, put his hand around my throat, and filled the air with school-boy expletives. (I have offered a reward for a photo of it. I am seen laughing in the picture; he was so pathetic.) Of course I do not expect Murphy to pay me, just as I do not expect him to ever be able to say one honest thing.

Sorry if a lot of this does not directly address Maguire prescriptions, but the only one I ever saw was a fake, too.

Hope this helps.

In closing, one other piece of advice, and I hope it does not come across as condescending or pompous to thin-skinned critics of mine. After you read the documents countering the conspiracy theories, go to the other sections of our Library where you will find all sorts of documents about the real gold and silver markets, for free, which may be of interest and help to you in investing and saving metal.

Regarding the comment about Silver Stackers not viewing silver as an investment but as a safe haven to be held regardless of short or long term price trends: Let me assure you that I agree. I have long term gold and silver holdings, too, for just those reasons. When the Cheney administration started harassing me a few years ago, I added to the position. I also have investment positions. My advice to our clients is that some portion of your assets should be an insurance program against the ultimate catastrophes. Depending on how wealthy one is, that could be a small or larger portion. The rest should be put into assets to prosper in economic, financial, and political situations short of complete collapse, which are statistically more probable to occur than complete collapse.

Finally, regarding posting a photo: I realized that was a joke when you asked for a smiling visage. I don't think I have smiled since 1973! Seriously, I would have to figure out which button on my computer to press. Maybe that's weekend work. Unfortuantely, my tech savvy two children are grown and don't live with us anymore.

Thanks. I am starting to enjoy this.

Jeff

10. metalstruthseeker

metalstruthseeker New Member

p.s.

While at our Free Library go to the section "Hedging and Derivatives." Read the "Two Letters Re Derivatives from October 2002 and the May open letter on derivatives market regulation.

This is in response to a request for historical stuff. Much of my testimony and discussions with governments has been private and 'work for hire.' Many governments have perpetual confidentiality clauses so that an advisor may never divulge he advised them, let alone what he said. (It's a sore point that I have spent a lot of legal fees trying to find a way around. It limits any interesting memoirs in the long term.) Like diplomacy, advocacy is supposedly best done in private. Like diplomacy and decent, considered, fair discourse, quiet advocacy is an art of living rapidly disappearing in our society.

11. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+100.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

13. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

14. Ronnie 666

15. Ronnie 666

16. SRV

SRV New Member

Andrew is one of the "straight arrows" in the PM game (OK... hyperbolic at times but lots of company in that regard)... and his response was typically classy.

That a shill like JC would come out with a hatchet job like this is good news... "they're" getting nervous.

17. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

18. Ronnie 666

Look at the latest CPM video from Jeff Christian's group- insightful stuff

Lots of Uhmmms and Ahaa's and lots of stumbles

Gold is going down - yes very weak !!!

but ...................

Production is going up esp from China (sells no gold to the world ?)

Is this show for real ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecsCAJXn8I&feature=player_embedded