Andrew Maguire expose not what you think

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by dccpa, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

I got hold of what Jeff presented at the silver summit about Maguire:

"Who Is Andrew Maguire?

Andrew Thomas Maguire, formerly Andrew Gerhard Maguire
    Born 4 June 1951 in Germany British citizen

1980s: Sundry jobs in England
    Car salesman at Henleys, a car dealership, London
    Car leasing agent at H.R. Owen car dealership, Old Brompton Road, London
    ICS, start-up insurance courier company

1989: Immigrated to Canada and started a vehicle leasing company, Custom Lease Capital Inc. Operated for around five or six years, it appears.

Late 1990s: Day traded his own account.

2004: Started another vehicle leasing company: Auto Direct Leasing and Rentals.

2005: Left his wife and family and moved back to England. Apparently unemployed for two years or so.

Circa: 2008. Had a job in a financial institution in London which reportedly collapsed in the financial crisis. Reportedly was at Lehman, which he denies. Not clear what position he held."

3. Ronnie 666

It is easy to slate someone with a half-baked CV.

I sure someone can do an equally good job on the current US President or other "leading" personalities.

None of this proves what he is saying is wrong or inaccurate. Let us attack his message if you can which is the banks and central banks with our government agents are manipulating prices of all commodities in particular silver prices.

Jeff maintains there is no manipulation :D

4. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...-1&keywords=commodities+rising&condition=used

long ago I bought the book and read it, but it was not due to this book that I was searching for the metals :|

5. Ronnie 666

6. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

Bron, whats your personal thoughts on him?. I have listen to him for some time and he appears quiet informed and genuine, but alas I may be wrong.

7. bron suchecki

As I say in my recent goldchat blog post, I'm waiting for Andrew's response before writing anything.

However, it is important IMO whether he lied (or lied by omission by not correcting GATA in their CFTC testimony, for example) about his CV because his main claim to fame is his statement that he overheard some traders in a pub talking about manipulation. As that statement is based entirely on his word, anything which calls his integrity into question matters. Throw in the fact that soon after that he had a trading service to sell and benefited from his newfound fame, then I think it is fair to hold him to a high standard.

My previous views on him can be found here http://goldchat.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/etf-price-suppression-mechanics.html

8. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

Indeed, thank you for the response. We shall see.

9. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

O and congratulations Bron on 1000 posts, apparently the Pelican gives a 1oz bar for that achievement

10. bron suchecki

Didn't even notice )p

11. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't think so :)

12. Ronnie 666

13. bron suchecki

14. metalstruthseeker

metalstruthseeker New Member

These are interesting comments here.

Look, it's all about being honest and credible. If a person says he has decades of experience as a bank bullion trader, and he doesn't, if everything else he has said about himself proves to be a misrepresentation, you have to question the veracity of everything he says. And if someone comes across as a weird attention seeker, claiming in public that he had some elevated position that he did not, you have to worry about him.

Here's the punch line, however: Maguire and his handlers say they are trying to 'put this to bed' by giving his history, admitting that he was only a low level junior employee at J. Aron briefly in Canada, at a time when J. Aron did not have a Canadian office. Not even a good attempt to lie. He could have checked his facts. At Associated Capital in Nova Scotia his first executive level position was... as a debt collector. That's hardly a sterling explanation of his trading history, er, now its his banking experience.

Believe it or not, I am just interested in the truth. I am tired of liars polluting the precious metals markets.

GATA came after me after I gave a speech in 2008 saying the conspiracy theories were distractions that cost investors money, but leading them to make bad decisions.... like staying long silver in May 2011 at $49.

Then they continue to purposefully misrepresent my explanation that there is around 100 times more paper metals traded than annual new supply, saying I said that represented individual banks' leverage. Perhaps Maguire, who repeated this lie again today, really is so ignorant of the gold market as to not understand that. And, that number overlooks the fact that each physical ounce of gold refined from mine output or scrap turns over, changes hands, around nine times between mine and ultimate user or investor. So, if the gold multiplier is nine, then the ratio of paper gold trades to physical trades falls to 11:1, instead of 100:1. But such 'advanced math' is beyond their capacity, or desire, to understand the markets they have appointed themselves as safeguards and experts in.

The key is what I said at the start: Maguire's defense of his experience in metals trading is to claim that he worked briefly for J. Aron in Canada at a time when Aron did not have a Canadian office. He is not even a good liar.

As for me being a government hack, give me a break. Whoever wrote that and thinks that knows absolutely nothing about me. At the start of my Silver Summit speech I asked how many people in the audience had ever sued Goldman Sachs. No one but me. I asked how many people in the audience had testified on four continents and written extensively about the need to regulate OTC derivatives. Again, no one but me. I did not ask them how many have been denied re-entry into their home country as a form of harrassment, had their computers hacked into and files deleted, and their phone tapped. I have. That sure sounds like a government hack to me. You can apologize if you have any sense of honesty and decency.

Enjoy. I've got work in the real world to do now.

Jeff

15. Ronnie 666

I don't believe anyone anymore and over time I have learned to think for myself. However, I think its pretty low that Jeff (metalstruthseeker) logs onto and registers with our bullion site simply to have a single slug at another person; first and and only post ??? Its sad to see this. :(

16. trew

I was about to post that Jeff comes across as a real dickhead for going so out of his way to discredit somebody, but Jeff beat me to it.

:lol:

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

What in particular has Andie left unanswered which is so terrible to his reputation?

I personally found his response quite adequate...

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

yeh but you're still way bigger than Jeff! :lol:

19. trew

Thanks Yip. I try my best.

One day I may even reach your lofty level.
    Pipe dream I know but we all have to have one.

20. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Keep telling it how you see it Jeff.

Ignore those with their hands over their ears trying to drown out any sense of reality which doesn't fit their dreams.

Those with open minds appreciate your time and efforts.