Advice for newbie re silver bar differences please!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Macros_The_Black, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Thanks to all (and those who PM'd).

Making more sense now - and it seems time to just call a few dealers and explore options.

My workplace is my home ... so that's out as a delivery "alternative" but it seems there are a few other options.

I won't use a bank deposit box (that's like asking a child-abuser to look after my daughter ... eeewww).

And yes ... to avoid being a target best to stay under the radar.

@ Irondog @ VRS - tnx for the heads-up on that - I was wondering how one would import and what the tax implications are (knew there was no GST but Big Bro is sooo clever at extracting $$ out of thin air ... oh hang on ... don't they just PRINT it out of thin air?). I could put that 1,000oz mother under my pillow ... sweet dreams.

Ciao for now.

2. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Just a quick update as I received the first of my physical today (oh what a sight ... mmmm). I really appreciate everyone's help - I've been reading the forum daily and what a great bunch of talented people argumentative and funny sick puppies hang out here ... it's gonna be fun ;)

Thanks again to all who helped, directly and indirectly.

3. brixnmorta

brixnmorta New Member

Hey VRS,
    I got back from the Mother Counrty for similar reasons only a couple of weeks ago and to be quite frank (and it pains me to say this), she is in a right old mess. It was actually seeing the economic and social demise of things there in the 18 months I had been away that prompted me to get on and start stacking, and I am so pleased I did.

The weird thing is that here in Australia we have been reasonably immune to the fallout from the global financial shenanigens and yet the majority of the people on this forum are Aussies and I know several friends and acquaintances here who are actively stacking and looking to protect their wealth. Yet back in the UK I only know of 1 friend who is doing similar even though the whole country is looking over the edge of a financial abyss.

Anyway, my point is.... don't be surprised if you return back to Oz and continue stacking like your life depends on it... I just wish some of my friends and family back in the UK would do the same but I think many people on this forum know what it feels like to be a maverick.

Brix.