A NEW SERIES IS COMING VERY SOON...

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Luker, Jan 16, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Amen my friend. Then it succeeded. I just hope others feel the same way to the tune of a 189.00 (please dear Lord). :D http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-GHANA-...z-Silver-PROOF-High-Relief-Coin-/151592998582?

Any takers? I'll give it to someone here via paypal 150.00 free shipping. :p

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm hoping to get mine very soon. They departed from Sydney airport a few days ago according to tracking so I might even get them this week.

3. barsenault

if you don't get it, there's one for sale for 150.00. :D LOL. Hope you are well my friend. I'm not even getting a nimble for 169.00 on eBay. Yuck. :rolleyes:

4. SpacePete

Sudden drop in popularity? Remember the glory days when the first designs were revealed and people were bidding like crazy? Ah well, live in hope :)

5. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Got my Goat Skulls in today!

Nothing special about the serial #'s.. Both under 200, anyway. They're very tiny, better seen under a loupe.

I think they're cool. My biggest complaint is I wish the relief was a bit higher.

Would I pay $89 USD for them again? Absolutely.

Would I pay $200+? That's up to the individiual. Personally, I'd rather pick up an old slabbed numi, but that's been my preference these days.

Only two proofs, so I'm holding onto mine.

Got a handful of BU's coming to me, too.. All at sub $70. Probably trickle out a few over the series.

Looking forward to the Monkey Skull! :D

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Got my 1 proof today as well. I agree with Gatito's sentiment....I'm happy with the coin...it's about what I expected.

As for the alleged high relief....hmmm, compared to your average coin...maybe. I don't know but maybe I'm jaded because my eyes have seen a few truly high relief medals and coins and therefore in context, I am maybe not the best person to evaluate the relief on this or any alleged "high relief" coin.

Here's what my eyes have been spoiled / jaded by (I wish I owned all of them):

[​IMG]

Niue 2014 Swiss Wildlife series Alpine Ibex ultra high relief antique finish

[​IMG]

New Century Mint Snake Dance medal reverse (image from http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.bqDze7&id=19319489071 )

[​IMG]

New Century Mint Snake Dance medal obverse (image from http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.bqDze7&id=19319489071 )

[​IMG]

2015 Bald eagle 2 oz silver high relief medal (Heidi Wastweet sculpt)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

China 2014 Great Wall Pass 2-part (concealed Dragon and Great Wall pass) Copper & Brass medal. These two ultra high relief medals are designed so that they can be snugly put together; two haves to make one whole (and really, really fat) medal

7. SpacePete

Does that ibex have a huge pair of testicles hanging between its rear legs?

8. mmissinglink

Ha! Could be. Those Swiss Ibex...rumor amongst the capra is that the Swiss Ibex are suppose to be very virile! :)

9. barsenault

nope. i took the counsel of my good friend Gatito. I move it to a auction style bidding war. I gave folks a chance to own it for cheap. That chance is now gone. I don't want to hurt the hopes of price appreciation of the good folks in this community who made an investment into this nice looking coin. Someone had their chance...that window has now closed. :D Starting bid 139.00. Let's see where this baby goes. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-GHANA-...-Coin-/151593580968?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

10. barsenault

11. Gatito Bandito

Good man!

Though if it were mine, I'd have followed in the primary/secondary dealers' footsteps & done a 7-day auction-style -- starting at $0.99

No fear! :lol:

12. Gatito Bandito

You know, I will say this..

It's nice to finally start seeing photos of the actual coins in these listings, instead of those damn sketches.

Now if only the BU's would hurry up!

RE: the comments about the "high"-relief, I'm thinking maybe SM originally had more ambitious plans for that, but for whatever reason (financial, operational, etc.) had to scale back on it.

Perhaps the subsequent years will incorporate that more? Would be cool..

13. mmissinglink

Agreed. Pictures and even more so, videos, are the best way (other to actually hold them in your hand) to know what a coin looks like.

"High relief" is sort of subjective I suppose. These may be high relief compared to many or most regular or common coins or rounds but compared to certain others, it's not. I am a big fan of many high relief coins / medals / rounds....so long as the design is not utter garbage like the Perth Mint Duds of Oh-limp-pus series.

14. Gatito Bandito

Yeah, some YouTube videos of the Lunar Skull would be nice.. Would help to bring more exposure to the market.

Could be mistaken, but I think Silver Slacker mentioned a while back that he has some BU's coming?

And yeah, I've got some old coins once used as currency like 150 years ago that have a higher relief than this -- and they're not even MS! :lol:

Have to admit, though, that there are some medals out there that are more like chunks of Ag than a flat disc. And once you go ultra-high relief, it's difficult to go back..

15. Luker

Luker Member

2/18/2015
    here ( http://smmint.com/ ) are some images of the Aquarius copper sample in a sample capsule
    Aquarius silver & copper will ship in capsules as shown with a foam spacer to minimize rattle. it will
    not harm your item and you can feel free to remove this spacer when you receive your medallion.
    we have invested in getting custom capsules made for this series to insure a perfect tight fit and are
    currently waiting for the company to finish making the die before the capsules can be manufactured
    those custom capsules will ship with Pisces and we will replace any Aquarius capsules you
    have at that time as long as we are already shipping Pisces to you in any quantity. that
    means that if you ordered 2 Aquarius and then you order 1 Pisces, we will send you
    2 extra capsules with Pisces for your Aquarius medallions
    the capsules we are using now to ship Aquarius are more than suitable and do the job
    but we want to improve things as much as possible when we have the chance, so we
    decided to go the extra distance and make custom capsules just for this series!
    after the delay (that is entirely out of our control) with Lunar Skulls, we are extremely excited to bring
    you this series, everything is being handled in the USA where we have more control and oversight of
    the project, even the custom manufactured capsules are being made in the USA!

orders placed before the 16th of February will ship on the 21st or 23rd

16. SpacePete

17. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is this the next coin in this series? Lol

[​IMG]

18. mmissinglink

The Lunar Skulls and the SKULLCOINS Zodiac series are two different series. One series depicts Lunar animal skulls the other depicts dark Zodiac imagery including a nude skelly chic as the first coin of the series.

Orders for the SKULLCOINS Zodiac series will apparently begin shipping this coming week.

19. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Same mint I'm guessing? Interesting to see a lot of interest on this forum compared to another forum I frequent.

20. Luker

Luker Member

Well-known Menber Al Berry's (MCM Forum) Photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]