A NEW SERIES IS COMING VERY SOON...

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Luker, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

haha what?!? So who are you insulting, the designer or the sculpter?
    I wonder if you've seen them in person because the craftsmanship blows this round out of the water regardless of whether you like the coin or not. No one will disagree with that if they've seen them in person.

The skeleton in this round isn't anatomically correct based on the pose, which would be fine if it was sacrificed for aesthetic reasons but... it doesn't look good either.
    I'd say the designer (not the sculpter) needs to add a lot more detail in the next one or this series is dead before it began.

2. PlataStacker

PlataStacker New Member

Hi to all,

99 gold mintage on the new horoscope round sounds awesome!

Overall a cool looking design! Cool looking round.

I would consider a purchase on the silver and gold, but it's a NO GO on the Copper!

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the copper but unfortunately I was too slow to the complimentary one .

4. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

I think the designs had potential, but a few things are throwing them off, in my eyes..

Namely: both skulls, the neck/spine alignment issue, the femur, and probably could make a case for the "AQUARIUS" font.

Somebody elsewhere mentioned that they weren't keen on the lack of a rim, either, which might have been nice.

Other than that ( :D ), I like the rest of it.

I think they could have made some important adjustments which would have made this more desirable.. And I say "they," as I'm not putting it solely on the artist's shoulders.

I wish them luck for the other 11 months..

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

LOL. Registered today. hmmm. And you work for who? LOL.

6. PlataStacker

PlataStacker New Member

I have been a silver stacker for over two years. I usually follow YouTube silver stackers like silverfish ....

I work within the garment district as a pattern maker and have zero affiliations to anyone!

7. zeeman

zeeman New Member

barsenault@ i normally donot post too much, but i read the blog everyday,and honestly i am tired of hearing how smart you are, tired of hearing about your lunar skulls, how you made money, instead of asking other people, who they work for, i can ask you, who you work for? you are not a collector, you are just a flipper, day job must not be paying too good, so "Mr Know it All" maybe you can tell , who i work for? you have nothing good to say which will help collectors, other then which coin is going up in value or down, ok start with your rant now...

8. zeeman

zeeman New Member

Platastacker@ who ever you work for, doesnot matter, welcome to the forum, most of them here are dealers and flippers, so if you are one of them, donot feel bad, you came to the right place :)

9. barsenault

double post.

10. barsenault

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

You are wrong. Anatomically and proportionally, the ZodiacSkull is correct except for where I noted. If you are a fine artist who has studied anatomy, then I might take your criticism about the anatomy seriously. Adding detail doesn't necessarily improve a design...just look at the hideously fugly Perth Mint GOO medals which have a lot of cluttered, eye sore detail which does absolutely nothing to make these medals appealing in any way.

The GOO medals are a complete joke, anatomically and proportionally absurd. As for the design vs the sculpt of the GOOs, let's put it this way, the sculpt does little to nothing to improve these hideously unappealing designs. I've seen photos compared to the product illustrations and while an actual product can be somewhat to significantly better than the photos, even if you take the best case scenario (significantly better), significantly better than absolute garbage is garbage.

12. PlataStacker

PlataStacker New Member

Zeeman,
    Thank you for your support and I hope that there are many more SS with your honor and respect within this forum.

Thank you!

13. PlataStacker

PlataStacker New Member

All is forgotten! Let's all just have some respect and honor to each other as those are great qualities ! Keep stacking my friends!

14. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I have, I was an animator when I was younger. I also sculpt so I know exactly what it takes to turn an image into a coin.
    Continue to to discount the words of someone who knows what they're talking about, no skin off my nose, i'm not really sure why I even bother replying to your posts.

You get so up tight when someone questions this mints stuff, I'm starting to suspect you have some kind of motive.

15. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

What?? :rolleyes:

I dismiss you because you are wrong, period. An animator doesn't necessarily study anatomy and perspective. As an illustrator of the human figure, I have and I am telling you, from someone with knowledge of these things, that anatomically, the design on the medal works well except for that segment of the spinal column which is misaligned. If you would bother to realize, the perspective is an overhead perspective, not a horizon line (or eye level) perspective, and therefore, anatomically, it works (except where I've already noted).

Furthermore, you are a complete hypocrite because it is you (in post #43) who began commenting in an inflammatory manner to my comment which shows that you were up tight. Your motives must be questioned because of the fanatical way you dismiss a decent design and yet exalt to no end the hideously unappealing GOO designs. You can no longer pretend...come clean, you've been exposed.

And I would definitely appreciate that you don't address any of your ridiculous comments toward me because clearly it appears that you can not write something that isn't intentionally inflammatory and unprovoked nor can you add anything productive to this discussion, therefore you are wasting my time when you write the type of things that you have. I have already stated why you are wrong. I have been paid for my illustrations, that means I am a professional illustrator. The illustrations of mine that include people (homo sapiens) are illustrations where the human figures are drawn proportionally and anatomically accurate using various points of perspective.

16. barsenault

oh, did I mention to zeeman lately, that i sold two of my lunar skulls for 225.00 each. Making the 2 I get to keep, free? WOWZA.

17. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Wait, I don't comprehend. So what you are saying is you purchased four Lunar Skulls at the original entry price of 89.00 for a total of $356 and then managed to sell two of them for $225.00 for a total of $450 resulting in you surpassing your original investment of $356 by $94 granting you two free Lunar Skulls coins now at market value above 89.00 and $94 in your pocket.... ZOMG :eek:

18. barsenault

the early man got the cheese. hehehe. Can you believe some people have hard time with that. simply amazing. I wonder who he works for. LOL.

Happy day ND (everyone).

19. zeeman

zeeman New Member

I wonder who he works for? donot wonder too much, ask your mom, she will let you know.

20. barsenault

and what grade are you in again? My wonderful mom is 80, she's deaf and a wonderful soul of a person. Not sure if you mean't by your comment you were 'doing' my mom? You take the cake zeeman. Happy Birthday + Grow up. Geesh. I'm done responding to you.