300 million puffed up roosters strutting

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Peter, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Quote" In America, it would appear that the obsession with microscopic partisan philosophy differences and dogma undermines any possibility of a united electorate behind issues of grave and imminent import. It's a distraction of the highest caliber, and a perfect example of how the current model of human beings can easily occupy itself with senseless superficiality while the stage upon which they debate is incrementally consumed by termites. Completely transfixed by spectator sports, utterly mindless video games, vapid entertainers, and formulaic and insipid movies, and a hundred thousand talking heads all delivering variations on the Great Lie of the once great United States, America is doomed. 300 million puffed up roosters strutting around indignantly in what was once a resource rich land of promise but is soon to be nothing more than an abattoir from sea to shining sea. What a surprise it will be when the fences erected to keep the outsiders out turn out to be fortified by the outsiders to keep the insiders in.

And still, the financial services industry, now a juggernaut smashing the financial infrastructure of the world to smithereens under its own colossal inertia, defecates a steady stream of worthless and impoverishing investment products on the oh-so-thoroughly anesthetized and distracted American investing public. The collateralized debt obligations and securitized junk loans have been refined and retuned and now re-appear as triple A trash among the cleverly adorned offerings of Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan."

http://www.kitco.com/ind/West/apr292011.html

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought you were talking about the lunar series

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I came in here expecting to see some coins with roosters on them :(

4. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Tough titty

hehe

5. Jislizard

You tricked me into learning somethng about America..shame on you!

6. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

I like Americans, i genuinely do. As Australians we should be grateful for the opportunities and conditions that they have granted us.

The problem is that the story of their economy is quite incredible and will likely be used as a reference in economics for following generations.

7. Jislizard

OK...now you have my attention, what do the Americans have in their power to grant us, and what do we have to be grateful to them for?

You must be thinking of the English! Without them you wouldn't even have the opportunity to live in Australia... or a lovely Royal Wedding to be grateful for!

I will certainly enjoy adding the american dollars to my hyperinflation banknote collection though when the time comes, that is one opportunity they have given us!

Disclaimer: I don't know any USA type americans though I know a few North Americans from Canada, they seem like nice people.

8. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I like the individual Americans I have meet.
    Friendly people.
    The governments and the powerful are another kettle of fish.
    But surely some of the quote could increasing be said of us Australians as well,unfortunately.The media increasingly rots our brains and hardens our hearts.

9. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

The Americans didn't grant us anything, we stole this land from the Aboriginies fair and square.

10. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

What a load of miserable over-educated drivel. Frustrating when certain commentators categorise all things America as negative. Sure, I totally agree there are some major issues atm. but it's way too soon to be writing them off. Apart from the external debt crisis are things really that bad? Plenty of resources left, mineral, physical, intellectual etc. I read recently that 2/3rds of the US debt is in $USD. So that kinda brings things into perspective don't you think? When you have one country that represents the global market for half the worlds consumer goods it's easy to see how important the US is to the global economy. Cultural negativity is a disease that permeates society and destroys optimism. Attitude is everything.

11. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

I agree, however at present there appears to be no political will to fix the issues, or even to get out of the way and let the market solve them so at least fir the short to medium term the negativity is warranted I think.

12. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

Strutting roosters, or headless chickens?

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Everyone is lazy.
    We all want 'THEM' to fix the world.
    Obama change we can believe in. Oh he'll fix it all.
    Rudd isn't fixing it. Let's try Gillard.
    Brown is an idiot let's get Cameron, He'll fix it
    Trump will fix those Chinese and Arabs

People get the government they deserve.
    Consider Celente and his 20 percent solution.
    If 20% change their behaviour then change will come.

Hitler promised change.

"All propaganda must be so popular and on such an intellectual level,
    that even the most stupid of those toward whom it is directed will
    understand it...

Through clever and constant application of propaganda,
    people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way
    around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."
    (A Hitler)

A time of peace and prosperity await us.
    (A Hitler)

14. millededge

millededge Active Member

basically, those 300 million roosters saved our bacon in the last world war, otherwise a lot of you wouldn't be here stacking, as I doubt you'd fit in with the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere agenda

and without the US military, don't be under any illusions about regional security (hope you have a passport to another country sorted)

always be careful not to conflate a government with its people, as representation in the US is mainly of a small moneyed elite, not the proles and peons

there is a hardened group of educated individuals that knows what is happening in the States and I doubt they'll just bow out with a whimper.

remember these guys have a cultural memory of civil war

liberty has to be religified first and there are inklings of that already

funniest example of that I saw was yesterday on the sacramaniacsmc channel (youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEtzh7QJV9U&feature=player_profilepage

judging by that guy's recent posts, which get so serious they are laugh out loud, some us citizens are getting very cheesed off

never forget these guys have a lot of guns

15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

which is why I'd expect a 'russian' type of collapse after next economic meltdown. Not civil war, but a collection of territories that have their own rules, regulations and militias. The current ruling elite are destroying a common belief in a 'United States' and re-establishing a belief in 'A Republic' - a definition that can cover any grouping. The first republic was 13 states - what does Hawaii have in common with that lot?

With a giant hispanic population down south, a collection of survivalist self-supporting communities in the middle, a Hong Kong type state on the East Coast along with the original 13, a fiercely independent bunch Texas way, etc, etc, it is easy to see a secession movement bringing a collapse of the empire.

16. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Hitler didn't just promise change, he delivered it and the German people loved him for it. Well, for a while anyway.

17. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do we in Australia need the world's most aggressive empire builder and resource stealer to protect us? Not so sure. Tibet aside I don't see China constantly trying to take over countries left right and centre. Indonesia wouldn't have a chance of capturing or holding Australia.

18. millededge

millededge Active Member

you don't see it for several reasons, but that doesn't mean the infrastructure is not there

china is strongly developing its military capacities, did you miss the goose-stepping parades?

also, the history of china is expansionist at times and insular/protectionist at others, much like the usa

they kicked out foreigners, mostly muslims, and forced assimilation of those that remained in the borders (with certain surnames like Ma or certain minorities like Hui) in a past dynasty, I forget which, but it was either Tang or Soong

likewise, a certain country used to be called East Turkestan and is now a western province of China called Xinjiang, home to the ethnic uiygurs (spelling varies), systematically sinified and oppressed by the imperialist Han, but of course, where are you going to read about it?

likewise with Vietnam - booted out the Chinese several centuries ago, and even now, if you think it is going to be any better, then have a look on youtube at the 1988 Spratley Islands incident - a rare example of filmed genocide akin to the Mai Lai massacre

look at the USA policy of containment, by colour revolution most recently, and it ring barks China, which is most definitely expansionist

and as a spelling terrorist I have to tell you it is Josef Mengele (korrekte Schreibweise)

19. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's never black and white, is it... I doubt that America would let Australia go without a big fight, it's a crucial friendly land mass in the Southern hemisphere for Pine Gap (spying on Asia), satellite tracking and communications on this side of the planet, giant ULF ground antennas for underwater submarine communications in the Pacific, for astronomical observations, and for keeping close to Antarctica. For these same reasons, Europe and the UK would not want it in Chinese hands.

20. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Concur, the worst mistake you can make when dealing with the Chinese is to offer trust as a noble gesture. A few years ago one of my mates built up a significant textile company in mainland China. High end fashion clothing, he put everything into it and at first was warmly welcomed by the local government. It was very successful, he decided to pay his loyal workers a bonus. ($25 PM) That was the end of it, the local authorities closed him down and took over. At the point of a gun he had 24 hours to pack his bags & leave the country.