2012 Chinese Lunar Dragon

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by fishball, Oct 23, 2011.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Geez I wish lol

No camera mate, only a crappy mobile phone - I can google an image for you if you like :))))))

2. picturefun

picturefun Member

I ordered two fan shaped dragon coins during PandaAmerica Thanksgiving sale for $189/each, with free shipping. 2-3 days later, they raise the price by $50/eacj, and limits one per household. Regret I did not buy a couple of more :)

3. picturefun

picturefun Member

Not sure why do you say the market price for Fan shaped dragon coin has dropped? PandaAmerica price was most likely a typo. now they raise $50 for each fan shaped dragon. but the round dragon is raised only $10 (I bought one for $179)

4. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Doesn't matter if it was a typo, it was still "market price" at the time if they honored the prices ;)

5. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

I'll wait for X'mas sales :p

6. mmm....shiney!

Because early sales of the fan shaped coin were upwards of 250 bucks.

7. picturefun

picturefun Member

I checked the status of my order, it is already charged to my credit card, and Approved. So for sure they will honor the price :)

And one thing for sure is they are NOT going to lose money by selling at that price :)

8. picturefun

picturefun Member

Good luck :) my experience with U.S. retailers is that the best deal is usually around Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, not Xmas :)

Not to mention the coin, just the shipping save $15-$20 for each order. PandaAmerica shipping charges is pretty high.

9. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

I just today buy my 2012 flower AG 1oz Dragon bcoz i like it a lot when i see it, price is same in retail shop for round one. So price in usd is at current exchange rate is 205 usd,if some one need it we can discuss what is best way to ship it. also i buy some other coins , 1 oz gold Panda 2010 was 2040usd, and they say they decrease price bcoz 2010 year is not good selling year for coins, my 2010 pandas will be sorry to hear this. I will put pictures for weekend , when i have some time. They also release some round platinum dragons but i think they r too expensive. Regarding 1 kilo Au 2012 dragon mintage is 118pcs i see it on the certificate who comes with him , salesman told me at first place is 18pcs,strange ha? I was holding it for few seconds :D, but too expensive 1200000 CNY.

10. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Good prices on the flower!

Best way to ship would be EMS or Registered International. I think EMS is around 100 Yuan for small parcel, less for Registered.

If you're in HK then EMS cost around 160 HKD.

Takes 1 week or so to arrive in Australia.

11. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Hey could anyone weigh the silver 1 oz flower coin in the capsule ?? I weighed 9 of them from 2 different sources and I am getting anywhere from 36.8 - 37.4 grams (in the capsules) in both batches from both sources this seems a little too much varience for it to just be the capsules but maybe it could be. They all look pretty much the same with a few maybe a little cleaner cut from the die (when looking at them with magnification) . Could someone please weigh theirs and let me know . Thanks....

12. Singa

Singa New Member

Weighed my only piece at 36.7 gm or 1.18 ozt.

13. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Hey thanks singa, I hope some other people could weigh theirs so I can say it is just the plastic capsules......

14. mmm....shiney!

From 36.6 to 37.1

15. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Hey Thanks for weighing these , I guess the capsules can vary up to .6 grams , seems like alot but i guess it is legit , I also carefully weighed one of the coins that weighed 37.3 grams in the capsule, out of the capsule and it was dead on at 1 oz so I guess it is just dicrepecy in the capsules. Thanks...

16. Kirk

Kirk Member

do all the coins look exactly the same? ... I just ran into either a variation or a counterfeit of the 1oz dragon silver proof from the China Mint - main difference is the lettering for the date ... working on taking some decent pictures

17. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Yeah all mine look basicly the same ,if i look with magnification some look like the die strike is a little better but I think it is just the wear on the die . I would really like to see pictures of the two different dates if you could post them. Are they the flower shaped coins? That is strange I wouldnt think they would counterfeit these this early but you never know. I think they are really nice coins

18. Kirk

Kirk Member

it was the rounds ... was working on the pictures and then noticed the two "versions" were on 2 listings from the same seller (makes things a bit easier)

if you compare the lettering on the silver coins in the two listings below there is a difference (most notable is the "0" in 2012)

listing #1
    Rare 2012 Year of the Dragon Pure Gold & Silver 2-Coin (1/10 oz.+1 oz.) With Box (item 390373869502)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/390373869502?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

listing #2
    China 2012 Year of the Dragon 1/10 oz Gold and 1 oz Silver Colorized 2-coin Set (item 320815712317)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320815712317

also, the certificate for the coins above are a bit different that the ones from the single silver coins I have seen (most notable, the serial numbering moves up and down )

19. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Yeah i see what you mean I am guessing they are legit since they are different coins, the COA certainly is strange though I have not seen any that look like that. One thing i noticed from every coin almost i get from China whether theirs or the perth mint chinese ones is they always send the with the number 4 in the COA I know they consider it bad luck so I guess they send those overseas.. Please let us know if you come up with anything else . I am still waiting for a batch from panda america so I will compare those as well...

20. Kirk

Kirk Member