2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set will be hot

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by picturefun, Oct 27, 2011.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Waiting list equals not going to get any. They sold out in 4 hours.

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

LMAO.. too funny... You know china has an oppertunity to get there economy in order.. they would need to write off there bad debt *(cough cough US defualt)... and depeg there currency from *(cough cough US)...

They already have a decent 1:11 fractional money system which is a whole heap healthier than most western style bank-sters..

True they have a centralised command economy and a political uprising would see the nation in tatters.. but China could come right.. it all depends how much abuse they will accept from Americans and the IMF, IRB and BIS..

Im a fan of current year pandas and respect the healthy growing demand for silver in china.. of course buying pre-2011 pandas is making a bet i wouldnt be wagering.. I too go lunars over all else.. the destiny of china is in chinese hands.. the same cannot be said the America whose hope is rested squarely on foreign nations who hold so much of there flaking currency..

Cheers though.. classic post.. and i dont think we have diametrically opposing views.. id only add Australia Bullion is less famous but the Perth Mint is famous to silver/gold investors.

RE: 100 K mintage.. ok thats very limited for an american bullion silver product.. i just dont see demand for US silver bullion to stay high as americans will soon all be broke and the rest of the world is hardly in love with everything america these days (up until 2000 maybe!)

1for1

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

1for1 think nostalgia. :) Everyone will be fighting over ASEs so that they can hold them and reflect back on the wonderful times when everyone paid for their good times and toys with a credit card and then defaulted on the credit card.

That and we still have the most gold and the most military hardware. China will have to write off their bad debts and our bad debts.

Bwahahahahahaha.

4. td31

td31 New Member

I was glad to get my sets. it seemed demand was much higher than expected. ive also been hearing ebay is pulling the auctions down since the sellers dont actually have the sets in hand

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Pre Sales seem to always dictate huge premiums due to a lack of supply and the novelty of being one of the first to own.. happens with most pre-release sales.. May be a plan to buy and flip but ill leave it to the gurus who have studied thise niche as im simply not that interested.. plus looks like i couldnt buy anyway given i havnt registered.. Didnt we all spend all our cash in this huge silver price dip?

Im bone dry as is...

1for1

6. silver dragon

silver dragon New Member

I see that now the sight is saying Wait list notice. This morning when I ordered it did not say wait list so I will keep fingers crossed.

7. velma p

velma p New Member

With the 20th Anniversary set selling on the aftermarket at 3x value now, I won't be surprised to see slabbed 69 sets selling for as high as $900. Especially with the lower mintage and containing 2 unique coins.

8. picturefun

picturefun Member

where did you see the after martet price a 3x value now? May be I should keep the 5 sets for myself instead of flipping it to the dealer :D

9. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

It took me 2 hours of cussing at the severely stalling mint website , with the dogs and wife scrambling to the far corners of the house ...until I finally got my 5 sets.
    My dad got his 5 sets in just the first half hour, my best friend gave up on his...cussing on the phone saying the hassle wasnt worth it ( Thinking at the time he was only gonna make 60 odd bucks on each set, poor bastard didnt see 3x release price coming...maybe more by Christmas ).

Gonna hold onto my 5 sealed in the mint packaging , my dad only wanted 1 set for himself...I will buy 1 from him to open and fondle...and my too impatient friend will buy one too. He gets to sell 2 sets to make a little for himself.

10. td31

td31 New Member

it was like i did this earlier in the month. o ya... dragons

11. lollylolly

lollylolly New Member

The US currency is most wanted in the world. Everybody loves it. Every body uses it since the 15 of Aug. 1971. Trust US and she be right. Look at the Silver Eagle blonde lady, just like Merilyne floating in the air. Is not she look good? America is the land of the free, my school teacher used to say. Freedom that what we all want. I even believe micky is real when I was a kid. Santa is definitely come down from the chimnny on Christmas day in America. We all wanting and waiting for a cheap home to come to America in our dream while we go to sleep. That dream home is coming true now. Life is too good. We do not have to work and just print to riches. No interest charge guys. Where in the world you can find 'money' without have to pay interest? Not in China, not in India. Where? Why work like the Chinese all over the world. Printing currency is easier than even to colonization we used to do. Come on eat, drink and Cheers!

12. TomD

TomD Member

Now where's the dripping sarcasm emoticon when you really need it? Damn, gotta be here somewhere----

Whatever your views on US monetary policy (and I happen to agree), they are irrelevant to the subject at hand, to wit: the intrinsic or perceived value of the US Mint 25th anniversary issue. As a reference, the 20th anniversary set quadrupled in value within a few months of a fairly rapid sellout, but nothing like this, before settling down to a triple. The 25th sets are now selling for approaching $900 as presales on ebay.

13. FelixWankel

FelixWankel New Member

Hey guys, there is a great discussion on this set on the kitco silver forum (once you get past all the pages of people cursing the mint as they tried to buy this...hehe). Most are expecting $1000 to be the low side of the pricing once the immediate ebay flippers are done. I have seen highs estimated from 2k all the way to 4k.

14. picturefun

picturefun Member

Ebay had one set sold for $1530, it is unreal. Although most of others sold cheaper, 5 sets for $3300, or two sets for $1500
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Americ...089?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e68003999

15. magickookaburraride

Got my 5 sets today, havent opened the Mint sealed box yet ...I wont be able to see a set in my hand until I drive to my dads house.

My 5 sets would be an easy flip for 5K right now, but I plan on just keeping them ( Thats gonna be really hard to do if I see anything between 2K-4K each set )

16. waievolution

waievolution New Member

i dont think there is going to be much interest outside the us.

17. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I want 5 bucks worth of whatever this person's on :p

18. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Silver Eagles are IMHO one of the world's most boring collectable. I mean, whether you're showing someone your collection or looking at it yourself, when the only difference between a dozen or more coins is a date or mintmark, then I say snooooooozzzzzzze

19. magickookaburraride

I agree , the first time in my LCS that I saw a littleton book full of kookaburras I was hooked....from then on my eagle collection stalled.
    Changing a coin every year creates anticipation, gives you something to look forward to...just changing dates or mint marks isnt enough.
    But THIS set was a must have just for the fact only 100K were being made...the first S mint mark ...second reverse proof....just on those accounts it was going to be a home run. This home run actually turned out to be a Grand Slam, second only to the 95 W.

20. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Yeah, I remember months ago when the announcement was made and the Eaglets started salivating. Would I love to have one at issue price so I could flip one day for some serious profit? Oh yeah! But do I have any desire to hold one, ogle it and show it to others? Oh no!
    But ya know what? I think it's cool that some people get into the whole special mint mark, unusual issue thing. If everybody liked what I liked, no way could I afford to collect. To each his own I say, no one type of coin is better than another in any sense other than my own personal opinion.