1930 Penny on Feebay

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by Goldmember, May 19, 2011.

1. Comper100

Comper100 Member

Wow close to 15 grand in the end, that's some premium if it is a copy! Wonder what the buyer would do if he found out, unless he already does know.

2. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Mmmmmm if the coin is worth so much,
    1. Why would you put it on feepay when every coin collector in the country would be interested.
    2. Why would you start the auction so low and risk giving it away under value ie 99 cents
    3. My mcdonalds book states there are less than 1500 of the original 3000 made around, bet most are going nowhere as they are part of collections.
    So two in one week on feepay don't believe that!!

Looks genuine!!!! so does that mean the seller knows it's not?

3. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

I so totally disagree, with respect Graeme, ANDA is a club of "fixers". Much like the widely known "fixers of silver". They are far from reputable and one of the largest of them and very widely known incidently, not so long ago (back in the 70's) engaged in lots of seriously disreputable behaviour and I know of at least 2 who still engage in such antics behind their ebay handles. ANDA is no more a guarantee than the next self monitoring mob. In numismatics one has got to learn to grade and learn to read, research, read and read again. There is an old but very good saying read the book before buying. No dealer is going to look after your interests better than yourself. Learn to grade yourself. There are reputable dealers that is for sure but they are few and far between but, if one does not do ones own research and reading and learn to grade coins for yourself then one will never find the "good" dealers. It is a false safety to think that ANDA equates to honesty.

4. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

I havent agreed with a post as much as with the one above in a long time.

I share the same view regards ANDA and grading, and the analogy of them as 'fixers'.

If a lot of easy money can be made anywhere - beware !!!