$14 Silver!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Orbit, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Not at all. Forgive my ignorance.

2. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Put it this way: Not all of us buy generic blobs & rounds all the time. :)

3. Orbit

Orbit New Member

Seems to be tipping down a bit now.

4. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

In other words, you don't know either...

5. Gatito Bandito

You're absolutely correct. Nobody, especially me, knows of anything out there which was purchased during the spring of 2011, or even during the winter of 1979/80, or any other previous peaks in Ag throughout history, for that matter, that has since gone up in value from its purchase price, because obviously nothing like that could ever possibly exist. :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion, but perhaps you might want to spend a little less time publicly crowing about your mad predictive prowess, and instead utilize that time to expand your Ag universe a little further. It's a pretty big place out there, you know.

Unless, of course, you'd simply prefer to continue to pretty much totally rely on spot price in order to make a few bucks. Nothing could possibly go wrong there, right?

6. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

If you make a statement like this

you should know what that "right physical" would be. Or was that an hypothetical statement to show how smart you are? ;)

I am genuinely curious, so as to "expand my Ag universe a little further".

So, go on? Enlighten me, instead of turning to bitter personal attacks when I reveal your bullshit.

7. Gatito Bandito

Dude, I'll let you in on a little secret, just because it's obvious to everybody that you need a little help: It's a thing called "numismatics."

Don't tell anyone, though, okay? ;)

The only thing you're revealing is your ignorance.

And as for specific examples, do your own homework, like everybody else has to in this arena.

Again, I highly suggest less time with this garbage, & more time doing something constructive, for a change.

8. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with Cheeepo,

your full of sh!t.

Typical American

If you had bought silver in 2011 @ $49 / oz you would be upset now numis or not.

9. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Sorry to disappoint you but I bought carded kangaroos for the rrp of $50 when spot was in the high 40s

Definitely not upset :D

10. Court Jester

how much regular bullion did you buy around this time, including the gain on your numi, is it enough to offset the other metal purchase you made, are you ahead still?

I somehow doubt it unless the carded roo was the only thing you purchases in that timeframe.

the 2011 carded roo can be had on Ebay for $60 + postage so I dont know how far ahead you are if you include inflation and the metal losses:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australi...201231686130?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item2eda57d9f2

11. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I bought most of my PMs between 1994 and 2004.

However I still buy the odd piece.

For example 1812 5 Franc Napoleons. A month ago I picked one up for three euros.

My last purchase was a reverse proof 1/10th of an ounce Maple privy . I paid seven euros.

I read a lot of your verbage on here. Mostly intellectual grandstanding on observations that only the retarded would miss...such as narrow range trading following a bull bust. Doh. After greenspan hitched rates MSFT stock stayed flat for ten years.

You don't know bargain hunters. Your convictions of a perm bear are as dumbass as those of the perma bulls - for the same reasons.

As regard generalising about nationalities ( and I'm not American). You are a poor representative of your nation. Trite xenophobia is always a mark of ignorance as is what can only be described as your repugnant trolling of those you disagree with. I mean how screwed up does someone have to be to keep a sig slagging someone for a year after a dispute on a stacker forum? That's just hanging out your laundry with the fact you are a biatch printed on it.

As regards Cheepo. The physical price is what *you* pay for it. I have no idea whether either of you own buy PMs or not. I don't smell money off you maybe the screenname is a clue.

I'm not so smartass as you two to try predicting commodities. Buy low from those *forced* to sell for very little . Same for estate stocks antiques and art. It's a dog eat dog world. Stamp on competition. Jail forgers. Pay less than is fair.

I see despair in the PMs. This is IMO interesting and I smell blood. Always wanted the perth Kilos so bought a few yesterday. Paid little for them from a lcs that had them for a year (400 Euro for two). Of course the lcs probably only paid 100 a piece. You sit there waiting or spot cheepo.

Anyone who bought big at 49$ or pays spot or more isn't like me and you won't find many easily available cash ready gold buyers that know their shit paying more than 60% of spot.

You are clearly some other sort of fool.

To quote you "Again, I highly suggest less time with this garbage, & more time doing something constructive, for a change."

Hop off and follow your own advice.

Final thought - it is not what you say - it is the way you say it - so I think you are "full of shit".

I'll take kilos for 200 euros/dollars or less. Who gives a toss about spot?

12. Court Jester

I call BS on that too $200 euro for 1 KG pm bars that is approx $9 AUD / oz from a retail shop --- that is in business to make a profit selling @ 50% of the current spot price. when they could easily get spot price for it themselves.

some gold buyers over here pay spot or better so again I call BS on you anyone offering you 60% of spot is a shark praying on the desperate or stupid, you can easily get spot or better for any items

13. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

You call BS a lot because you are so full of it. If you had a fools notion of PM cash for metals you might wise up. You don't you are another douche internet pundit and belong on a shelf with the perma bull wankers as a know nothing know it all.

Interesting you missed the 1/10th maple for 7 euro. Maybe that was your momma selling it to me.

14. Court Jester

I think you are a kid behind a KB trolling and is full of crap

The coin maybe is plausible if you went to a garage (yard) sale or something similar / classified etc and the seller didn't know what they had.

the LCS is a business in business to make money, he deals with these things and would know what he had and could easily get the spot price for it from thousands of places the world over ( even with postage would be ahead comapred to selling it to you at 50% under spot)

there is no way he sold you them for 50% less than the current value.

you are just a stupid kid trolling.

put up a copy of the invoice or shut up/

15. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

If I post proof of the price will you leave this forum forever?

16. Court Jester

will you?

17. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I nominate the user house to check proof of the claim I paid 7 euro for a 1/10th maple. As regards cash down haggling in an lcs - he's not giving an invoice and I'm not asking because he's not declaring tax you prawn.

18. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Come on you coward - you want to call people liars and troll like a biatch? I'll prove it and you vanish.

Come on clown boy. "I think you are full of shit"

19. Court Jester

i said the maple was plausible, -- depending on the source of it.

I said you buying 1kg silver bars @ 9AUD/oz from a business that deals with buying and selling this gear was bullshit and it seems correct as now you cant prove it

like i said put up or shut up

still does not beat the 1kg bars I got from my local pawn store for $50 each yesterday

but he wouldn't give me an invoice either

20. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Quick run for the rat hole. Your English is poor by the way. Since you hate Americans so much mind filling us in on your nationality?

Since you like to wander the internet calling people idiots and full of shit etc. It would be interesting to know what nation spawned such an unbelievably snide and cowardly little shit.