$1.9 million PM theft

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stoic Phoenix, Dec 21, 2014.

1. darkclark

darkclark New Member

I work in forensic psychiatry and have seen far worse done under the influence mostly of ice, people become psychotic and commit truly horrible offences then when the drugs finally wear off have to face the reality the trouble is australias in the grip of an ice epidemic and things will only get worse

2. wwolfe

wwolfe New Member

A stack that size would be hard to unload quickly, and would have to work in all cash to the government doesnt find out.

3. tenchi

tenchi New Member

i wonder if the charges could be dropped by the parents or it's beyond their control now due to the amount and crime committed across multiple states?

4. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

That was the other point I was going to add that those high end addictions like ice are very hard to brake because of the acts committed in getting and using them, gambling is up there as a high end addiction along with opiates and alcohol.
    thanks for adding that darkclark.

it is a reflection of our society whether we like it or not.

5. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

My point is that the guy is going to inherit the money anyway when they die (in a few years time), and they didn't need the money anyway, since they had it in safes around the house, and didn't actually notice it was missing for a few years. So why not shout at him and leave it at that?

Do you also call the police if your kid steal the booze around the house and gets drunk with his/her friends?

6. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did three members here get robbed! I'm fairly new here and missed hearing about it. Can you please tell me briefly what happened?

7. Skyrocket

I can understand parents not doing anything about it if it is something minor that their sons/daughters stole from them but this is big dollars. I imagine there would be people who would write their children (or only child) out of their will if they stole something that big from them. I imagine I would probably do that if I had children, even if it were my only son.

8. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Especially not your family! :lol:

9. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

It must have been a huge heist operation, because the amount described is terribly heavy.

10. Stacked

Stacked Member Silver Stacker

Hi Skyrocket,

They were members of this site and also other related forums.

There are continual posts from members trying to warn newer members to be more discreet with regards to what they post regarding their stacks and personal info. It should not be viewed as paranoia, but instead cautionary common sense, as no one wants to see this happen to any other member :)

16 June 2013

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-41423-i-got-cleaned-out.html

31 August 2013

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-45933-home-safes-don-t.html

31 December 2013

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-48940-home-robbery-in-brisbane.html

11. Skyrocket

^^^ Thanks!

I guess the moral of those three stories is don't keep your PM's in home safes!

After reading that I feel much better now that I had spent the extra money to securely store my stack (small compared to those!) in a banks safety deposit box.

12. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Yep, thats my plan real quick here. Will be nice knowing it is safe in the bank!

13. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

Do little country bank branches have SDB's?

14. Sonic

Sonic New Member

Before stacking silver I stacked oxycodone. And by "stacking" I mean I would insufflate approximately 160mg daily (never turned to needles). I was younger (late teens/early twenties) and very selfish. I used the "I'm an addict excuse" once or twice too. But in the back of my mind I knew that was all bullshit. I just wanted to get high, again and again and again.

In the end I just chose to stop as I realized I'm an adult now and I've been doing this for quite a few years, not going anywhere with my life. I still occasionally partake in the blissful recreation of opiates, but I don't let it run my life anymore. I take oxy about as often as I drink, which is less than the average person. Maybe 3-5 times a year. To quote Trainspotting, "Heroin addiction may explain your actions, but it does not excuse them."

15. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Not the same but before I started stacking I was too busy melting my face off with heavy psychedelic use.. Glad that is over with there is only so far you can go before you start leaving pieces of your mind splattered all over the cosmos. I think I made it out with most of myself intact, just much more paranoid which is probably a reason I turned to silver :lol: