$1.9 million PM theft

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stoic Phoenix, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A Utah man has been sentenced to seven years and two months in prison for stealing $1.9 million worth of gold and silver from his parents' home in Wyoming.

the stolen items included 440 silver quarters, 115 silver bars weighing 100 ounces, 451 South African 1-ounce Krugerrands, 579 gold eagle coins weighing 1 ounce each, 1,250 U.S. .86-ounce silver Morgan dollars, 225.85 ounces of gold eagle coins and 1,500 silver eagle coins.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1970668-155/utah-man-stole-gold-and-silver

2. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I can only imagine what kind of glorious stack they had if they can have that much stolen and just then notice some was missing.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh wow. They should have done an EPIC silver and gold video.

Just looking at the gold, that's roughly over 1225 oz of gold coins!

Would have def pawned what we have seen on youtube so far!

4. Sonic

Sonic New Member

Serves him right (no pun originally intended). Stealing from his parents like that. Sure, two million (current worth) in PMs is tempting but, c'mon, that's your parents. Unfortunately the article doesn't say how old he is (unless I skimmed past it) but it does say the parents originally thought it was someone else, which means they had no reason to suspect their son, which means they were probably on good terms. Low low low. Probably took their whole lives (or longer, heirlooms) to possess that much.

5. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Moral of this story is don't trust/let anyone know about your stack!

6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

^^^That. :)

7. Kam

Kam Active Member Silver Stacker

Wonder what the sentence would've been if the same happened in Australia

8. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^ what stack? I'm here for the laughs.

9. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Why not just steal a few dozen of the gold 1oz coins, they probably wouldn't have even known they were missing :lol:

10. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SilverPete
    Silver Stacker
    Trades : 29

^^ That stack! :D

11. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

They implied the reason in the article, sounds like he might have had a gambling problem.

12. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

^^^
    Honestly, I don't subscribe to the "excuses" people have - I'm a drug addict, I'm a gambling addict, ....
    No-one admits to "I'm a self-centred, a..hole, who doesn't give a s... about anyone else, so I decided to steal it to fund what I like doing."
    The addiction part is just an excuse for doing whatever you want, to whomever you want, and of then dodging the consequences.
    We have a local who keeps driving without a license, etc. - "I'm an ICE addict" ---- "well go to jail and clean up your act!"

13. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

A BIG HEARTY AMEN to that!!! Plus, you got to wonder what their relationship was like in the first place. Not blaming the parents, because we are all response-ABLE for our own actions. Now the guy is going to get a big kiesta up the can, and that ain't going to be fun...1.9 mil ain't worth it. He'll probably die in there...or come a changed woman...oops, man. Ouch. :D

14. SpacePete

I have already fought back an Oceans 11 raid by Clooney and Pitt. The next team will have to negotiate random obstacles unexpectedly scattered around by my wife, especially if they come after dark.

Also, any good crim knows it's the guys who keep quiet who have the real stacks.

15. SpacePete

^^^ Also, "Sydney-2". Good luck getting any Cortexiphan.

16. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Who is going to inherit the money when they die?

Were they planning not to leave anything to him in the first place (can they deny the inheritance to their kids in Wyoming? In some places you can't, unless you have a very strong argument). I don't think I would report my kid to the police for stealing from me. Unless I hated him in the first place!

Sad story :(

Edit: The two robbed people are Howard Davidson, 81 and Sally Davidson, 70. Jesus, they have another 3 years to live. Me think: let the son enjoy the money on prostitutes, gambling and booze. Do they want to be buried with their gold and silver???

More info: http://www.dailyranger.com/story.ph...swiping-$1.9-million-in-gold-from-his-parents

17. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

That's my personal favourite, trying to justify their criminal behaviour with another criminal behaviour...

That special kind of retardation should, at the very least, get them triple the sentence just for being so stupid!

Preferably a low velocity HP into the base of the skull...

18. Stacked

Stacked Member Silver Stacker

He stole 1.9 million from his PARENTS.............and here lies the problem in today's society, as fucking idiot parents like you have no values and think this is okay............and then pass this lack of values to your children and the cycle repeats....... FFS

19. Stacked

Stacked Member Silver Stacker

SkyRocket...........?

My response was to Cheepo.....so perhaps you should have a word with your mate and suggest that some of his opinions remain "unuttered" .....unless you agree...?

I didn't pick up that this was just a cautionary tale as sadly I have been on this site during the times that three members got robbed......and by persons obviously brought up with no respect and no values, sadly to the detriment of these members.

I appreciate your good intentions as it's always good to remind the newer members :)

20. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

the truth is addiction makes people do things they wouldn't normally do, and yes its an illness of me me me me and what about me!!

hard part is for addicts to face that truth and most don't or can't and the cycle continues.

its like a shame spiral, they feel bad about what they did gamble, take ice, drink what ever the addiction is and what they had to do to feed the habit or what they did while off their face, like stealing from parents, or add to the list, and the only way they get some peace in their twisted thinking is to gamble, take ice, drink to feel better and around and around it goes.

getting off the merry go round might sound easy but the mind of the addict can't see the way out or even where to start to get off.

but really the answer is pretty simple its a 180 degree shift in thinking, instead of thinking about themselves and what they can get its about thinking about giving and not taking, but before that can happen several things need to be done and most are unwilling to do them :(