Stacker levels...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by PrettyPrettyShinyShiny, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Just to add my two cents worth here, but i'd have to say that as an initial goal - 1000 ounces of silver would be a great stack to attain ...

because with that you should be able to purchase the average family home in Australia as property continues its fall

2. euphoria

euphoria New Member

This goes for people here just as it goes for the people on youtube showing off their stacks.

This is an incredibly stupid act from who I consider to be relatively intelligent people being on this site and the wealth of info wherein. I know GP is pretty good at deleting history and things like that. But even still your posts remain and the possibility of an IP adress and someone with some rudimentary hacking skills could locate your position to within a City block fairly easily. Cross reference with sites like facebook and other other internet history and you could see the potential. This doesn't even touch on potential government monitoring. You might say I am being paranoid, i call it being prudent and erring on the side of caution.

I know you all are intelligent and you may want to broadcast and 'show off' how right you are by 'being in pms since 05' and i have over 1000oz etc. Who cares? We are all in pm's at the moment and I don't think we need the jocking for position in the 'i saw it first' club. Seriously, Think about what you are putting on the internet.

</rant>

3. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

You make a great point here, I have to agree.

Sometimes it's human nature to want to share with others, especially with like minded individuals but I do agree that folks here should heed your advice.

4. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Good idea: I'm at 83.33 then... :D

5. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

I'd say when the silver starts to run out and the industrial demand continues to roll forward, that will force it to change. Manipulation will be futile at that point!

6. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My concern is what would happen if/when industrial demand decreases, which I believe will happen in an economic slowdown.

7. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Cheaper silver for us stackers then. :D

8. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I tried...

9. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

i dont own but have it borrowed it from thucidydes79

10. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

The problem with this theory is most silver is a by product of other mining operations. The silver will be mined and sent to market pretty much no matter what the price. If you doubt this - look at the amount of silver produced when the price was around $5 per oz.

malachii

11. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ROFL

Make Love not Warcraft

12. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Even if you contributed all of your tax to you ONLY people on the mediocre centrelink payments, assuming you were on a generous 100k a year..multiple that by 47% and then split that number by the number of people on centrelink (assuming roughly all 5% of those unemployed ALL required centrelink payments, you paid me 3.76 cents. Thanks for your contribution . That sort of comment is asking for lash back.

Who in their right mind WANTS to live on $150 a week?????? Are you implying that I want to live like a miser just to say that I am *stealing* your "hard earned" money? As a university student, there is NOTHING easy about studying at every waking moment to be ABLE to contribute to the economy and I myself studying myself to pay tax at the HIGHEST bracket once I am finished my degree.

Free education, free health care, free public transoprt to say the least. Have a look at scandinavian countries - massive tax = equality for the masses.

So thanks for the implication that I am a scum sucker. Love to know why you think you are any more of a contributor than I am. So far as I can see, all you have done is attack me for using the system which supports me. You, just like me have an EQUAL vote into electing goverment officials who then enact these laws. There are so many I disagree with myself, but don't hate the player - hate the game.

13. Stacks On

Stacks On New Member

I don't mean to be a party-pooper, but the top tax bracket currently starts at an income of $180,001. Unless you're about to finish studies in medicine, law, dentistry or an exotic flavour of engineering, your degree and graduation will be less than a distant memory by the time your salary starts bumping up against that level (assuming it ever does).

I knew a guy at uni ~6 years ago who expected a graduate salary of $80,000 based largely on him holding a "Bachelor of X". As it turns out, that wasn't a realistic expectation to have.

14. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

My guess it would have been the bit where you said "I don't particularly like working..." and then bragged about how you've never worked a full week in your life and that you lived off centrelink payments.

I don't have a huge problem with a welfare system, but supporting people who imply that they just don't want to work isn't welfare, it's stupidity. If you're studying etc that's possibly different but don't go bragging about gaming the system and then take offense when people object to have their wages taxed so you don't have to work...

15. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

maybe PPSS you can get one of those sponsored by centrelink stickers for your stack. the worst part for me was your justification saying he only paid you 3.76 cents. Thanks for your contribution.. il just pretend i didnt see that.& your studying at every waking moment you do a lot of posting on here. are you asleep when you do that?. Come on buddy be a little grateful to the taxpayers that pay for you. then you ask what makes him more of a contributor than you ...Il tell you why he contributes !!!! you dont !!!!he gives... you take .Good luck with your studies PPSS but until you ARE a contributor you wont understand

16. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

The headwinds against income earners is ferocious.

I've been doing my tax return this week, and my company and my personal tax payments are around $150,000 a year. That doesnt include the tax that goes out in my employees either.

I think if someone is able to SAVE while on Centrelink payments, meaning they can buy a car or silver with it, then they are getting too much welfare.

Welfare should be support, not a get out of work free card such that you have excessive surplus.

Surplus means it is stealing from others. Income redistribution is just theft.

You might argue, that the surplus represents consumption you've deferred. Up to a point this may be true, but a Honda Jazz and 300 oz of silver is probably outside of what people would expect someone on welfare to save reasonably.

Yes the system is open to be gamed and abused. Admitting to it, in the manner you did, was offensive to people like me who pay those taxes.

17. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

True and correct.

Its actually no different if he is studying or not. I'm not sure where people get this notion that its too hard to study and work at the same time. I completed my engineering degree 3 years ago, with ease and while enjoying the best 4 years of my life, with no welfare or hand outs what so ever. I just worked 2 days a week, including 1 full 9hour shift on Sundays at the local woolies. Big deal.

I cannot believe there is even an argument that it is too hard to study and some how 'survive' let alone enjoy life without government assistance.

18. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

True - I actually studied part-time while working full time, so can appreciate where you're coming from. It was hard at times, but sometimes you have to sacrifice short term to achieve long term goals. Heck, isn't that what saving and investing is all about at the end of the day?

19. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

I worked part time while completing a Physics degree at College. It was hard and sometimes, I just didn't have time to work. Luckily I had qualified for a meager scholarship that the State gave to anyone that had a certain GPA in high school and was attending college in that state.

On the flip side, at one point, the economy was so bad 2 years ago that I went on food stamps (wasn't stacking at that point, needless to say) but I also paid in more to the city in parking tickets than I received in Food stamps! I was still working when work was available though.

20. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Hehe, i also studied Physics whilst working part time and have unpaid parking tickets !
    Havent tasted food stamps yet