Big Perth Mint Delivery

Discussion in 'Silver' started by CriticalSilver, Mar 11, 2011.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Sparrow are you a cop or some government agent or something? Or some teenage kid with a good imagination? If this suggestion offends you it means you're serious and that's a concern because you have ignored sound advice.

2. BullionBull

BullionBull New Member

I think it may be that some posters here are not on the level, and are trying, in an underhand way, to get people to describe how and perhaps even where they have put their PMs.

Look out.

3. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

I am very grateful to everybody for even a smallest idea or a suggestion.

I have a practical problem and looking for a way to solve it. Even if I just get scared and because of it I make more efforts to look harder for a better way to achieve my goal this exchange will be useful.

4. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

You are either underestimating the readers of the forum or are even more suspicious than I am which takes the cake.:)

I agree with you on this one. It is always a good policy.:D

5. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Are you suggesting that in case of the collapse of the global fiat system people of Australia will be too respectful of the property rights of other to stoop to a confiscation of the known PM depositories? Really? In this case I would suggest that you are absolutely right regarding the USA not being the only land with some super-sized features.

Anyway I think that in some cases some paranoia does not hurt. On the other hand being too nonchalant sometimes could be regrettable later.

If you can share something else beyond suggestion of my inadequacy it would be very appreciated. :)

Thanks for your efforts.

6. 2003dve

2003dve New Member

Sparrow, you are obviously not in Australia as you said you wouldnt move there, and yet the pm already is.

Why dont you just fly in grab it, take it to one of the sponsors here and sell it, take the cash and fly back home and buy some more where ever you are located and do the same in an area you already know if you want to bury it.?

Thats what I'd do, rather than have all that worry if its safe....

Rockin'

7. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

There are much more strange things than this.

Unfortunately I am not more certain about my country than I am about Australia in case of the collapse.
    To sell and to re-buy is inconvenient for some reasons though it is an obvious first idea.

Thanks.

8. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Was not suggesting you were inadequate, just paranoid and, in my view, incorrect in assuming that the (probably appropriate) paranoia you obviously feel personally as regards confiscation in the USA would be relevant in Oz.

What I was suggesting was that in the main (and I accept this is a generalisation but in my experience thus far, accurate) the view of US citizens vis a vis the rest of the world is that developed countries must be exactly like theirs and developing countries must be ramshackle backwaters. The fact is that whist we share many of the values of our cousins in the States, we are not the same..... we have very different systems of government, laws, ways of doing things.

It would not be the "people of Australia" confiscating but rather the Government. That said my personal view is that "confiscation", even though capable of being "switched on" by the Government exists, would not occur. (If you are really interested in this check out this thread .... http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-7193-confiscation.html - the linked discussions about WA seceding are particularly interesting ).

I also don't think you really grasp how big Australia is, and how unrealistic your strategy of burying your stash somewhere in the bush near Perth actually is.

That said, if you really are serious, I'd suggest a small block near but not too close to a city.... a residential block, rather than a huge swathe of land which can be surveyed, as others have said, either by air or ground. Get a guy to mow the grass once a month (to keep neighbours and council happy), plant your stash and then plant a native tree above it.... no-one will think twice about an empty suburban block with one or two local plants growing on it = it's just someone's investment (but for you an investment in more than one way).

Peace out.

9. 2003dve

2003dve New Member

"To sell and to re-buy is inconvenient"

Sorry Sparrow, but how inconvenient can it be to bury it somewhere you have no idea of.

If the situation you are not certain about arises in either your country or Australia, how do you know you are even going to be able to fly anywhere if it becomes that unstable.

Another thing, at the moment your pm is either hidden already, someone is looking after it or its in a secure vault, so if you are already worried about its security and the fact you may lose it, I fail to see that the option of burying it alleviating that worry....

Good luck.

10. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

In this case my only concern is that a confiscation could happen. It is enough reason to take some measures.

I just meant to say that it will be done in the name of the people and the people will do nothing about it. No disrespect towards the people was intended. :)

All countries are bid enough for a person. The larger the better to hide something. I did not mean to hide the stash within a mile of Perth anyway.

What is so terrible about surveyors if is is deep enough under?

Great idea. Though I would rather not involve somebody else.

Thanks a lot.

11. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Everything is relative.

I can wait if there is my PM buried somewhere and waiting for me until things get settled. If the government confiscated it there is no purpose for my waiting after that.

Yes, it is in a depository known to the government. This is the problem I have got worried about recently.
    When I was buying the PM I had not been thinking clearly that after the collapse the governments everywhere could not be concerned with their international reputation anymore. I am not in any way reproaching that. Just feel somewhat reluctant to be used for the people's good. I guess I am not a very good sport. :D

12. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

None taken :)

No I think you originally said within 100 mile of Perth, which for us is "near Perth"

WA is built on mining. They have arguably the best surveyors and engineers in the world doing nothing but looking for iron, gold, diamonds etc. Their equipment and systems are designed to detect these things buried deep in/under the ground or inside rock formations.

I was not suggesting you tell the mower guy to guard your precious! You'd be the only one who knew of it.

You really don;t know us at all. Australia is the little kid in the playground who runs around with the big kids, doing whatever he can for them so they notice him and let him play with them occasionally. We want to be a big player, even though we're not really. And to us, our international reputation matters a lot.
    You're most welcome.

Could I suggest that the most logical thing to me would be for you to fly out now, before SHTF, and scope things out.... at least that way you'd know locations, what's possible and what's not really feasible. Even with things as they are in the world at the moment, it's extremely unlikely that anything would happen during the few weeks your out here. Just a thought.

13. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

It was just an idea for a start. If there are some suitable places further away I will take it.

I do not think they are capable of detecting small stashes. They work only with the big ones.

I intend to do exactly that. But I have to prepare some plan or plans to try to implement if possible. This is what I am doing now.
    It is too expensive to just to fly without a plan. Especially if I am taking a helper to accomplish something.

I guess the best thing is to try to buy some property in a almost a ghost town or in the middle of nowhere for a symbolic price. Hopefully you have them too.

14. triumph02

triumph02 Member

Sparrow, if you're serious? there's a state forest near a place called Mumballup it's approx 250ks south of Perth, you turn left from Donnybrook and go 25ks west, nothing there but forest and the odd dope plant (at least that's how it was 18years ago)

Still not sure if you're taking the pi$$ : )

15. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

You don't specify the gauge of the chain?

16. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

Interesting! Thanks.

Is this kind of forests open for everyone?

Are there more than one of them in that part of the state?

I am dead serious.
    Actually I wonder why my plan is perceived as a joke? I have explained the rational and do not see it as in any way strange. Sometimes one has to play with an imperfect hand. This is one of those cases. It could be much worse.

Even the way I have been employing to gather information on it is working nicely it seems. Thanks to all of you. :)

"I guess the best thing is to try to buy some property in a almost a ghost town or in the middle of nowhere for a symbolic price. Hopefully you have them too."

I am not sure that with this requirements it will be easy to find and buy with help of a real estate agent. There is no much commission for him in it.

17. triumph02

triumph02 Member

It was open to everyone 18years ago, not sure about now? Mumballup was a hardly a town back then, I lived there for 6 months (well, dropped out) was renting a farm house that backed onto the forest, there were just a couple of farm houses near by and the odd hippie or feral getting around.

The state forest was mostly even ground so no worries about rain washing your big stash away!

18. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

The idea has good aspects Sparrow.Rent a 4x4 and go right out 300 or 400 km,set up camp
    and bury deep.Make sure it isn't mining land.Use a Petrol post hole digger. Make sure you can find the place again.
    There's some risk as its a mining state but not much I'd say.
    You're taking risk whatever you do in this game.
    Your've got a right to do things as you see fit.

19. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

That was my original idea. About the desert.

Where is it in that state?

Thanks.

20. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Have a look at a map Sparrow,there's lots of desert.
    That is to say ,low, bushy and infertile.
    Spend a few days looking around.You can drive 100's of kms in a day.
    The side of the road might be good enough if it's isolated and you work it at night.
    Won't get lost and can refind.
    If there's lot at stake you should study the situation on the ground,put some time and work into it.
    Where?
    Go and have a look at a number of places,as mentioned in the forum.
    State forests are a good idea.