Is it time to cap new or zero traders on Silverstackers ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by silversearcher, May 9, 2016.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there is mobile numbers and whatsapp these can easily verify the item and the contact person

taking a picture and send, its that simple.

but taking payment and sent the junk to the po, then could only involve trustworthiness

there is always con outthere

2. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

I've been a part of other forums previously with a minimum post rule and it seems to work quite well. I really can't see how it could be a bad thing to have people genuinely join the community on here before selling.

3. HugeMetalFan

HugeMetalFan Member

A interesting topic.
    As someone with zero trades who uses this forum for informational and entertainment purposes, I don't see why some guidelines can't be implemented and followed by the more active in the community...
    * A dollar limit for initial trades will not work, what with silver prices heading to the moon :D, further lucky finds like the sovereign late last week would exceed this.
    * post first for the buyer would make me a little nervous, especially with the chances of hacked accounts.
    * f2f with clearly marked photos would work but it limits your market.
    * ideal but vertically impossible without increasing costs would be to creat a clearing house

Anyhow those are my thoughts, for the moment I'll be happy to quietly stack and lurk.

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What if members can choose to became verified through Gold Stackers? Like license ID check or something. (Even people like myself who hold an GS account and been buying from GS and GS knows who we are and our details.) People can then safely (?) trade with these people knowing GS knows who they are.

Then us verified members can trade/sell for a small premium :p

5. Flyinfree

Flyinfree Well-Known Member

The trading area should be able to restrict newbie's post unless their subjects are [F2F] or [WTB] or [Willing to post first]. Same rules to members with limited trades (<5).

And also, might need to add a warning sign to all newbie's trade post.

6. Flyinfree

Good point but it need to be supported by IT and need to be added into forum's database - you know the risk as forum always under attacks.

7. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How bout a minimum IQ requirement being met before people can join the forum?

Less tards would mean less rip offs

8. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Agreed!

More personal responsibility and less regulation is a good thing.

There are enough govt regulations - no need to add regulations to this fine forum.

9. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Otis ( normal member ) took a run while having 39 Trades, goldenjosh88 35 Trades - silverstackers paid member

:rolleyes:

Both mainly, don't participating in any discussions.

Lately, ActionJackson , same not much discussion

General Guide Line, that we should look at

Numbers of posts - Contribution thru posting relevant materials
    Trades - how many have been made ; Any Repetitive Trades been made ( Shows Trust from Buyers )
    Time - when were this person registered ( was this person active )

The Trades feed back should includes communication , how fast payment being made, how fast it take to send, how well it being packed.... ( was it packed well or just dumped in the parcel box? )
    How well a person response to your messages...
    Also, base from the Conditions of the items, you can tell the characters of the person ( was the items well taken cares )
    I don't read too much of f2f, you can get your neighbours to do for you :p

Don't expect everyone to agree as above but just a General Guides Line , have traded with a lot of members thru pm that doesn't requires Trades Feed Back.... , It all comes to Trust

10. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is a good idea if an upfront fee was involved to offset the cost and effort on Gold Stackers or on whomever was providing the service.

11. Flyinfree

I would like to do it if Gold Stackers did offer benefits to us.

12. Skyrocket

You would get a benefit from being verified as a buyer would prefer to buy from someone verified over someone who is not.

13. Flyinfree

As a buyer, we always pay first, so there is no need to do that. But as a seller, it's necessary!!

14. Skyrocket

^ be also good for newbie buyers who don't know who to trust. May attract more newbie buyers to the forum.

15. Caput Lupinum

Why should it be up to Gold Stackers to have their resources tied up from conducting real business for petty time consuming crap like compliance of private transactions not associated with their business for a penny premium? It would be more cost effective for them to pull the trading section off silver stackers completely.

If you don't trust the person who you are potentially going to trade with, don't trade with them. It's not hard and it's a risk known to you before you trade here.

16. Skyrocket

^ how much resources would it take for GS/GP to have a database of members who been verified? GS/GP can charge a fee for the time required to verify members names and it is already there in the forum software too where some members have verified under their username. It would only have to be done once if a drivers licence is required where the lic number means it don't have to be done every time someone moves address. It may also help attract more newbie buyers to the forum too.

It's just an idea anyway, better then your stupid IQ requirement which would stop you yourself from joining if you were :p

17. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Or use a trusted member as a proxy to receive and clear money on arrival of goods for a small commission. Who could that possibly be ? It would have to be someone trustworthy that has all the time in the world to sit around all day to monitor the forum. I suspect there are some out there who are more than capable.

18. Caput Lupinum

:rolleyes:

19. Redemer

Redemer New Member

All of the above ideas have merit.
    When I started frequenting this site I was just a lurker for over a year. It was a great learning tool as I started stacking. The reason I became a member was to use the forum to sell one day. I could see that it can be a great tool for selling but to do so was going to take time to build my reputation. My current plan it to be a buyer on the forum to build up a good reputation for the time when I become a seller. Not sure if others look at it like this but it's my way of doing everything in my power to be a trustworthy member.

20. Skyrocket

[​IMG]

:p