Will we ever recover?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverNash, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Diagree. Blips on the radar sure, but at this stage silver is the best conductor and reflector known, and is having increasing medical uses.

A recession or depression will reduce demand for a period, but when manufacturing resumes full scale, companies will want to use materials that are the most effective at doing the job in order to return to profit and create long term growth and demand. They won't be stuffing around with cheap, inefficient alternatives - because investors will be screaming for reliable and long term returns.

More valuable than gold in 20 years. Who knows? But it's a possibility. I just hope not, because I like the look of gold better.

2. wilkes

wilkes Member

As long as you are confident you will out live that dip to make some money! The last similar 'dip' to the one we are currently experiencing was the great depression... How many years did one need to live until silver hit $50Oz?

I'm a stacker and I am bullish on silver long term, but you can't ignore the current financial market or the fact that silver MAY not give you the $500Oz returns in your forseen timeframe.

3. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Have you met our other member? Yippee? we should organise a meet and greet.

4. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Ok People.. great depression.. deflation WAS BECAUSE OF THE GOLD/SILVER STANDARD! They had really money..

Today we have irresponsible reseve banks and a repelled glass stegal so thousands of entities can create money.. and silver/gold futures out of thin air..

This is why the deflation comparison to the great depression IS a fallacy.

Silver is exceedingly useful.. recently its been antibacterical clothes, deodorant, then solar and catalytic convertors.. what new invention will require SILVER to function.. this is what im thinking..

Photo development without silver...

trust me, when you get a scarce metal with unqiue properties and supress the price to levels which it gets abused in industry and treated like a base metal.. silver will have the last laugh.. its not a base metal and just because it occurs in abundance in ore deposotories and close to the earths surface is NO guarentee that future supply will cope with continued world wide investment demand.

Silver dosent need industry to keep expanding to see its price stable.. does gold get used at all in industry>?? thats essentially a side-project and those telling why this is a bearish reason need to check themselves..

double demand (industry and investment) will soon catch up with supply.. wait for a supply slow-down or more demand and then see where the silver price is... also buds..

If the hunts could corner a bigger above ground supply with an inflation adjusted much more expensive silver, then the 100'000's of silver investors worldwide should be able to drive up prices with Ease.. i suspect only the variable is time but rather than waiting for a big silver price ill live my life and keep stacking.

Cheers yall

5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is not a fact, it's only YOUR opinion.

We are all on this forum (I assume) because we are "into" precious metals. Each member has their own idea about what they would like to see happen in the future.

I respect your right to post whatever you think. But, just because you believe something doesnt make it a fact.

In MY opinion, if Silver reaches $500/oz then Gold will be worth at least $15000/oz. But I dont claim that this is a fact.

If we all believed the same thing life would be pretty boring.

6. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

yep, tha's a fact. or is it?? no, guess not, but I believe it.
    boring.

7. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Yeah my Canadian mate always rubs it in my face that its almost "not done" to argue in Australasia, this makes us more compatible as a asian style country which tends to be more sterotypically conformist. Having said that though all cultures and countries have free thinking citizens who don't shy away from expressing their opinion, even when faced with ridicule.. in aussie, nz and other aisan countries ive been to there seems to be group pressure NOT to start arguments and to accept feed group logic and facts.. i believe this is damaging to the fabrics of a society.

ladeda

1for1

8. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

The fact is that no one here can prodict what the exact price of silver will be in 5 years or 10 years ect...... I think that all avenues must be considered and explored and for PEOPLE NOT TO BE SO NORROW MINDED

9. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What the...??!?

And how long did that conviction last?

LOL :lol:

10. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

aaww that's mean silverpete :)
    funny but mean.

11. SpacePete

I edited out the sales thread image... it was just too mean even for me :)

12. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Save me the trouble, what was the silver price at the time of this?

13. SpacePete

AUD 28.87

[​IMG]

14. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

On which basis do you say this?
    It's all speculation.
    Even a dollar is speculation, that relies on politicians / state.
    Gold also has a serious degree of reliance on politicians / state, since these hold 30000 tonnes, being 17% of total world stock.
    Any 'apparent' more stable trend is partly based on state-force. It's only since a few years that central banks swapped from net selling to net buying. Their sales / purchase figures prove that they sell low and buy high. Wealth preservation works the other way.
    I purchased silver for wealth preservation. Or more accurate: I try to dig as much State dependency as I can, and silvers market they control less than golds.
    This isn't investment at all. It's just a zero sum game with winners, and losers. The preservation has a mirror side of loss.
    That's how I look at it, based on some data I gathered around.

15. cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver New Member

This post reminds me of my little "mantra" that I have at the bottom of all of my post,courtesy of - heyimderrick - from the windy city - Chicago.

# CASH is King (convenience)
    # GOLD is INSURANCE
    # SILVER is SPECULATION - you cannot put it any CLEARER than that!

I was one of the fortunate ones who bought in 2011 and sold by 2012,totally confirming that my "heyimderrick mantra" rings very very true especially in today market place :/

Thankyou heyimderrick - the simple voice of reason amongst all of the emotion and the dreaming of easy money.

CGS :D

16. cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver New Member

Quote - On which basis do you say this ?

It is all speculation,and you are very right,so speculate this real and very current "speculation" :rolleyes:

Buy Silver - $21.00 per ounce
    Buy Gold - $1500.00 per ounce.

GSR - 1:75 :D

Hence the simple voice amongst the madenning crowd -

GOLD is INSURANCE
    SILVER is SPECULATION

Watch the youtube vid called - Goldnomics - a simple and very entertaining dose of truth and history - AND TURN THE VOLUME UP :D

Have a good day gentleman.

CGS :)

17. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

How's that 1:15 GSR doing anyway? Looks as if 1:75-80 may be the new norm these days after all. Ouch.

18. Staz

Staz Member

Canadians know nothing!

19. Pirocco

The only recovery is what you do to correct past errors.
    I buy more at the lower prices, using a couple methods to determine what 'low' is on the timeframe I have.
    It's probably better to buy silver at 5 years lows than stocks at 5 years highs. :D

20. Pirocco

People that save don't look at these days, they look at the time horizon of their saving, and the risk / dependency on who.
    What when central banks sell gold again? They net bought since only 2010 or so. Back to old business, with a couple thousands tonnes more to start with, and 30000 tonnes in the backyard. Ouch.