Golden time to buy Silver!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sammysilver, May 22, 2014.

1. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

No GSR won't stay the same.

In Weinmar silver during the hyperinflation closed the gap until the end and then increased.

[​IMG]

Can we expect the same? Don't know. I think it's a reasonable proposition and may even own a whole ounce of silver myself. I'm saving up currently for my second ounce of silver. If you have any you'd like to offer I'd happily accept. :)

Ok another free chart, a 3 year old can guess this one? Do we have a high or low for the silver ratio coming up?

[​IMG]

It's reasonable to expect silver to close the gap during the next upswing. BUT remember, precious metals are absolutely control and admittedly, we can see the patterns of influence in the charts, can it continue both the charts and fundamentals say it unlikely however they do have one thing - deflation, sucking money out of the economy. They can tighten up lending, increase unemployment and tax the majority. We are seeing that attempt play out. When you have to eat and only have a bit of gold or silver, you sell it and I see a lot of jewellery passing through at the moment. This saddens me and these people are doing it real tough. Poverty rates are going to soar in Australia, mark my words. Crime will go up too. The stats may be fudged but I think after about 2 or 3 years, everyone will notice the increase in unfriendliness.

These are social patterns and trends that are link "socioeconomic" and I'd even use that Pretcher's phrase (a guy I dislike) from Ralph Elliott's excellent work, "socionomic". There's more to this and it's social engineering through indoctrination of the masses via education, media and propaganda.

So yes it's all linked up.

Just look at the stock markets, super inflated. Interesting. Where do we go?
    Well I've sometimes thought of one wild scenario, they pull the plug on everything and deflate the lot but there may be very little metal at the bottom available. Then comes the reset. I'd want to be holding metals before then.

2. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wd be very keen to learn how the chart is bogus.

3. Miloman

What??????

The price is not the literal price you know? What metric did they use to calculate the price of silver because back in 1966 silver sure wasn't trading between $10-$20/oz was it?

So are they using CPI of which country? Purchasing power?

I gave plenty of examples e.g. Silver vs. house prices. Wages. And the increase in monetary expansion.

Did you miss something?

4. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How stupid I am :)

5. Miloman

Nah, you just missed it. :p

But actually it brings up something really interesting. The chart is not only bogus but a piece of pure propaganda.

The attempt is, by the author, that silver should be about $8, actually $5 of today's money!!!

Here's what the author wrote:
    So am I too late? Really? LOL too funny!!!

Now consider this...

We've confirmed that houses and land could be bought for between 500-2000oz of silver.

Well if silver's purchasing power is just $8 then I should be able to buy a house for between $4500-$16000.

I love the author to show me where I can do that? But, seriously, isn't it just ridiculous?!

Can I argue that it's bogus? All day long brother. Be wary whom you take advice from. But honestly I like silver, I'd really want my second ounce, I've been saving up for it. I accept any used, broken, unwanted, neglected ounces if you want to send me them.

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

My post regarding price lows was directed to Sammysilver.

But you are wrong about a massive attempt to create deflation. Governments fear deflation because it makes the debt they have created more expensive. Governments are desperately trying to create inflation. Governments trying to create inflation during depressions explains why hyperinflation occurs during depressions.

7. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

On a personal level, if silver dropped to $5, I'd be buying four times as much. But I don't believe that will happen.

For me to be wrong, and admit it, I would have to say US$15. I could never believe it could fall that low and still be mined. However, in the spirit of this thread, that would make it a more golden time to buy silver. So, I would only be wrong in the degree of golden, not the desire to buy silver.

I am not saying buy at $21 because in a year it will be worth $42; I am saying buy at $21 because it won't stay down forever. If there ever is a time to buy silver, now is that time.

8. AGmagic

AGmagic New Member

Wait what? You said it will fall to 15, then say buy at 21? Great logic. I put 1000$ in stocks, turned it to 50k in less than 3 months. How's your silver treatin you?

9. a1nipper

a1nipper New Member

You turned a grand into 50k in 3 months? I call bullshit

10. sammysilver

What a strange post. I don't think it will fall to $15. Your comprehension skills fail you. What I am saying, that this is a good time to buy silver, especially during this mainly sub $24 year we have had.

As to stocks, that's your model and good luck to you; however, silver is not my income stream. I collect art works, cloisonn, books, silver, and other assorted nicknacks for pleasure. I am sure that should I want to turn over $50,000 a quarter in silver, I could. It is a simple matter of turnover. I see myself as a technologist, theologian, philosopher, writer, numismatist, collector, all wrapped up within the persona of good time Charlie boy, I have no need to make an income from silver. Silver is where my excess wealth resides; as an asset, insurance and silverannuation.

If I wanted a career move in order to earn more money, I'd invest in drugs and prostitution and hope that I'm not always too drunk to enjoy the merchandise.

11. ryan71

ryan71 Member

I agree. I think around $20 (USD) is the new base. If the price were to TRY to drop to $10 heavy volume would bring it back up.

12. Ag 47 Silver

Ag 47 Silver New Member

I'm new to this thing but if silver drops to $15... I make a massive (for me) purchase of 200 oz+. That would more than double the amount I have now. Then, if it got back to $20+ in the following ~3 months, I probably sell some to hold the profits. Not sure I see it getting so low. Although, if stocks keep rising, silver should keep falling.

If silver crashes to $5 an ounce... I'd be a huge buyer.

13. sammysilver

Let's do the numbers.

You have 200 ounces at say $24. ($3 premium to be used on all transactions). $4,800 investment.
    Spot drops to $15 and you buy 200 ounces at $18. $3,600 purchase.
    Total investment 400 ounces at $8,400 or $21 an ounce at spot equivalent of $18 an ounce.

If you sell your last purchase and take the $1,200 profit, what are you going to do with it? Buy more silver in a rising market, at possibly more than $24 an ounce? It would make more sense if you are after a profit, to sell your current holding now and buy 467 ounces when spot is at $15.

This is the difference between talking about it and doing it. But do you have the ticker?

The real secret to silver stacking is to hold a job, work hard, with your excess put it in silver, grow your stack and only sell some or all when you need the funds. If you fancy yourself as a silver trader, give up your day job, sell your house, and trade silver every day. In your spare time go back to uni and do a commerce and finance degree.

14. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you want to trade, don't do it with physical.

15. Ag 47 Silver

Ag 47 Silver New Member

It only makes sense if you know for a fact that silver will keep rising at that time. Nobody knows that for certain.

Current holdings = 130 @ $20.50 = $2665

If I buy 200 more @ $18 an ounce and turn around and sell at $24 (using your numbers). My initial investment is now worth $3,120 however my total cost was $6,265 with a sale of $4,800. My initial investment is now 130 oz at a cost of $1,465 (per oz = ~$11.25). Any further increase in the price lowers my per oz. However, my now break even point is $11.25 instead of my initial expenditure of $2,665.

If the silver market was volatile enough that I was able to see these return by the end of this year... with enough volatility, you take this turn around every time. Sure, a person might want to sit with 370 oz at a cost of ~$16.90 an oz to maximize the future profit as much as possible but given a volatile market, each day might bring gains/losses. Pulling back some profits is always a good thing. The only question is at what point are the profits pulled back? That is up to each investor.

Hey, I'd be pretty well off it I left the blackjack table every time I was up money instead of staying there. But, people, myself included, want to always maximize the profit without realizing the potential loss. Take the profit and run especially with more volatility at stake.

16. Ag 47 Silver

Ag 47 Silver New Member

Definitely true. I've been watching the stocks to buy those. This might be my next investment instead of the physical.

17. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You could also get yourself some PMGOLD on the ASX.
    It's a Perth Mint product that tracks the price of gold. Also redeemable in physical (with a fee) if you ever wanted to one day.
    Pretty good compromise in my book.

18. Ag 47 Silver

Ag 47 Silver New Member

My stock portfolio is tied up in different Vanguard funds (USA). Vanguard has a precious metal fund that I have been watching. Vanguard Precious Metals and Mining Fund (VGPMX)

I have also been watching the price of silver and buying the "stock" for that.
    - http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/silver
    - http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/AG

If I do invest in either of those three mentioned above, it would be for the longer haul. Owning physical silver is "fun" and look forward to buying more. The above investments would be for a retirement fund type of thing. Retirement will be in 25-30 years.

19. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dont worry Sammy you have about another 2-3 years of these prices before you will see real movement

not "at easter this year" like some people predicted

20. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

pffft what a stupid statement

Of course silver WILL rise the question is when and how much by

I can say : Silver to hit $100 USD

but that is 100% fud unless you have a time frame. as I am 100% positive that at sometime in the future silver will hit $100 USD but that sometime might not be for another 150 years.

According to the above statement the $20 USD silver is a BARGAIN

pity I will never live to see the fruits of my investments.

With my prediction I ahve give a time frame and a price range which for almost 18 months now has held true.

you might think $20 silver is a bargain well it simply isnt in reality. For then next 2-3 years there are better investment assets than silver.