thoughts on suissegold.ch? and buying from overseas dealers

Discussion in 'Silver' started by xag, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Call'em.

2. registersilver

registersilver New Member

@Phiber: we have called them several times and they found a lot of reasons not to dispatch the order, even by this time. They are not answering to the phone calls, like another poster said here - they say they are busy and can't take the call - are you serious?!? We are paying you $ XX, XXX and you say that you are busy?!... and not only once but most of the times.

Before paying them the money they were replying in 2-3 hours. Now they are replying in 4-5 days and very very short reply.

I personally think Suissegold.ch is scam and fraud at the same time. Maybe previous clients sent them smaller sums, but now since they have received a big one, they want to clear things out.

In order to settle this thing I have asked them for a refund of money to my bank account (from where the money was sent) in max 5 days (they can keep all the transaction fees, cancellation fees) but not to deal anymore with them.

If they fail to send me the refund or refuse to do so they are 100% scam. I will provide you with all the screenshots and documents which will prove that. Please note I have sent money by 2 weeks ago and they haven't even bored to dispatch the package by now.

I will keep you posted.

3. Phiber

Lol I really couldn't care less, no need for screenshots and whatnot :)
    I have bought through Maggie and it has been super smooth. If you want to believe they are a fraud and a scam, it's up to you :)

4. NNikolajsen

NNikolajsen New Member

I live in Switzerland - and Suissegold.ch is not amongst the recognized bullion dealers here. The company behind it, CC Holdings LLC, is not even a Swiss registered company or a certified Swiss bulliond dealer - and the whole website is celarly targeted towards foreigners, using the "swiss" brand to add credibility.

In short - it is a non-Swiss company (allthough they host their website in Switzerland), not a recognized Swiss bullion dealer - and a online enterprise only. Why anyone would do business with a company of this type, I would not know.

5. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Perhaps the original poster of this thread should be careful about using words like "fraud" and "scam".
    I have dealt with this company for several years without any issues.
    The Silver Stackers administrator has also vouched for their integrity.

6. NNikolajsen

NNikolajsen New Member

I have no experience with the company, and I am certainly not accusing them of fraud. But it is clearly a marketing ploy to use the Swiss brand - as they are not a Swiss company.

7. Maggie

Below is CC Holdings Swiss address as listed on their website,

Analysis & Research:

CC Holdings GmbH
    Lidostrasse 6
    CH-6006 Luzern
    Switzerland

Telephone: +41 (0)41 588 0298

8. NNikolajsen

NNikolajsen New Member

I stand corrected, thank you. Was stearing blindly on the LCC, and did not see any reference to an AG/Gmbh which would put them in the Handelsregister (registered company list).
    I will investigate futher on their exact status here. But from the looks of it, and with the feedback given by many - it would seem it is a legit operation.

9. OakMountain

OakMountain New Member

NNikolajsen is correct, they are only a subcontractor of the british mother. Their official registered business modell due to their suisse registration is "Trade in goods of all kinds, especially with classic furniture, investments, acquisition, management and sale of property and copyrights, patents and licenses of all kinds".
    Until 2010 they were partially suisse `cause former managing shareholder Mr von During from Switzerland had a share of 0.25%. Since 2010 Mr Christopher from GB is registered as the sole shareholder and CEO.

However, communication is weak and almost useless (asking me what they could send as a replacement and then send something else than what was agreed or shipping at times I asked not to ship - during holidays) but shipping is fast (well, quite "fast" - usually 7 working days after ordering ordinary bullion - which would indicate that they get their stuff from abroad and not "in stock" in Luzern). They also offered me replacement items that were not listed on their suisse page several times so I would assume they have another source or supply elsewhere.

10. Phiber

Interesting the number of new members on this thread....

11. OakMountain

OakMountain New Member

As I read before you never made business with them on your own so what`s your personal experience then?

It would be interesting to know whether maggie can remember if his/her (my apologies I don`t know better yet) shipments had a suisse post tag on them or had been shipped from offshore?

12. Maggie

OK. Picture this. For example, I order a monster box of American Silver Eagles from a supplier who is not in the USA.
    The ASE,s are shipped direct to me from the USA. It would not make any sense for the supplier to have them shipped to their country and then ship them
    to me, would it?
    The statement re whether or not the business is currently operating out of Switzerland is irrelevant. The original business apparently did.
    Switzerland does not have a licence over the name Suisse. Anyone could register a business name in most countries using it.
    It seems strange to me that this has raised this much interest from members from Switzerland.
    Are these new members from Switzerland involved in the bullion industry there? If so, then a statement of your position would be helpful.
    Otherwise what is the issue here?
    The source of bullion sold by Suissegold is not an issue to me and has nothing to do with where they operate from.

I repeat my previous statement that I have not had any issues with Suissegold's service or communication.

13. OakMountain

OakMountain New Member

I know it`s been a while since the last post but I wanted to provide you with a little more completed picture (since some not very nice things were posted about some swiss members here). As of 11-4-13, suisse FINMA (imo ASIC in Australia) enforced interlocutory measures against Suissegold Switzerland branch CC Holdings GmbH, Luzern and initiated an investigation because of "suspicion of engaging in activities covered by supervisory law without the corresponding licence ".

Si fueris Rmae, Rmn vvit mre.

14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Got a link?

What does "11-4-13" mean?

15. Phiber

11 April 2013?

16. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

That's a long time ago and they are still operating. :/

17. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Would be interested to see a link or article.

Anyway I don't see a need to get anything from Suissegold when the prices plus shipping ain't really that fantastic.

18. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Or 4th November 2013, in the American date format.

19. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As OakMountain noted, FINMA is the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority.

Here's the link relating to CC Holdings GmbH, dated 4 Nov 2013: http://www.finma.ch/e/sanktionen/vo...tellungsverfahren/pages/cc-holdings-gmbh.aspx

20. OakMountain

OakMountain New Member

I am not warning or having something against suissegold UK (.com) but this threads latest posts before it dried out were about suissegold.ch and therefore it`s suisse branch, it was just for clarification if someone wanted to store or collect their PM in Switzerland (which they are still advertising on their .com page).