My postal delivery man/woman forged my signiture

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSanchez, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Highly sensible spdz!

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Just an update

Reported a complaint and it was delt with that very day - the delivery guy came to my house and appologised and has clear instructions that all registered posts will be treated as such!

So win for me

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Win for all of us :)

4. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I've had platinum signed for packages left in my letterbox numerous times with forged sigs.

I completely lost my shyt with the fella concerned (a 'man with a van subcontractor for Auspost), after he left a 2.5oz au bar and a couple of PM ag 10ozers in my letterbox, which ANYONE could've lifted.

I let the rather shocked polish delivery driver that I was unimpressed, and graphically outlined the consequences of him forging my signature again... I believe he got the point.

I wouldn't have been happy - several grands worth of metals left for hours in my letterbox, accessible to anyone walking by.

I haven't needed a platinum satchel for his testicles as yet, so it goes to show he must've listened. :)

5. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've worked out that my driver picks up a load of parcels from the main depot, drives around all day handing out SORRY WE MISSED YOU cards for all the packages he didn't deliver yesterday, then dumps all of today's packages at the post office.

It's the only way I can see how I can track a package online to the ATTEMPTED DELIVERY stage, not get a card, hand over a handwritten note with the tracking number at the post office, collect the package and then get the SORRY WE MISSED YOU card the next day.

6. itin

itin Member

I have three "signature conformation" packages due in the next couple days. As it is the weekend, sometimes we have substitute drivers.

My wager is that 1 will be signed for, 1 will be forged and 1 will be marked "sorry we missed you" while I'm home waiting for the knock on the door.

I'm in the States. I'll let you know how it goes.

7. spdz

spdz New Member

Getting a weekend delivery you should be happy! Oz is only M-F.

8. Silber

Silber Member

To some extent, I can understand that the delivery guy is tempted to cut corners, given the low wages and time pressure, and the low risk of getting cought. So to say, probably thousands of signatures are forged every day, but hardly anyone who receives the package thinks or even complains about it. The argument that one pays for the service of a signed delivery is certainly valid, but I'm not sure who to blame here. I doubt that the delivery guy gets paid more for delivering packages that require a signature. For him it's probably mainly a waste of time (especially in Australia, where even delivering the package to a neighbor can mean a detour of hundreds of miles :p (yeah, cliches, sorry... ;) )

BTW: I'm giving my workplace address as delivery address. That's where I am the whole day (i.e. also when the package arrives), and... it's not bad when fewer people know the home address, anyhow...

9. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

At least most of you got your packages.Last year I was at war with my postmaster general.In every case it dealt with coin packages.The letter carrier wouldnt even leave a card and didnt take my package out of the post office.I found out when I called apmex about an overdue delivery.We sent it out they said.I called the supervisor at the PO who told me they tried to deliver it 3 times but no one was home,which is weird because I am homebound due to a bad hip.They then told me that they couldnt find the package.Eventually apmex got the package back and resent it fed ex.This fiasco lasted for six months with missing coin packages every week until they reassigned the letter carrier.No problems since then.

10. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My reply would be "that's cool with me. Just send me a dated hard copy of the relevant legislation and we will call it quits there. If you can't do that then wouldn't that make you a liar?"

EDIT TO ADD

So many people trot out "WH&S" but whenever you call them out to list the specific part of the legislation that they are referring to then perhaps they need to go away and do some research before dolling out legal advice. Oh, and for the record the last time this was said to me was when I was barefoot trying to buy booze (I was sober) so I said "no problem mate" Put the booze on the floor at my feet and left to buy the same booze at another bottle-o.

11. Argentlust

Argentlust Active Member Silver Stacker

No one seems to realise on this thread that whan something is sent with Australia Post and a signature is required on delivery the item can be signed for by anyone present at the address. (Gardener, Painter, Pool Cleaner, Neighbour, Delivery person, Etc)
    The only way around this is to pay for Person to Person Delivery which costs an extra $5.80 and requires proof of ID to enable delivery.