Best Silver Plays on the ASX

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by 1for1, May 17, 2020.

1. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

BCN is a bit of a funny one. Many holders getting pissed off with the SP stagnation. Many are waiting (if not the vast majority) are waiting for the debentures to be paid in full. Also some hopefuls think a dividend will be paid almost straight after that, which isn't going to happen IMO, buy I'm happy to hold for a while as there is potential for this 'dog'.

Shivers, wrcmad and 1for1 like this.
  2. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Definitely potential.... I saw potential and bought. I have sold now, but still see potential.
    Problem is, share price stagnation is too too great an opportunity cost to hold on to in this market.
    For example, I sold BCN to buy more ADT, and ADT jumped over 17% just yesterday alone.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Shivers, 1for1 and StewyD32 like this.
  3. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, very true. There is alot more quick gains happening all around BCN. Depends what type of investor you are I suppose. For me I tend to hold and not trade as much, whereas I presume you are quite active in trading.
    Would you jump back in if BCN get out for the .036-.038 channel?

Shivers and 1for1 like this.
  4. wrcmad

Yeah, I know you are big on BCN from the HC forums. ;)
    I can see it is a safe bet, but there is no growth ATM, so much better returns else where.

Shivers likes this.
  5. wrcmad

I would definitely jump back in if it starts to move. :)

Shivers and StewyD32 like this.
  6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

skin the dog for now :)

7. nickybaby

nickybaby Active Member Silver Stacker

Must thank this thread. I play the stock exchange ( I'm not knowledgeable enough to assume it anything but a gamble for me). But I just hit my first 10 bagger thanks to PMY.

Specifically I'm in PMYO ( I know enough between heads and oppies). now that I have my original investment back lets see if they can hit 2.5 cents then I can buy that kilo gold coin ive always been after.

8. Justin Thompson

Justin Thompson Active Member

Sorry guys don’t know how to delete post.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  9. Shivers

Shivers Member

Hi All, I took a speculative punt on pmy and Svl as well after reading this thread and am doing quite well. Thanks for the insights and the article on the different silver mines on the asx! @1for1

I have a question - a friend is asking if he missed the boat on PMY... what’s your thoughts do you think the spike is coming to its end or will continue on up with price of silver climbing?

1for1 likes this.
  10. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

@Shivers -- thanks mate, yes PMY has been amazing up 400% in a few weeks now 10 bagging in 2 months if you got really lucky.

Still a tiny Market cap for what it has in the ground.. Silver, Zinc and Lead are all breaking out and Pacifico is so advanced it should be able to be built to enjoy these strong prices in this bull cycle for the next 9 3/4 years. Having the Mining and Environmental permits and being close to port with electricity in WA. OPFS about to drop which will increase resources markedly and with it revised resources prices bring up the EV massively.. Further expansion of Sorby and then the newly purchased next door tenement which could theoretically double the resource and yet to be touched.. With have a partner who has a 25% stake that can fund the project and Sign a binding offtake for ALL our metal for our LOM..

Id say its a fully sorted company and just a matter of time before Sorby gets way bigger and has considerably more value, is bulletproof having 2 close to surface metals that can justify the mine as is with supernormal profits.. the Silver is literally the cherry on the top for Sorby.. except now at $40 AUD it brings more value than the lead and zinc.

It seems Pacifico's timing is perfect and this project was aquired at an extremely advanced stage at rock bottom price and the market never gave it true value or anything like it.. only now we are getttig to the optimised pre feasibility study pointy end has interest begun.. and it has coincided perfectly with the booming metals prices and consumer behaviour shift to real money due to economic meltdown and crazy fiscal policy exposing the folly of our debt based system.

I would recommend jumping on the hotcopper PMY forum to read more from some extremely savvy posters.. I liked PMY because of Simon Noon... he is extremely adedemic when it comes to geology.. i jokingly say he is a science geek.. doode knows his rocks.

This is called a secular Gold / Silver Bull because its not just a pump.. this is going to be a rerate as there is a global awakening (a change) and things are going to be different as we keep getting told..

Probably gold and silver WILL NOT go back down as the stimulus will not go away will it... in fact! Another round of stimulus is just around the corner.. which probably means gold and silver will have to adjust to the upside as sensible people look to protect their wealth.

Stocks amplify the physical metals movements.. gold stocks are up 1-100%.. Silver stocks are up 100-1000% since the peak of 120:1 until yesterday.. Silver is so undervalued as no one really remembers silver ever having its day in the sun.. and silver is so cheap its too expensive to store..

Basically the biggest negative for silver is its low price.. if it was $100 it could easily be $500... this is how human nature is.. it stinks at $50 but all of a sudden it will be very trendy at $100 - 200

I am going all in on silver (gold etc) here.. dont see much downside tbh.. this is not 2012.

wrcmad likes this.
  11. Shivers

Shivers Member

@1for1Funnily enough, I joined hotcopper yesterday and had a poke thru the comments...very informative. The timing has put PMY in a great position... Thanks for your valuable insights. Will keep researching!

1for1 likes this.
  12. yurana

yurana Active Member Silver Stacker

Myl waiting for MIC license then we will have a rerate. One of the top 10 silver mines of the world .any week now

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  13. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It'll be interesting to see where the PMY share price sits at the start of 2021. They're now cashed up, insto's on board etc.

1for1 likes this.
  14. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Insane gains today for silver stocks many are up 40-50% -- how crazy to think it could happen all over again tomorrow and the next day. A Few already went up as much as 20% on Friday.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  15. Justin Thompson

Justin Thompson Active Member

So True.
    I am in SVLOB and sold half today at 50%.
    Still holding bulk SVL hopefully this is our time to really shine, only thing that would top off would be Bowden approval.

STC likes this.
  16. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it has nothing to do with silver itself silver is still and always will be shit

https://smallcaps.com.au/australian-silver-stocks-soar-reddit-squeezing-metal-supply/

this is a similar squeeze play similar to game stop

17. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Translated - I sold my silver years back and missed the boat with silver stocks now I have sour grapes?

--- Sideways --- until it is not.

I give you way more credit than to think silver is like GameStop.

Silver will take down the shorters and will be permanently re-rated to at least $50 + imo as public awareness will grow and metal demand increases with higher prices.

Basically silver may get pumped to $1000 buy I think $100 may be a more normal price for the 2020s.

Buttcoin is over 30k so anything can happen.. makes $1000 silver fair in comparison but let's stay sensible silver is still great value at these levels. Silver stocks (some) are a steal... Most not doing any FA just ploughing in but the sophisticated investors will work out the true plays that will profitably mine in near term ($BML).

Good to be holding physical.... mmmm silver, it's been a long game and it's not over but holders are looking like coming up roses over non holders.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  18. Court Jester

actually I sold the bulk of my silver recently @ $34 ish an oz at a decent profit and put it into shares and made 30% and Eth (>100%) gains in a couple of months

silver is shit the shit talkers ahve been talking it up $100 silver then $1000 silver to da moon back the truck up idiots for many many years and yet that has not

19. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Congrats, well played with silver so what you doubled your money in 10 yrs?

I still think silver has a lot of price inflating to do in order to get to fair value comparitviely.. i think holding crypto like ETH in anything but the uber short run is an invitation to lose all your equity.

Good luck and have to admit you have stuck to your guns about silver even though you being schitt despite holding it the majority of the time.. seems counterintuitive but i do this with stocks i hold (difference is by the sounds i actually liked them in the first place which is why i am a holder..)

Did you just fall out of love for silver or you inherited them etc (dont need to reply but interested in your sentiment and long term holding status - intruiging.

20. Court Jester

I like the collectabiles not the metal

I have sold all my bars / scrap coins and have kept a few collecables that are valued more than the metal price alone.

I sold up as I can get better returns else where plain and simple and on top of that collect dividends. Silver went no where for a long time, while you could ahve thrown a dart at a dart board of random stocks and probably have done better. Last year was one of the best opportunites we will ever see to make money investing. I am glad I made the change.

Ivykoin and 1for1 like this.