No-coiners are so Mean :(

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by southerncross, Jan 3, 2018.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Come on SX, zerohedge?

I don’t know, I have no proof to suggest that is the goal of ripple labs. But it is one possible reason I am heavily invested in it, you’d be a fool not to back both ends in this game, the centralised and the decentralised.

The government has already forced ripple to comply with KYC legislation, those crypto assets that do may be in a position to continue to operate in the future. Those that don’t will remain on the fringe or have a role to play in the grey market.

As long as there is no coercion there is no moral crisis for me.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You're kidding right? Banks and governments work hand in hand. Banks are no more free market then any government is.

So you can't always go on your government bashing rants and then say you like banks. (the same banks that are only here due to the peoples tax money)

jerrygold likes this.
  3. mmm....shiney!

You’re mistaken. But I know it’s no good trying to convince you otherwise, most people are brainwashed to believe exactly that.

It’s one thing government does well.

wrcmad likes this.
  4. leo25

The government loves people like you :) you keep thinking the banks are free market like a good boy. I guess the banks telling the government what rules to write and having tax money guarantee is "free market".

5. mmm....shiney!

Now you're deliberately misrepresenting my position.

Firstly, I never said that the banks are operating under a free-market system, so your reference to that is disingenuous. I said that banks are useful, one of those uses is to connect those seeking to raise capital with those seeking to lend capital. Now if you have a problem with banks lending fictitious $$, then you'll have to take it up with your friendly government because they legislated the regulations that control the banking industry in the first place, and mind you, they keep re-writing the rules to benefit themselves, witness the recent super profits tax on banks, what a joke. It's just a smokescreen to lure gullible voters.

Secondly, one of the most common misconceptions of conspiracy theorists is that they believe big corporations pull the strings of government. I pay no attention to conspiracy theories because of that mistaken belief that somehow, a group of disparate industrialists manage to collude in such a manner that they are able to dictate government policy across the planet. It's laughable really, how a group of individual and organisations across the globe are able to apparently, plan everything when they can barely control their own local markets.

Thirdly, all the conspiracists really end up doing is shifting the blame for the monumental cock up of our economies from the culprits ie politicians and the public service to the beneficiaries of those cock-ups ie anyone or any organsiation who lobbies government for favours that come at the expense of others. And yes, you can include banks in on that, as well as fossil fuel companies, renewable energy companies, unions, enviro Nazi organisations etc. Must be nice for governments to have conspiracy theorists perpetuate the enduring myth.

Stick to what you know leo, crypto technology and leave the politics and economics alone.

6. leo25

Ill agree that we disagree and leave it at that. I'm sure in reality the truth probably lays somewhere in the middle of what each of us think. We can never really know for sure either way, so there is no point arguing about it.

I don't think 100% free market is better then 100% government control. The flaw lays with people in general, so good and bad things can happen in any system. So be it government or mafia, there are always people that will take advantage of others in any system.

BuggedOut likes this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

Instead of taking this thread off-topic I've followed up to your post on the "Beyond Democracy" thread. What you choose to do after that is up to you. :)

8. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just a follow-up to one of SX's points above, saw an interesting vid recently that highlighted some of the "issues" with the Lightning Network "solution"...interesting ;)

southerncross likes this.
  9. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

= BCH, BTC will eventually go the way of Myspace etc.

10. camylopez

camylopez Member Silver Stacker

As much as I am a supporter of crypto, and have been for many years, I also support the crypto bashers and those warning against it.
    Its ok for many to buy in and take the ride up, calling those who sell on drops or bad new as weak hands. However the fact is, its likely very heavily manipulated and a lot of people lose money when it corrects.
    This last 6 months is not investing, it is gambling and speculation, some people win and some people lose.
    Anyone standing against the trend and warning about it is to be commended.
    Regulations is another thing, regardless of if you support it or ignore it, most will get stung by it eventually. The crazy part is most people think its a good idea and rarely think of the consequences beyond the fat that its now "recognised" and the bank cant discriminate against. Regulations will be the death of crypto, or i agree, a way to control the population.
    There is no anonymity with btc, its sudo annon, and with regulation there is zero anonymity, which means control.
    Having said that, I do think exchanges need to be forced to be more transparent, there quite possibly be one or another involved in all this pumping.

11. southerncross

I'm not actually against those warning against a crash, rather more so the mouth breathers who endlessly warn people that are well aware of the risks involved already.

It is one thing to be cautious and aware, to alert others to the risks involved, to highlight the reality's etc. I personally welcome a realistic assessment from those who know what they are actually talking about and appreciate their opinions totally.

But those with no skin in the game at all, who don't actually know anything about Crypto at all and sit off on the sidelines calling Ponzi, I have absolute disdain for. And for what it's worth I see very little distinction between the ASX and Crypto's at all. I do my due diligence, pay my trading/TX fee and hold or sell as I see fit.

The only real difference is that I can trade 24/7, my trading fees are minimal and my returns are way ahead of the ASX.

That and the fact that I have made well over 100X's profit with Crypto as opposed to the ASX over the last six months.

I just don't get the angst that other people have with other individuals doing what they want to with their own money, well knowing the risk's that they are taking with their OWN MONEY in the first place ?

It just seems like every third person on here is a fuckeing Robot from Lost in Space screaming DANGER WILL ROBINSON

a bunch of grown Adults that have got this far in life without sticking their Dick in a Vacuum cleaner or Shoving a Pineapple inadvertently up their Pussy.

I've helped a few people get a wallet started and given a few pointers over the last six months, I am yet to hear from a single one about how they have lost everything yet. I'v sold BTC + others in the same time frame, apart from the last couple of weeks they are all up "BIGLY" since I sold to them, some very "BIGLY"

Maybe instead of focusing on all the negatives, maybe some of the great minds gathered here on SS could all get together and actually focus on how to make the best of all this that is on offer for all of us instead ?

I'm just an old redneck who lives in the Boonies, not very tech savvy and not very technologically minded, but if I can make a profit from this and at least give some others a pointer on how to do it and get started on their own journey, maybe instead of focusing on the negatives, how about we all get on the same page and focus on the positives instead ?

Surely it couldn't be any harder than pointing out the negatives all the time ?

12. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

here here !! It reminds me of the old RE threads the have & have nots who cares if you dont like cryptos or RE or (insert your pet hate) some will, some wont, some wish, some just whinge for the sake of whinging .

Different strokes for different folk.

As a newbie to the crypto space i would welcome some intelligent discussion on the subject . I have so much to learn & am only playing with what i can afford to lose before anyone says im throwing my money into the atmosphere... its my money & you are not my mother or financial advisor.
    Thats the attitude i had for the last few years about crypto while others were making a motza.

Im game as with any investment you cant win if you are not playing.

southerncross and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  13. southerncross

First thing's first is to get yourself a decent Crypto wallet, then go take a peek under the hood of just what Blockchain is reno. It's a steep learning curve but once it click's in it is no more difficult than buying a share or using internet banking, probably easier actually as you are relying on yourself rather than an institution mostly.
    Feel free to PM if you need any help along the way.

renovator likes this.
  14. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

willrocks and Gullintanni like this.
  15. southerncross

No more or less real or surreal than a paper market really. Except that the Crypto Market is no where near as manipulated by Global Banksters as is the paper
    market in Gold, Silver, shares or Fiat, for now. The Malignment only arises because those that want total control are unable to gain control of it all. Mind you give it two or three generations of trickle down riches and we will see the same thing occur yet again

16. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Haven't heard from this thread for a while.

17. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Unless you got in in the last two months, crypto holders are still way ahead of any other investment. No no-coiners probably can't appreciate that.

southerncross likes this.
  18. southerncross

It's been a bit weird for a while here on SS.
    Most, apart from the educated section seem unable to separate Bitcoin
    from the other thousand odd Crypto's and equate the whole spectrum solely with Bitcion itself.

It gets really absurd when as a PM stacker yourself, you get completely inane arguments from evangelical types trying to save you from yourself.
    All while they have never taken the time themselves to research the obvious opportunities available on offer with Blockchain technology.

Or that of the disruptive Tech that is only months or years away on offer, if not already in use.

They neglect the fact that the ASX has already taken the tech on board, that the Perth Mint is about to create it's own Blockchain tech, that major banks are scrambling to get on board right now.

Infact their only solace seems to be their sheer joy when crypto drops. They then swarm out of their shelters en masse and rejoice with post's of "I told you so" and "I was right" while referencing the ever so stable prices of Gold and Silver in response, neglecting the 100-200-500 to 20,000% increases some of us have enjoyed over the last six months alone.

Step outside the holy grail of BTC itself and the returns can be balistic

The last three months alone,
    I could of cashed out the equivalent of an original "investment" from previous profits of less than 3 K to over 60K (at current value) from only two crypto purchases alone.
    Or I could of sat on 2 Oz of Gold from the start and be up like a $100 dollars maybe now.

I hold way more than a couple of cryptos, plus a bunch of Gold and Silver as well.

Q is why are you No coiners trying to save me from myself, or others ?

19. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Why? - caused by fearful crypto-ignorant noobs
    Bought more yesterday. Will buy more today. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

20. southerncross

Exactly, I hold a bunch of Crypto's that are up 300-1000 % and none of them are BTC.

No Coiners are like moths at a light bulb, Edison's first one even,.
    Meanwhile while Flouro and LED's and strobes are flashing away in the background and displaying all the potential,
    they can't even see colour yet.