You guys win

Discussion in 'Silver' started by BamaGuy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It is, but it's not always welcomed by some.

2. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

He is omitting some important details in his capitulation post.

On another subject post, he chose to dismiss my thoughts on a particular subject by calling me a "fucktard" and accused me of perpetuating lies.

At no point in time did I attempt to force my views, in fact it was just a typical conversation.

I resented this abuse and reported him to the Administrator who consequently issued a warning.

He took offence to this and did not feel the need in anyway to at least apologise for unacceptable comments.

We don't have to agree with each other but we must always show respect and accept others have different thoughts.

3. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

It's all about attitude...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeDwLlEjwfY[/youtube]

:D

4. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You mean "Hearts and emotion" and stuff like that?

Peace love and mung beans baby :cool:

5. Ok, in all honesty I would have preferred him to stay but perhaps just let the attitude leave.
    He is obviously not a dill and has good general knowledge from what I could tell.
    If he had refrained from the personal attacks I would have liked to hear his point of view but this was not possible with the personal resentment he caused me with his caustic remarks.
    I had simply chosen to ignore him for the time being and did hold some hope that he might be getting what the problem actually was.
    Perhaps he will reconsider.
    From what I have seen on this forum I am certain he would not be lambasted (not too much) or lose face for his swan song here if he did reconsider leaving.
    I guess, indirectly I am hoping you are still reading this thread Bamaguy and this may give you pause for thought.
    I mean, c'mon, I was tempted but I refrained from using the nick name I had for you, Barmy guy. :D
    Am I speaking out of turn here or do others agree?
    I don't represent the whole group here but I think it likely many of you would welcome him back without giving him too much of a hard time should he reconsider. :)

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Agree. Alternative views can be healthy.
    To call his views controversial is IMHO a little skewed on the mob mentality - alternative does not mean controversial.
    As for attitude, he was no worse than a lot of the current members with "non-controversial" views, but seemed to be unashamedly outcast for not conforming.
    Not defending his name-calling...... just sayin'.
    IMO, there is one certain European member who has just as bad an attitude, but is pedestalled for his dazzling ability to recreate The Matrix opening scene with every post using cut-n-past data to infinity.

7. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't really care for posts where people say "i'm leaving" but seriously...

You guys are very quick to chase people away, I'm not sure I like that.

8. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe GP needs a whistle? :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk[/youtube]

9. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Did someone loose an arm or leg?

10. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

heart

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Bamaguy is mostly right in saying that rational discussion isn't welcome by many members here....especially when someone suggests anything other than the same old regurgitated silver-to-the-moon-tomorrow rhetoric that is so pervasive.

Where I see it a little different from Bamaguy perhaps is that fortunately, there are some members here who's mind hasn't been eaten by the zombie permabull mentality. It's those few members who keep it real and it's their comments I look forward to reading even if they suggest a bullish turn. It's because they take a broad and open approach to metals and investing like Bamaguy did.

12. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

I get just a wee bit of a feeling that Bamaguy is the type person that can't take constructive criticism.
    Certainly shows in his arrogant, smart arse, and sometimes offensive remarks.

Bamaguy if you do come back to read this thread. I'm sure there are folks that don't want to see you go.
    If your leaving the forum because of one person reporting you to administration then it shows what kind of person you really are.
    One of the "Rules" of the forum is to keep it clean.

Be a man, take it on the chin, clean up your posts, and have some respect for other members.
    Most everyone here keeps it clean. We all enjoy joking around and ribbing each other to an extent.
    Keep in mind we do have some underage members here.

13. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

^^^^^^^ Well Said.

14. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

There is another forum where the PM section is dominated by rabid ultraBears who are venomously intolerant of disagreement. Hopefully, the dear
    (?) departed will find his way there and spend the rest of his days ecstatically pontificating away in what he'll find to be a heavenly environment.

15. nbboy1123

nbboy1123 New Member

I know I'm new, but every day it seemed all that he talked about was negative stuff. We all can have an opinion. (In fact I hope everyone does.) Just make sure you don't become personal about it and shoot everyone else's down via name calling, childish things, etc. We're all entitled to our own self delusions....in fact if I didn't have mine I'd just die! ;)

16. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

He probably worked for JPM and was hired to cast doubts in the hearts of men. Once the building caught on fire the writing was on the wall and uptrend is taking place and he couldnt handle being wrong. ;)
    Jk

17. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You mean Peter Schiff on all those tv investment shows?

18. RT

RT New Member

I hope you stick around mate.
    Didnt personaly really see anything wrong with what you said, I got mates who talk that way to everyone. Bit of stiring never hurt anyone in any real way.

Your not the only one here that starts attacking on a personal level, sure people might not like it but at the end of the day its on the internet! Its no ones real name and (cant speak for others) but I get a laugh when someone has to go there :D

Its all a bit of fun, people have different views and also need to have a bit of thick skin when you put your views out for all to see.
    If people are getting the sh#ts about your name calling, take it on the chin but come back. Its pretty hard to have a 2 sided discussion if the whole place is only supporting 1 view :D

Its the internet! :lol:

19. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

There are plenty of nasty arrogant permabull cry babies here in this forum. If I were to report to the administrator every vile, inflammatory comment that was launched against me by one of those permabulls, I'd be making a complaint almost every day. A lengthy series of extreme attacks by one member here was made through private messaging but I never went to cry to an administrator. It's been resolved now and that member and I are cool with each other. I believe in second chances.

To claim that Bamaguy was alone (if that's one someone is doing) in using language that is inappropriate or offensive is to be woefully ignorant, delusional, or a blatant liar.

20. pdkbffwleo

pdkbffwleo New Member

Bye!

God, this is embarrassing.