Who's in the dog house for buying

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Chillidog, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

That's the trick. Pick up some coins for you and a nice .925 piece for the lady and things'll be fine! :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Alright lads, as this seems to be a male dominated thread I feel the need to stick my oar in! :p

I don't have a partner/spouse/boyfriend....what I DO have is a 15 year old daughter who seems to think that any excess monies I have, once all the essential bills are paid, should be given to her to spend on clothes at Top Shop or just generally on 'stuffs'.

Consequently, she knows NOTHING WHATSOEVER about my stacking activities because I would never hear the last of it, I tells ya! :rolleyes: And...no....it wouldn't matter if I tried to explain that in a few years time I could liquidate some of my stack in order for her to having driving lessons/buy a car/go travelling or whatever. As is the case with so many teens these days she WANTS IT ALL AND WANTS IT NOW!

My son would probably want to buy a couple of new guitars or a drum kit, which is more of an investment in my eyes due to his musical prowess, but he is just as clueless about my stacking and will remain so until, say, at least his 18th birthday.

The nearest I can get to what a partner would think of my stacking is that a couple of months ago I didn't have a clue about eBay and no account but I had a little look at silver bullion on there one day and found some Baird rounds going for a bargain price. So I asked my ex (whom I'm still on good terms with and was familiar with buying items on eBay) to grab them for me, which he did. When the rounds arrived and he came to pass them on to me he was curious as to why I suddenly wanted to acquire PMs. When I had finished giving him my explanation for my activities his expression was basically one which said, " You're fkn nuts, woman!" :lol:

3. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I'm the odd one out here too because I'm the stacker in my family, my husband is still hanging on to his super fund while I jump up and down begging him to see the "light". I get home all excited and show him my latest panda, lunar, omni round purchase.
    I am working on him to withdraw some money from his govmint enforced Super Sh*t Fund so he can transfer over to PM's before he looses it ALL.

4. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I didn't think one could withdraw anything from ones Super until retirement age (min 55)? I guess that means I'm assuming your hubby is not retired, of course - but I have just realised in reading your comments I *may* be behind the times on current rules?

5. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Reading this topic has made me realize I need to join a local chapter of BA...Bullion Anonymous.
    Hello, my name is Richard and I'm a bullionholic :(

6. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

My husband has just turned 55 (not retired) from what he tells me he can withdraw about 1/3rd of his super (in fiat) and I am hoping he chooses to do so and convert this money into gold and silver bullion.

7. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

I was the starter stacker in our house. Hubby threw the line of why are you wasting money on that s*** for.
    Now suddenly it has become 'our' stack' which we added 5 more ounces to yesterday.
    And our girls are turning into little stackers with their birthday money from grandma promptly being spent on a one ounce coin of their choice.
    So we are making sure that there will be a next generation of stackers.

PS Hubbys wrong its still MY stack.;)

8. Philski

Philski Member

My wife was most excited when i told her how much the 1938 Crowns cost when they arrived today. She is still speechless ( not talking to me) and giddy with excitement (went to bed early)

9. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

LOL