Who's in the dog house for buying

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Chillidog, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Yeah mine didn't like my lunar, and panda purchases a while back she was right I shouldve got more oz.s for the price I paid. :)

2. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Single now, by choice ..... just wish I'd thought of that before the divorce. lol

3. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

I asked my wife a couple of days ago "would you rather have 1000 oz silver or $1000 cash"? She said with no hesitation "the cash"! Am I in trouble???

4. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I'm currently back on "hold" mode to prevent myself from spending too much in one go. :|

Also, gold is losing some of it's padding. If it keeps going it will go back on my buy list.
    Need to reserve fiat for that too ;)

In the end though, I've bought enough this week to keep myself satisfied, but I could be convinced with a POS drop to $22. :p

My girlfriend is happy with my financial decisions :cool:

5. enzedda

enzedda Member

Will never be in the dog house if there's no one else to answer to. Just glad my off spring thinks like me :)

6. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Ignoring the fact that you could sell the silver for more than $1000, with the direction that silver is going maybe your wife is smarter than you think. :D

7. Jing

Jing Member Silver Stacker

wifey knows I have silver.. but she has no idea how much I'd be willing to fork out for an ugly old round 50c piece / childish coins with animal pictures on them / silver door stops and paper weights

spot price? whats that?

she does like the looks of the 1/4 gold coins tho

8. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

"I get to go shopping now that you bought all those bars if silver"

9. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

sell the dog and the doghouse to buy more silver...

10. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, I was in trouble when I started 4 years ago, she now begrudgingly accepts that it has made some money.

But that was three years of being told I had blown our savings after all the hard work she had to do to earn it, that I had been ripped off by the guy who sold me the majority of the stack, that I should sell it and just take a loss so I could put the money in the bank.

Everytime it went up slightly she told me to sell it. Every time it went down we went back to how I had no idea about money. everytime I told her we had made x amount of money she told me that we hadn't made any money because I never sold any.

Boy did I love rubbing her face in it when it doubled in price, I am keeping a bit quiet now but she listens to the radio in the morning so she knows what is going on.

"Fortunately" has father has lost the majority of his money in greek shares which he has held for decades so she is now comparing my investments with his.

She has also got the hang of buying the dips and told me to buy a 10oz over the weekend because they were going cheap. It has since lost about $20 in price but it will be our first bar!

It took three years, a worldwide financial meltdown and the price of silver to double (and a whole load of buying on the quiet) to convince her that I had some idea of what I was doing, and in her defence, when she met me I was 20,000 in debt (the average in the UK at the time) and had the largest collection of Star Wars figures that eBay could provide so spending was in fact my hobby in those days. (of course the Star Wars figures are now worth a hell of a lot more but as my wife says, you have to sell them before they make any money)

11. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

My wife got more content with my buying only after i would tell her how much we made last night while we slept as a result of the stack increasing in spot price when silver was running up to $50.
    I have stopped that tactic now that it has dropped.

12. Sargeant Argent

Jislizard sell the star wars stuff and buy more silver and gold, if it makes you better you can give each bar. Star wars name and the rounds can be the ewoks! ;)

13. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All that stuff is still boxed up in the UK, will cost $$$ to ship it over so I have to decide whether to sell it next time I am in the Uk, or bring it over and sell at my leisure.

However the price of the figures is less volatile than silver, they only seem to be going up, a far less manipulated market. Also there are a finite amount of the figures and with George Lucas bringing out a new release every ten minutes he is keeping interest in the figures up, like this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-...7494?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item2a144846e6 cost me about $10 when they came out, they now go for over $100. Granted that was over the last 100 years or however long since Return of The Jedi came out.

As for the ewoks......

14. Sargeant Argent

Maybe get gold instead go 1/4 oz for the main characters (Luke - Panda, Hans - Maple Leah - Roo etc.) And then 1/10 oz. For ewoks! You'll be less volatile and more portable! You can fit the whole cast in your pocket!
    Now chew on that one for a while ;)

15. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

and if the plan doesn't work you always have a dog house to sleep in LOL

16. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

"Hey why do you have a 400kg safe where my shoe rack use to be"

"I'm keeping your shoes safe from the perverted neighbours"

"Are my shoes in the safe then?"

"No. Under it."

17. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I have to admit, I got it lucky at my end. I look after the stack, the better half keeps a hawks eye on real estate in our intended semi-retirement/retirement spots.

Works well, she knows the prices of many places, and is tracking that, whilst I track silver & gold. She sees what arrives (and is semi aware of price, nags me if there's been no additions for a while), and in the meantime is content to track RE pricing, waiting for the "gem" to come along.

No, she picked the second smartest investment to be in at the moment... oh, you only gave her two choices.

On second thoughts, yeah, you're in trouble mate :D

18. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

My wife does not like silver she says it looks too plain and tarnishes but she loves her gold, she just "stole" the 3x 1oz gold dragons I bought for her "collection"

19. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Yep, reduces expenses too. Dog food costs are surely rising with inflation :p

20. SilverBrumby

SilverBrumby Member Silver Stacker

When my partner first bought 2 old '66 50c for $12.50 each I thought he had finally lost his mind and my world fallen apart. Took a few 925 bracelets and rings and now I am totally obsessed with stacking.